Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Apr 2003, 15:28 (Ref:569130)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC: Roger Moen joins with BTCC Peugeot

Moen with BTCC Peugeot
STCC 14/04/03

Roger Moen will join the STCC with a Vic Lee BTCC Peugeot 406 Coupé, making it two BTCC spec' cars and two Norwegians driving them. Originally it was planned that Roger would drive in the BTCC. Instead Roger rents both car and mechanics from the Vic Lee team. The car will be, just as Tommy's Astra, be given 100 kilos of extra weight. It is still uncertain if they will make it to the premiere at Falkenberg, the team is working frantically.

Source: Sportinformation.com

Johan Meissner
johan@meissner.se
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:57 (Ref:569271)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Roger Moen is back racing again in a top level TC championship. Good for him. I felt bad for him after losing his ride in the BTCC in '98 I think.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:47 (Ref:569323)   #3
speedchick
Rookie

speedchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aargh! I'm gutted about that for 3 reasons:
1. It would be good for more cars in the BTCC
2. Those Coupes are soooo nice
3. Roger Moen would kick ass in the BTCC!

Does this have anything to do with Peugeot Norway? I thought Moen was linked with them in some way. It'll be interesting nevertheless to see how the ex-BTCC cars perform against the others cars and each other!
Old 19 Apr 2003, 08:37 (Ref:573823)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does this virtually confirm that VLM have the 307's in place and ready to go?? Would hate for the 406 Coupes to be overseas if the 307 turns out to be dead slow
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 19 Apr 2003, 09:52 (Ref:573872)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were 3 406 Coupés in use most of last season, so that should not be a worry for VLR. I do think though that the 307's are ready to go..
Old 19 Apr 2003, 15:04 (Ref:574107)   #6
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad to see Roger is doing something. He's a great driver!