Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3347926)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Super Prix

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf

Includes a round of the FISCAR Challenge. http://fiscar.org/
Old 30 Jun 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3428693)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, ignoring the goings on across the channel weekend before, HSCC return to the Brands GP circuit for this great meeting. Hopefully the timetable and entry list will be out this week, but I know the (combined) Guards race on Saturday has a full entry as I got the last slot! Gilbert Gilbern has new shiny suspension bits to try, and have now got an engine that pulls to 7k through the gears since rebuilding the (professionally modified ) distributor that started to fall part inside at Snetterton.... Hope it is a dry weekend, as am looking forward to the normal sociable paddock atmosphere. A cold beer is never quite the same when it is raining!

Old 30 Jun 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3428758)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm disappointed that we're back to a shared grid in Guards but Brands GP is such a terrific circuit it's always a brilliant weekend. Guards on Saturday with E-type then Touring Cars on Sunday with brakes! At least, that's the plan......
Old 1 Jul 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3428876)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I'm disappointed that we're back to a shared grid in Guards.
I look at it this way, Colin- in Spa 6 there will be 14 GT40s as well as other fast kit on track with me, so a bit of practice at keeping out of the way could be useful!

Old 1 Jul 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3428964)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I look at it this way, Colin- in Spa 6 there will be 14 GT40s as well as other fast kit on track with me, so a bit of practice at keeping out of the way could be useful!

Only 14 GT40s at Spa?

What's happened to the rest of them?
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3429061)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Only 14 GT40s at Spa?

What's happened to the rest of them?
They're still building them.......

One thing for certain, there will only be one Gilbern GT!

Old 2 Jul 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3429594)   #7
stevemorse
Rookie

stevemorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going up on Saturday
Just seen the entry list on HSCC site some good grids.
Was surprised by the ten car entry for the super tourers,are most drivers saving their cars for the classic.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3429629)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Going up on Saturday
Just seen the entry list on HSCC site some good grids.
Was surprised by the ten car entry for the super tourers,are most drivers saving their cars for the classic.
Yes, it is a bit too close. Classic races are a bit of a showcase for the cars, so can understand why most are being saved!

Just noticed looking at timetable attached to entry list that the Guards race on Saturday finishes before it starts. Hope that isn't an omen, as is the last race.......

Last edited by Mike Bell; 2 Jul 2014 at 20:50. Reason: Addition
Old 9 Jul 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3432219)   #9
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like HSCC might have broken the weather...looking at the forecast it's not likely to be blessed with the usual superprix sunshine
Old 9 Jul 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3432224)   #10
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't it always pee down sometime during the weekend at Brands?
Old 9 Jul 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3432230)   #11
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Looks like HSCC might have broken the weather...looking at the forecast it's not likely to be blessed with the usual superprix sunshine
You need to go to www.comparetheweatherforecast.com - simply put in your location and it finds the best forecast for you.

... I'll get me mac
Old 9 Jul 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3432241)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As I am just down the road from Brands for another couple of weeks I will probably come up to see you youngsters playing about, get the kettle on Iain or do you want me to wear my mechanics overalls ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jul 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3432252)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
As I am just down the road from Brands for another couple of weeks I will probably come up to see you youngsters playing about, get the kettle on Iain or do you want me to wear my mechanics overalls ?
Brilliant Gordon but come and stay Saturday evening we can have a proper drink or two.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3432567)   #14
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our Tiff Needel is playing with our Formula Fords again.....I hope he can keep up with the youngsters!
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3432570)   #15
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way, have you guys seen our young 17yr old Josh Barrett's YooTube footage of our HFF races? He's doing a great job, he would like a career as a commentator and he's getting better and better (see round 6 Snetterton). He's cutting his teeth on our series and if he can keep up with us he can keep up with F1 no prob.

website www.HistoricFF.co.uk <http://www.historicff.co.uk/> .
Old 13 Jul 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3433353)   #16
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
You need to go to www.comparetheweatherforecast.com - simply put in your location and it finds the best forecast for you.

... I'll get me mac
It's tipping down this morning in the Royal County of Essex. I was looking to getting down to Brands at around lunchtime - but will it be cars or canoes?
Old 13 Jul 2014, 07:01 (Ref:3433356)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 308GTB View Post
It's tipping down this morning in the Royal County of Essex. I was looking to getting down to Brands at around lunchtime - but will it be cars or canoes?
Looking at BBC weather Essex had the worst overnight- it's just damp at Brands at the mo. Showers forecast though...........

Old 13 Jul 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3433359)   #18
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looking at BBC weather Essex had the worst overnight- it's just damp at Brands at the mo. Showers forecast though...........

That'll do for me - be there at lunchtime!
Old 13 Jul 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3433480)   #19
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
I did my flying visit to BH this afternoon, weather went from ridiculously damp to ridiculously warm. Worth the journey for F5000 cars alone - they are brutal pieces of machinery.
I appreciate he's probably a very good driver & he'd just won the race but does Michael Lyons have to do a Vettel style #1 sign on the lap back to the pits? A simple wave would suffice...

There was what appeared to be a Triumph Stag Owners club meeting going on near the main entrance - a busy night for the AA?
Old 13 Jul 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3433497)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If I'd known I'd have taken 40 head gaskets, could have made a killing!

we went up this morning and took in the HFF and HTC races. showers and very warm/humid.

F5000 are beasts and as quick/well driven as they may be its nothing like in period, is it the tyres? or the lack of necessity to win at all costs from the drivers ( quite understandable!)

The best HSCC saloons race I've seen with 4 different battles going on down the order. The battle for the lead was but a layer of wax right up until the last lap. Simons Imp fell back a little mid race, not sure if he made a mistake or a gauge suggested cool off a little, he was ringing its neck in a battle with Bob Bullens Anglebox for 4th. Richard Cross was in a 3 car battle with a Cortina and Alfa, there was another 5 car battle headed by Colins Shaguar. And Nick Whales Lark showed well despite dodgy brakes in qually. He's a brave man, if the gang of children fixing his car was anything to go by!
Old 13 Jul 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3433552)   #21
mike faloon
Rookie

mike faloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks from 1000ccF3 Historic Racing to Iain for the loan of the clutch release arm which allowed Leif Bosson to get out in the Classic Racing Cars round in his Brabham BT28. A prince among men!!
Old 13 Jul 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3433558)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike faloon View Post
Many thanks from 1000ccF3 Historic Racing to Iain for the loan of the clutch release arm which allowed Leif Bosson to get out in the Classic Racing Cars round in his Brabham BT28. A prince among men!!
I did give your message to Iain Mike, just as you told me !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Jul 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3433571)   #23
mike faloon
Rookie

mike faloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought you looked vaguely familiar Gordon!
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3433631)   #24
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef - no problem with the Imp but I had qualified somewhat out of position in 3rd with a 1 53 and a bit - this was about my best on the GP but others had obviously been a tad too cautious in qually. So given the dry conditions for the race, it was always going to be a backwards journey, bearing in mind the quality of the entry and cars. I did a new pb 1 52 and a bit in the race - I did have a bit of a moment and explored the grasscrete a bit at one point so decided to calm down and bring it home. Great day though....
Old 13 Jul 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3433639)   #25
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking racing from the HSCC again. Really enjoyed the Historic Touring Car race, highlight of the day for me

P.S just over 50 shots are on my Facebook page if you fancy a look, direct link - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6361580&type=1

cheers
Az