Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Oct 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3935131)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jeepers this is a big meeting .
Old 17 Oct 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3935139)   #52
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Jeepers this is a big meeting .
Think over 400 cars .
Old 17 Oct 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3935148)   #53
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, is a certain 26R still dangerous in you class classification? As to the weather, sorry…
Iain what car are you driving through the painted lanes? Take care, those could be less friendly than appear at first glance…
Cant imagine the traffic situation between Bandol/ Toulon and Le plan du Castellet. If you like rosé wines, may I suggest Pibarnon or Château Vannières? The latest in red is good too. Look for an official Vin de Bandol and enjoy with modération!!
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3935155)   #54
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Gerard
Iain is driving with me in our little 1961 Lotus Elite
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1916.JPG  
Old 17 Oct 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3935174)   #55
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Jealously) wishing you all a safe and fruitful weekends racing.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3935181)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Closest for under 2.5l championship is a 911, Gerard, then the Elan.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3935205)   #57
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hello drbob, what a wonder you have here, a master piece of elegance and efficiency, beautiful inside out. Thanks for the pic, be safe and have fun.

Good Mike, gon on like that… Did you hear about people experiencing a kind of "conflict" between the MSD box and a Stack rev counter? Jean Marc looks very happy with his renewed car but a little bit worried with those bits.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3935214)   #58
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just found this for JM: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/do...ocID=TECH00139
I see MSD sells a Tach Adapter not forgetting this might be a ground trouble too…
Old 17 Oct 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3935221)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Introduce all them modern electronics to old cars and you’re asking for trouble!

Not much chance for pics today, but managed these-
Attached Thumbnails
86484CE9-A21D-42D2-AC06-A4AC79EC208C.jpeg   F532346E-3DD2-4D62-BBC0-F93B11676CE0.jpeg   B2486A98-FC28-46E0-8599-D3468F71FA7D.jpeg  

Old 17 Oct 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3935222)   #60
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Introduce all them modern electronics to old cars and you’re asking for trouble!

Not much chance for pics today, but managed these-
Cheers Mike. Good to see the M back out.

Shame personally that I haven't been able to see it this year. Will be good against the hordes of 917s .
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3935231)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not many Vélo Solex in your area, Mike! Do you imagine an average custom officer asking for the total value of such a loaded trailer!!!
With or ex-VAT?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3935345)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The mind boggles at the value of ‘cargo’ in some race trucks! I know a lot of the time customs officials want to look to see what cars are in trucks just because they are petrol heads. Not for any ‘customs’ reason.....

So, Gerard, to save me having to don my Sherlock Holmes outfit, is the Commodore here, and are you driving?
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3935346)   #63
Willmaz223
Veteran

Whats the weather like. Forecast seems ok ish.

Watching timing is like walking down a bottomless ravine.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3935349)   #64
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike its about to become a rule of the thumb, if you see my name on the entry list you can make sure the Commodore is still sitting in its Parisian garage!
Anyway, Jean Marc is very happy with his renewed car, lap times are a lot improved more than 1,5". Re his revcounter I just told him, Ã* la Iain Rowley, WTF, just drive WOT and take no prisoner!
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3935351)   #65
Willmaz223
Veteran

Be good to see how Rory Butcher gets on sharing an E Type.

He was P5 in BTCC this year.

Track looks wet as time about 30 secs slower than dry lap.

Also see Pierre Rousselot driving a Daytona Cobra but is 7th reserve.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3935352)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike its about to become a rule of the thumb, if you see my name on the entry list you can make sure the Commodore is still sitting in its Parisian garage!
Anyway, Jean Marc is very happy with his renewed car
Ha, so are you here even though car is not? Glad Jean Marc is pleased with the E Type.

Will, track action started at exactly 0900 and first heavy rain shower hit at..... 0900! How’s that for timing. We’re not doing 60s FP so car still tucked in tent.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3935387)   #67
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yop, Mike, next time I'll try to change your Herlock Sholmes for a Hercule Poivrot! You never know with those people…
Weather forecast steady, no heavy rain, some showers only. Cold.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3935401)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Bob had torrid practice . Both learning the track Pooring with rain . Screen fogged up and two red flags . I’ve got to tell you the free!!!!! Food is making up for it . Got to go and have another puffing .😀
Old 18 Oct 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3935426)   #69
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And have another WHAT???!!!!?

What the hell is in hospitality?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Oct 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3935440)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Bob had torrid practice . Both learning the track Pooring with rain . Screen fogged up and two red flags . I’ve got to tell you the free!!!!! Food is making up for it . Got to go and have another puffing .😀
Ah sorry PUDDING.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3935455)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, the quality of the catering here is equal to anywhere! May as well post this before someone else does
Attached Thumbnails
F972BA1D-3315-487C-8AB1-BE6243532A0A.jpeg  
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3935472)   #72
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pudding? You say pudding? In a French event? Cant believe that… Did you check the date they baked it? I mean the year!!!

Good lap times Mike, not far from the 26R's. Why did you stop twice?
As on usual the noisy beast of the Stephen family is fast!

Delta, dont you even rely on a French caterer when it comes to "puffing" they can't write pudding properly! Not mentioning the recipe… Is that "pouring" or "poor rain"? I'm puzzled…

Last edited by Gerard C; 18 Oct 2019 at 16:44.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:41 (Ref:3935474)   #73
Willmaz223
Veteran

Good to see that a 917 Langheck, one of the earlier versions is racing.

That is going to be quite a sight.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3935475)   #74
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pudding? You say pudding? In a French event? Cant believe that… Did you check the date they baked it? I mean the year!!!

Good lap times Mike, not far from the 26R's. Why did you stop twice?
As on usual the noisy beast of the Stephen family is fast!

Delta, dont you even rely on a French caterer when it comes to "puffing" they can't write pudding properly! Not mentioning the recipe… Is that "pouring" or "poor rain"? I'm puzzled…
Yes, team are happy with Q time so we just need a steady race, and a finish! Two stops? One for driver change and tyre pressures, second to fit lights and check tyres again....
Old 18 Oct 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3935485)   #75
Willmaz223
Veteran

The 917 Langheck that I mentioned above has been rebuilt by Willi Kauhsen and Norbert Singer. Not bad .

https://www.facebook.com/pastorelliclassiccars/