Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Dec 2001, 16:58 (Ref:182588)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Premier F1 delayed to 2003

Just heard that Premier1 Grand Prix has had it's launch postponed until 2003.

This came from a journalist friend. I've not seen it elsewhere yet...

Is this the begining of the end or just a small set back?

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Dec 2001 at 17:01.
Old 5 Dec 2001, 17:14 (Ref:182596)   #2
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yip, it's on their website: http://www.premier1grandprix.com/
Old 5 Dec 2001, 17:16 (Ref:182598)   #3
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just as they had me convinced it was going to happen Ah, well, no fool like an old fool I guess

You can count me as very supprised if this acually happens now.
Old 5 Dec 2001, 19:00 (Ref:182671)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
haha! Oh dear... oh well
Old 5 Dec 2001, 19:11 (Ref:182675)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dang I was looking forward to P1GP!
Old 5 Dec 2001, 20:42 (Ref:182716)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
....out of sight, out of mind........
Old 5 Dec 2001, 22:26 (Ref:182768)   #7
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Nige and Damon said no then!!!
Old 6 Dec 2001, 10:45 (Ref:182877)   #8
rumple
Rookie

rumple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to be allot of scepticism towards P1-GP but why? This could actually be a very spectator friendly formula and provide an affordable alternative to going to see F-1 races.

All those who attended Rockingham (I'm sure)would agree that for spectator value for money in reference to who you could actually see and where you could go if you purchased a paddock ticket was far greater than those who will be buying tickets for Silverstone this season.

My point is P1-GP have stated they will make it extremely spectator friendly and the whole package is being designed with that in mind. When do you think F-1 last thought of or gave serious consideration to the spectators, why not give it a chance instead of biting the hand that may be trying to give you something that most motor sport fans have actually been wanting for years?
Old 6 Dec 2001, 10:49 (Ref:182878)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hehehahahaha....

sorry, i know a lot of people have worked very hard on this project, but is this ever going to start up?!
Old 6 Dec 2001, 12:03 (Ref:182890)   #10
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Premier F1 will benefit from starting in 2003, I should imagine that there would be major problems for teams trying to find top-rate drivers halfway through the regular season. As it is starting along with the rest of the championships in 2003, it should be easy to find drivers than it would be in June 2002!
Old 6 Dec 2001, 22:01 (Ref:183098)   #11
Scooter
Rookie

Scooter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think it comes down to weather Bernie wants it to happen or not...
Old 7 Dec 2001, 00:21 (Ref:183153)   #12
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to take my usual stance on this one, and find a spot on my very comfortable fence.

Premier 1 is, in my opinion, a good idea. It's what many people want, a field of what is effectively identical F1 cars. They should sound the same, look the same, the only real differences being:
1) Slick tyres as opposed to poncy grooves
2) No Traction control
3) Semi automatic gears instead of automatic gears
4) Spectators are actually encouraged to get into the series.

They've taken a large portion of sports fans, football fans, and decided "Let's try and get them into motorsports". I reckon that Bernie wants it to work because he knows that there's a large untapped market out there.
It might work. It might get some football fans to actually watch motorsports, because as we all know, it's much more interesting when you've got someone to support.

From my point of view, I tend to ignore hype, which is a good thing in this case. I was looking forward to going to the race at Donington next year (as long as it was reasonably priced), and supporting a driver, not a team. I'm keeping an open mind on this one.

As for whether it will take off, with the cars not built yet, they need some time to get rid of any problems. It's better that they delay and get them sorted than have a farce in their first year.
Old 8 Dec 2001, 21:24 (Ref:183755)   #13
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope that it does work out, with the FIA throwing its weight around about F1 tracks, but it's not easy (obviously)!
Old 9 Dec 2001, 08:52 (Ref:183862)   #14
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive got a open mind on this one.....if the racing is fast and good , and they have quality drivers it could become a good series....the only reservation i have is the tie up with these football clubs...it might work out , we will see.....what won't help though , is premier 1 top brass saying about whether or not to separate race fans into different grandstamnd for hooligan reasons....that just shows that they havent got a clue about motor racing , and i find that quite worring...
Old 11 Dec 2001, 20:43 (Ref:184757)   #15
Scooter
Rookie

Scooter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The organisers of Premier F1 have been trying to tout it as a rival to F1 tho' (which it may well be in terms of 'good racing'), but like CART and IRL seem to be showing, rival series usually lead to one of them collapsing. And I can't see F1 collapsing.....but then I never thought IRL would get the upper hand on CART either!
Old 11 Dec 2001, 21:53 (Ref:184805)   #16
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Rayner
I reckon that Bernie wants it to work because he knows that there's a large untapped market out there.
Don't forget what's going to happen to "Formula 1" in 2008