Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 6 Sep 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1087899)   #1
AGR26
Rookie

AGR26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Day

I've talked 7 of my friends into going to the Chicago race with me and I want to get the full experience. Unfortunatly, we cannot go up there on the day before the race.
However, according to the IRL website:

Sunday:
8:00-12:00 IRL Credentials
8:00 Garage/Tech Open
8:00 Catholic Mass
8:45 Chapel
10:00 IRL Drivers Mtg
10:30 Pacecar Rides
11:00 Spotters Mtg
11:30 IndyCar Pre-Race

and of course,
12:30 IndyCar Race.

What are these things, and can we attend/participate?

Pacecar rides sounds fun!!! Cost?
Drivers meetings open to public?
What is Pre-Race?
Garage/Tech open to public?

I just feel as if there is more going on than just the race, and I want to experience as many pre and post race activities as possible. I am really interested in getting up close to car and/or drivers!!!
thanks in advance.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1088150)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The venue's website might have some answers for you, and I think that Tim might know a thing or too as well...
Old 7 Sep 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1089431)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just came from Nazareth, and if you go to the thread, "Anyone Attending Nazareth?", I did my best to explain how my race day went.

To lengthy, to repeat again!

Last edited by GP Racer; 7 Sep 2004 at 21:20.

Danica Patrick
Old 7 Sep 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1089451)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The key would be whether or not "paddock passes" are available to see many of the "behind the Scenes" things like a driver's meeting...although at Indy, I believe the public can see the one they do on Saturday morning before Sunday's race...

But they aren't really exciting...

The Pace Car thing is probably when the drivers are paraded around the track for the fans to see....but I'm not certain of that...

Pre-race is all of the on-stage/podium announcements, the national anthem, etc....and it happens right in front of the grandstands...

But to be safe, e-mail chicagoland speedway....

different venues do different things...so you might be pleasantly surprised...

One Note:

Go to the IRL Fan Experience with the simulators, the pit crew challenge, etc...that stuff is kinda cool to do and see....

One American Open Wheel Series!