Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Sep 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2757594)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 17 - Allcomers 60 minute Pit Stop Race (3)

Last lot:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5500wb.jpg   IMG_5525wb.jpg   IMG_5539wb.jpg  

IMG_5581wb.jpg   IMG_5609wb.jpg   IMG_5660wb.jpg  

Old 11 Sep 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2757712)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
2..... As the last race and the longest, I'm covering this with 3 posts even showing a couple of moderns, since I know at least one of the drivers involved is looking at this thread!:-
I trust you appreciated me nipping across the grass to the armco to let you take a good close-up ;-)

another set of great pics John, thankyou.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2757772)   #28
Orange Ears
Rookie

Orange Ears should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for photos of race 17 and 2 pictures of my car - a modern ZR (silver and orange). I do have an MGB as well, so hopefully more historic racing in 2011.
- Julia
Old 12 Sep 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2757974)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I trust you appreciated me nipping across the grass to the armco to let you take a good close-up ;-)

another set of great pics John, thankyou.

You kept that quiet Thanks John, if it hadn't been for your fearless investigative reporting the world would never have known about MGD's misdemeanours
Old 12 Sep 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2758230)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, folks. Actually, there was a spate of these off road excursions out of Park in that race over a short period of time, mainly by 'moderns' I hasten to add; that's why I had to include a couple of them!
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2758292)   #31
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for not putting my "off road excursions" up on the public domain

However, the photo of my metro that you have put up, has to be one of the best photos of the car, I've not seen a photo in this style of my car (from above, with a 3/4 view from the rear) (excuse my lack of photography terms there!!) If you have any more photos of the car from this weekend, would it be possible to email them to me?

Kind Regards

Chris Astley (Black Metro #16) (Metro Cup+60 minute enduro)
Old 13 Sep 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2758550)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hi, Chris, I'll take a look but give me a couple of days. In the meantime, PM with your email address, and I'll be in touch!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2758980)   #33
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Yes - there are to be a series of Sanction 2 cars. I believe that 3 have been ordered so far, one racer and 2 road cars. Rumour has it that the race car is for a certain Ian H.
So are they based on original sprite shells, rust 'n' all? Or a collection of Moss panels that were never a car? A few years back when people bought up old Heralds and put MGTF look-alike bodies on them they were called kit cars, now they're called valuable historic racers. Farce ain't it.

They'll have to run in the MG Trophy alongside current MGs rather than historics won't they? And doesn't it devalue the originals 'cos no-one can tell 'em apart from the copies.

Last edited by midgetman; 13 Sep 2010 at 21:46.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2759526)   #34
v8dave
Rookie

England
North of Watford
v8dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
So are they based on original sprite shells, rust 'n' all? Or a collection of Moss panels that were never a car? A few years back when people bought up old Heralds and put MGTF look-alike bodies on them they were called kit cars, now they're called valuable historic racers. Farce ain't it.

They'll have to run in the MG Trophy alongside current MGs rather than historics won't they? And doesn't it devalue the originals 'cos no-one can tell 'em apart from the copies.
If the new production are clearly and comprehensively marked as such then the value of the provinence ( spelling? ) of the original cars could be sustained - subject to market conditions. Back to the usual problem of when is a rebuild a new build?

Dave
Old 15 Sep 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2759966)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8dave View Post
.....Back to the usual problem of when is a rebuild a new build?
Dave
Good point. If you take a pre 65 car and have to rebuild it using panels, rather than junking it, apart from the chassis plate, and buying a replacement shell, all you are doing is doubling the build cost. Are you getting any more value from it though?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2760082)   #36
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good point. If you take a pre 65 car and have to rebuild it using panels, rather than junking it, apart from the chassis plate, and buying a replacement shell, all you are doing is doubling the build cost. Are you getting any more value from it though?
dunno Peter - what price a bit of authenticity?
A bit like trying to value a conscience.

just realised we are way off topic - how did we get here from Cadwell park?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 06:51 (Ref:2760187)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

sorry......
Old 16 Sep 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2760196)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
just realised we are way off topic - how did we get here from Cadwell park?
A couple of WSMs were there (see pics) and although off topic, it became a natural discussion point. I could easily split the posts off into a new thread but what should I call it?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2760499)   #39
v8dave
Rookie

England
North of Watford
v8dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
A couple of WSMs were there (see pics) and although off topic, it became a natural discussion point. I could easily split the posts off into a new thread but what should I call it?
John,

Leave it be, it's just one of those natural things...

Going off topic again !! Will you be visiting the MGCC season end meeting at Snetterton? First weekend in October.

Dave
Old 16 Sep 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2760576)   #40
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
It's certainly a possibility, Dave.