Old 11 Sep 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3134369)   #1
jamieshilling
Racer

England
Larkfield, Maidstone, Kent
jamieshilling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC at Brands Hatch Sunday 23rd September 2012

Hi,
Who is marshalling the HSCC meeting at Brands Hatch on Sunday 23rd September 2012? And if your attending, where abouts are you marshalling?
Old 11 Sep 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3134405)   #2
Calex
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
Calex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there all weekend as am doing the SEMSEC meeting on the Saturday As well

Don't know what post I'll be on till sign on, not that it matters, just looking forward to the nice cars that the HSCC race

See you on the camp site on Friday night if anyone else is doing the whole weekend
Old 11 Sep 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3134479)   #3
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am signed up for both the HSCC on the Sunday and the SEMSEC meeting on the Saturday, The HSCC meeting looks like a cracker. I do have the sr's from the HSCC already but I have had no communication whatsoever from SEMSEC, not even an acknowledgement of my availability form. A similar thing happened last time I volunteered for a SEMSEC meeting, towards the end of last year, I forget which meeting, never heard anything from them and in the end I went somewhere else for the day. Nice to be wanted. Anyway, before someone recommends that I contact such and such a person or I phone an office somewhere, the punch line is that I will save myself the stamp next time.
Having said that, there is still a week and a half to go....
Old 12 Sep 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3134759)   #4
Eljay
Rookie

England
Kent
Eljay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm at the HSCC meeting on the Sunday, ticket arrived yesterday, looking forward to it, the older cars somehow gives us more to do! See you there folks!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3134880)   #5
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at the HSCC meeting and the SEMSEC one too (if info arrives) ......

As for which post - as they all need doing I just go wherever I'm put on the day

See folks there

Dave
Old 13 Sep 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3135453)   #6
jamieshilling
Racer

England

i am no longer attending on the sunday but will be there for SEMSEC on saturday hope you all have fun on the sunday !
Old 14 Sep 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3136005)   #7
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve and Dave - just to let you know that I have both your names and addresses for the SEMSEC meeting. Tickets only arrived with me yesterday and I will be posting out over the weekend. (I do all the competitors and officials too). Look forward to seeing you both a week tomorrow.
Regards
Andy Stevens
SEMSEC
Competition Secretary
Old 14 Sep 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3136022)   #8
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Looking forward to it now!
Old 14 Sep 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3136100)   #9
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside Down Bug View Post
Hi Steve and Dave - just to let you know that I have both your names and addresses for the SEMSEC meeting. Tickets only arrived with me yesterday and I will be posting out over the weekend. (I do all the competitors and officials too). Look forward to seeing you both a week tomorrow.
Regards
Andy Stevens
SEMSEC
Competition Secretary
see you there
Old 15 Sep 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3136269)   #10
Garethmf
Rookie

Garethmf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a new marshal and sent of form for this last week but not heard yet if I'm doing it - may have been too late. If I'm not too late then hopefully will see some of you there ill be the one looking lost as its the first meeting I have done except the taster day so all help would be gratefully received
Old 17 Sep 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3137208)   #11
BIGPAUL
Racer

England
Braintree
BIGPAUL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you all on Sunday, not been out since end July and can not wait.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3137248)   #12
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethmf View Post
I am a new marshal and sent of form for this last week but not heard yet if I'm doing it - may have been too late. If I'm not too late then hopefully will see some of you there ill be the one looking lost as its the first meeting I have done except the taster day so all help would be gratefully received
Send me a PM and I will check to see whether you are on the list. Please make sure you give me your address as well in case I need to get Mildred to send you a ticket, etc.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3139712)   #13
jamieshilling
Racer

England
Quote:
are you coming sunday? and are you out on post or in assembly?
Old 23 Sep 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3140487)   #14
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
What a good weekend!
Semsec sprint was interesting, certainly made a change from the normal format, nice weather and everybody won something in the raffle.
HSCC race was, well, wet. In fact it looked at one point like an early bath (excuse the pun) but everyone soldiered on an produced some cracking racing and a Lotus Europa won a race. Good Stuff!
Both days the racing was as clean as a cats bum with a good selection of cars. Can't wait for next time and I would certainly recommend a semsec sprint/race combo to anyone.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3140541)   #15
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play to you boys and girls for braving it out there today. Hope you're all safely home and warmed up now. Did get properly wet... as you can just about see in this photo:

Old 23 Sep 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3140569)   #16
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
Well .....

WET

VERY, VERY WET

So thanks to the guys on P7 today for all their work and the good spirits in the face of the weather today.

Thanks to the drivers for some good racing even in those conditions.

I will also add a thanks to the team on P7 on Saturday for the SEMSEC meeting for a great day.

Off on tour to Croft, Castle Combe and Thruxton to pass the time before the masses arrive at Brands for the bumper cars.

See folks around

Dave
Old 24 Sep 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3140766)   #17
Garethmf
Rookie

Garethmf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first meeting since the taster day. Got very very wet and a bit cold toward the end of the day but still had a good day and enjoyed it. Thanks to roger matt michael katie and steve for makin me feel so welcome and helping me out all day lookin forward to the next one now let's hope the weather is a bit better. See you all soon
Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3140844)   #18
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of the HSCC, the Clerking and Race Control team, and - of course - Mildred and myself, a big big thanks to all of you for your help yesterday in some of the most appalling conditions seen at Brands for many a year. Going back a decade or so, there is no doubt in my mind that the meeting would have been abandoned, but thanks to drainage improvements at the circuit, the hard work of the duty BH track maintenance team, and to your assistance and fortitude, the meeting restarted and (with some re-jigging of the programme) all races were completed. Hope by now you have all dried out.

Peter Scillitoe
Chief Observer
Old 24 Sep 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3140914)   #19
jamieshilling
Racer

England
may of been a very wet day but it was a fun and entertaining day hope both drivers are ok that were involved in that accident that caused the red flag.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3140952)   #20
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az View Post
Fair play to you boys and girls for braving it out there today. Hope you're all safely home and warmed up now. Did get properly wet... as you can just about see in this photo:
That's me in the Formula Ford Dinghy !
Appreciation and respect to all post Marshalls and officials for what must have been absolutely miserable standing out there, much of it waiting for the eye of the storm to pass over. At one point I only sensed I was going off line at the end of the pit straight as I could see orange jackets starting to shuffle backwards, but still couldn't see where the turn point for PH Bend was. See the post on the Historic forum for my on-board camera shots.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3141686)   #21
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My first meeting since the taster day. Got very very wet and a bit cold toward the end of the day but still had a good day and enjoyed it. Thanks to roger matt michael katie and steve for makin me feel so welcome and helping me out all day lookin forward to the next one now let's hope the weather is a bit better. See you all soon
Glad you still enjoyed yourself Gareth. Lots of marshals throughout the country got very wet and a bit cold, I was at Silverstone. Just one of those days. You just have to make sure you've got good waterproofs and plenty of layers.