Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Oct 2020, 23:54 (Ref:4013972)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would really be farcical for all concerned if it were to end this way
Old 30 Oct 2020, 23:54 (Ref:4013973)   #27
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Event to be cancelled? New national lockdown is set to be announced on Monday, it’s all over Saturdays papers, all over social media from journalists.

No. It's elite sport so will continue. As will the Premier League and similar competitions.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 00:03 (Ref:4013976)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i’ve genuinely run out of things to cross and sacrifice already. here’s hoping there’s a way they can go ahead with british gt this time next week too.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 00:32 (Ref:4013979)   #29
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say British GT is far more threatened.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 07:18 (Ref:4013997)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It would really be farcical for all concerned if it were to end this way
"2020:The Year of the Asterix"
Old 31 Oct 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4014015)   #31
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's a shame they got rid of the Forever Forward award as there would have been a clear winner. This year everyone was overtaken by events.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4014037)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
"2020:The Year of the Asterix"

I thought it was supposed to the year of hindsight. Well it has been that way for a lot of world leaders
Old 31 Oct 2020, 12:13 (Ref:4014045)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don’t blame this on the government.

blame it on the tens of thousands of people who are catching it since we’ve had firm, scientifically proven guidance about how to avoid spreading it. they are solely responsible for this mess.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 12:20 (Ref:4014046)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought it was supposed to the year of hindsight. Well it has been that way for a lot of world leaders
??? What are you referring to here?
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4014073)   #35
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
don’t blame this on the government.

blame it on the tens of thousands of people who are catching it since we’ve had firm, scientifically proven guidance about how to avoid spreading it. they are solely responsible for this mess.
Very true. I work in Public Health and this is exactly what we are seeing. Infection spread running riot in the community and many workplaces doing a damn good job with those basic but effective Covidsafe controls.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:39 (Ref:4014075)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
??? What are you referring to here?

It’s a joke
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4014080)   #37
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought it was supposed to the year of hindsight.
I think you have to wait until next year to call it that.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4014081)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It’s a joke
About what?
Old 31 Oct 2020, 16:06 (Ref:4014090)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

No point explaining it if you don’t get it
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4014142)   #40
Millvi
Racer

What are the support races planned for Brands Hatch Indy do we know? Could some be cut to vastly reduced the number of people there? When the classic minis are there the numbers shoot up of friends, family, team etc.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4014143)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's the quaife minis, big and junior ginettas and porsches. so standard. no need to cut numbers there - we're already operating at reduced numbers and unlike touring cars, we can't invite guests, just essential staff.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:13 (Ref:4014144)   #42
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
it's the quaife minis, big and junior ginettas and porsches. so standard. no need to cut numbers there - we're already operating at reduced numbers and unlike touring cars, we can't invite guests, just essential staff.
I thought you’d know! Thanks for the speedy reply.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4014145)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
I thought you’d know! Thanks for the speedy reply.
what can i say, it's one of those "furiously refreshing the internet" nights

at the moment it's good that we didn't have the finale this weekend because the weather is due to kick off overnight...

oh! i forgot f4. easily done...
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:37 (Ref:4014148)   #44
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting to miss Plato
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:41 (Ref:4014149)   #45
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
what can i say, it's one of those "furiously refreshing the internet" nights

at the moment it's good that we didn't have the finale this weekend because the weather is due to kick off overnight...

oh! i forgot f4. easily done...
👍🏼✅😊
Old 31 Oct 2020, 20:48 (Ref:4014151)   #46
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we've been really lucky with the supports this year, with some healthy sized grids (apart from F4, as usual...)

The one I've been most disappointed with is the MINIs. It feels like half the rounds haven't been on the TOCA package, and when they have been, I think we've only really seen one of the races. So it's been hard to follow and really I have no idea who to look out for going into the final round.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 21:01 (Ref:4014152)   #47
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I think we've been really lucky with the supports this year, with some healthy sized grids (apart from F4, as usual...)

The one I've been most disappointed with is the MINIs. It feels like half the rounds haven't been on the TOCA package, and when they have been, I think we've only really seen one of the races. So it's been hard to follow and really I have no idea who to look out for going into the final round.
in a rare bit of intelligence in this industry, the organisers of the big mini championship cut the number of rounds to keep it affordable (and manageable in terms of workload) for the competitors. the grid is huge, and being sensible meant that most of them stayed around even though they couldn't offer their sponsors any real value.

it's been an interesting year from what i've seen. pretty sure harrison is going to win it, everyone chasing him has had too many crap races. but it's still all to play for, there's some dropped scores nonsense to take into account yet.

heard a rumour f4 and brdc f3 might merge for next season which would be the sensible choice. but we all know the rules about motorsport being sensible.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4014153)   #48
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
MSUK consulting with DCMS and will make a statement on motor sport events currently planned on Monday.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 31 Oct 2020, 21:21 (Ref:4014156)   #49
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

I think the one that's been most difficult to follow is the Ginetta Juniors, as they seem to have had so many of their races on Saturdays.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 21:22 (Ref:4014157)   #50
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
MSUK consulting with DCMS and will make a statement on motor sport events currently planned on Monday.
just a hunch but i’d imagine they’re going to be talking about british gt more than btcc. i think the latter is reasonably safe