Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 May 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1604628)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
BTCC (& Cupras) Spotters Guide - 2006 Series

Having trouble working out who's who in this years British Touring Car Championship and the SEAT Cupra Championship???

Ten-Tenths, SEATCupra.net and Andy Blackmore Design can now bring you a new A4 Spotters guide for the 2006 season featuring the BTCC and SEAT Cupra Championship grid in full colour. Each car (including cars yet to be raced) are shown with driver, team and sponsor details.

We will update any significant changes throughout the season as drivers and teams come and go, so make sure you bookmark this page and check for an update before you set off to the track,,, or your armchair.

Hot off the press, is the livery for the Xero Competition Lexus. Xero were kind enough to describe it today.

You need Adobe Acrobat to view the spotters guide and its 4.4Mb

Link: Spotters Guide PDF

Special thanks to everyone who helped with this including SEATCupra.net, Ten-Tenths.com, Paul Evans, SEAT Sport UK, In-Front Motorsport, Xero Competition, Peter Still,Neil Adams, Marc Waller, Alan Hyde and Matt James @ Tin Top Tuesday!

Andy

Thanks to the Admin team for supporting this and allowing this freebie to reach a wider audience

Last edited by andy_b; 9 May 2006 at 21:45.
Old 11 May 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1605994)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
There were a couple of small errors on the spotters guide, nothing major, so a new updated guide is now online

I believe one of the Cupra's will be sporting a new livery at Oulton Park too, so I'll probably do an update for the next round (and tighten up the Lexus livery)
Old 4 Jun 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1627158)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
just a head's up. The next update to the spotters guide will be at croft where a few small livery updates will be made to the BTCC. Hopefully there will be at least one more entry and maybe a second. Time will tell

There are also a few little changes to the SCC including Taylor being replaced by Carter. I've been advised that the Churchill bros will return, so unless I hear anything different, they will be staying on the sheet. Just need to find some SCC piccys now (if anyone has any pics of Carter- fire them my way)

So, this will be up by the Tuesday before Croft at the latest!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1652792)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Updated for Croft with the two next BTCC entries!

http://www.seatcupra.net/seat_sport/...e_returns.html

As mentioned in the article, a couple of people have requested an A3 version.... its in vector format, so it will scale correctly and you should be able to print A3 (or even better) with no real loss of resolution.

Thanks all and extra thanks to Mike Hoyer and Alfa Fan who came to the rescue for V2.

Andy

(ps: it loooks like Ferrier has pulled out of SCC,,,but I dont have time to update it for now)
Old 12 Jul 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1654291)   #5
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There's a picture of Richard Marsh's Peugeot 307s livery in Motorsport News today.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1654362)   #6
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Apologies for this being so crappy - but here's a scan of the picture.

http://www.motorsportmediamulti.com/marsh307.jpg
Old 12 Jul 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1654766)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
hee hee, thats my artwork so dont need the scan, but thanks

I was under the impression that it wouldn't be released until after the Croft round, so it was held off the Croft round. It will be part of the Donington update.

(06 isnt the race number by the way)
Old 12 Jul 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1654772)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
(06 isnt the race number by the way)
Yeah, I know. Its not even a valid number for use in the BTCC AFAIK
Old 13 Jul 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1655509)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Assuming Andy left a gap in the latest guide for a reason, I'm predicting a race number between 82 and 90.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1655510)   #10
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I'd presumed the gap was just aesthetics?
Old 13 Jul 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1655517)   #11
Alfa Fan
Veteran

The number is lower than 40

http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com...14#post2020814
Old 13 Jul 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1655606)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yes, it was asthetics as it was an odd number of entries. Much lower than 40 btw.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1655611)   #13
Alfa Fan
Veteran

That rather narrows it down, you might as well tell us, I'd like to know for the purposes of a document I'm putting together for Donny.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1655653)   #14
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you going to add all the drivers' numbers together to give us one big number and then tell us that's how long the world has left before it ends?
Old 14 Jul 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1656119)   #15
Alfa Fan
Veteran

No, although I could do if you want?
Old 14 Jul 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1656318)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's 621
Old 14 Jul 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1656448)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks.

<makes note on calendar>
Old 23 Jul 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1662904)   #18
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Next update will be online in the next day or so for Donington. I've sent this to the guys at SCN now as I'm flying back to the UK later.

You will be able to download it from here :- http://www.seatcupra.net/seat_sport/...e_returns.html

(Don't use the link on the first post as that goes direct to the original pdf.)

Main changes are the inclusion of Richard Marsh's 307 (with a new main sponsor if you hadn't already see it), livery changes to Eoin Murray's quick Alfa and the removal of Tom Ferrier from the SCC. I left Proctor on the list as I didnt get confirmaton that he has pulled out.

Any new updates will only happen for new entries.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1662966)   #19
ZBOYD
Rookie

England
Manchester
ZBOYD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
File updated. Andy the link in the original post is overwritten everytime, so even if folks use the link in the first post of this thread, they still get the latest version.

File size is a bit bigger due to the unavoidable inclusion of a high res jpeg, so the file now weighs in at 6.5mb, still not too prohibitive.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1662968)   #20
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Marsh is #16
Old 25 Jul 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1663780)   #21
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Any new updates will only happen for new entries.
I'm sure as andy is a massive SEAT fan he'll know this, but here's Andrew Jordan's livery for the car he'll be racing in from Snetterton:

Last edited by cos; 25 Jul 2006 at 00:38.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1664488)   #22
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeah, heard on the grapevine about it just after I left Canada, so I'm not able to update the guide now. Will do for the next round though.

....bugger, I was hoping for some time off from that
Old 26 Jul 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1665203)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice livery that of Jordans.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1667724)   #24
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Having trouble working out who's who in this years British Touring Car Championship and the SEAT Cupra Championship???
No danger of helping us poor folks out with which of the fliippin Spanish Armada is which in the WTCC, I suppose... what with them, the trio of identical Alfas, three indecipherable Chevys, lord knows how many Bee-Ems with "flame-surfacing" stripes etc etc etc, it's guesswork all the way...

OOPS... gave away a trade secret there...
Old 30 Jul 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1667729)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They've all got numbers on the doors and names written on the windows More than you get in F1.

I think I've got the Seat's sponsor strips nailed down now...

Telefonica Green - Tarquini
Red Bull Red - Gené
Brute Black - Muller
Angelic White - Thompson
Bruised Blue - Rydell
Girly Yellow - Terting