Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 May 2002, 09:05 (Ref:279240)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
two things

no-one seems to have started this thread on this board, so...

what did the people that went think of the circuit changes?

and did anyone see chad?

i liked it....and i didn't see him are my answers.
Old 7 May 2002, 09:30 (Ref:279257)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunatly I didn't go (although the tickets for June arrived on Friday!), but I listened to a lot of it on Radio Le Mans

Johnny Herbert said that the new section wasn't difficult to get used to.
Old 7 May 2002, 16:50 (Ref:279575)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps Chad was trying to avoid any premature "woz 'ere" jokes.......
Old 7 May 2002, 17:01 (Ref:279582)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ayse

whos he supposed to be driving for at the main event?
Old 7 May 2002, 17:32 (Ref:279618)   #5
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Chad is in the Freisinger Porsche.
AS far as the new bit is concerned,it makes a superb viewing area.Remind me a bit of the Craner Curves at Donnington but there again I am Welsh
cheers

PM
Old 7 May 2002, 17:48 (Ref:279625)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no doubt that the new area is great for spectators. The drivers seem to have mixed opinions, the old hands less happy than then new boys.

It's a shame that the ACO don't improve the viewing area at Indianapolis which has great potential but which hasn't been realised.

FG
Old 7 May 2002, 18:50 (Ref:279677)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The viewing at Indianapolis has been comprimised by the extended run-off. you can't get as near to the approach.

One (the?) of my best motor racing experiences was at aboutr 1am ish, in the wet watching the cars comping through the trees and then through Indianapolis below me. Fantastic. JJ Lehto's McLaren was fantastic - so much quicker than any of the others.
Old 8 May 2002, 08:44 (Ref:280029)   #8
kdr
Veteran

pm

thanks...he wasn't on the official list so i assume his broken arm/leg(?)hasn't healed yet.

new curve reminds me of the corkscrew at laguna seca...on steroids. but i am scottish.

kdr
Old 8 May 2002, 08:54 (Ref:280036)   #9
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
The viewing at Indianapolis has been comprimised by the extended run-off. you can't get as near to the approach.
This is indeed the case, and I don't entirely understand why the ACO have put the fence where they have. If it were a few metres further on and the mound were a bit higher it would be so much better. Is it safety? Is it that the ACO don't want camera flashes going off in the driver's eyes?

If you get right in the angle of the fench you can see the cars come down from Mulsanne, round the right hander before Indianapolis, sadly they then disappear behind the fence to reappear as they exit and go down towards Arnage. There is about enough space for 3 people to enjoy this view. A real missed oportunity.

FG
Old 8 May 2002, 10:34 (Ref:280108)   #10
kdr
Veteran

i think at some point the aco are going to have to reassess the various vantage points. the new curve for instance is crying out for some sort of elevated viewing(other than that earthy mound)at the inside at the bottom.
Old 8 May 2002, 10:55 (Ref:280133)   #11
Julien
Rookie

Julien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 8 May 2002, 11:09 (Ref:280152)   #12
Julien
Rookie

Julien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry my English is too poor
J'étais aux essais: la nouvelle section est interressante, on voit bien tout l'ensemble et notamment lorsque les voitures sont chahutées dans le creux. Il reste un endroit où l'on est assez près de la piste. Sinon je suis surpris qu'ils n'aient pas mis de vibreur Ã* gauche de la piste Ã* la sortie du Dunlop les voitures avaient tendance Ã* mordre la poussière Ã* cet endroit, la Dome a meme fait un embardée
Malheureusement la fete foraine a disparu (temporairement je suppose), probablement pour laisser de la place lors des travaux.
Julien
Old 8 May 2002, 11:34 (Ref:280198)   #13
FG1
Veteran

My best translation of what Julien says is

--------------
I was at PQ: The new section is interesting; you can see the whole thing particularly as the cars roar through the dip. It is still a place where you can get quite close to the track. Otherwise I am surprised that they have not put a rumble strip on the left of the track at the exit of Dunlop where the cars tend to go into the dust at that point, the Dome swerved (went off?) there.

Sadly the funfair has disappeared (temporarily I suppose), probably to leave space for the works.
-------------------

Any corrections welcome!

FG

Last edited by FG1; 8 May 2002 at 11:41.
Old 8 May 2002, 12:49 (Ref:280271)   #14
kdr
Veteran

fg

didn't someone post that the funfair was on the inside of the circuit for the 24 hour bikes?

ps - my work email won't let me send to hotmail, but many thanks again for the directions. beyond perfect.

kdr
Old 8 May 2002, 13:09 (Ref:280289)   #15
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fg

didn't someone post that the funfair was on the inside of the circuit for the 24 hour bikes?
kdr
I think that was someone either at the bike 24hrs or watching it on TV. Perhaps PM as he has eagle eyes for that sort of thing.

There was no funfair at PQ, but I expect something will be there for the race.

Glad the directions helped.

FG
Old 8 May 2002, 14:44 (Ref:280337)   #16
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the fair be by the dunlop bridge??? You know the big flat area on the outside where Marlboro had the big stage a couple of years ago. It's tended to move more and more that way over the last few years
Old 8 May 2002, 18:27 (Ref:280492)   #17
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FG remembers correctly that it was I that spotted the fair on the other side of the Dunlop Bridge at the bike race.
PM