Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 12 Nov 2003, 13:55 (Ref:781041)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mallory Park on track pictures.

As it seems to be a particular favourite around here and easy to get to a track/test day there I thought I'd post some photos of a recent day I sepnt there.

http://www.adamashmore.co.uk/race200...ery/index.html

A fun circuit. Easy to get to grips with, but challenging nonetheless.

It was on the normal circuit, not the new for 2003 extra chicaned one.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:47 (Ref:781774)   #2
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting angles with the camera there, Adam.

Who were the organisers? Any chance for a total of your costs for the day for anyone thinking about 2004?

Thanks.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 09:23 (Ref:781805)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the organisers were the Jaguar Enthusiats Club. It is a sort of get together for Jaguar owners, a lot of which seem to have racers. Which you probably guessed by a lot of the pictures showing Jags!

Others did turn up, but I guess they are in the JEC. There was an Imp, an Elise, amongst others.

Prices? Well most of the things apply for any track day so I'll have a stab.

Entry fee: £110 Members, £135 Non-Members. £25 extra for each driver sharing a car, £10 per passenger.

That is pretty good. It was a full days running. Great fun.

Petrol, was the next expense. Tried not to think about it! Probably inthe region of £70-80. We got a lot of running in. I think I alone did 75.

Consumables? Well this is always hard to judge.

Brake pads. Well we used up some part worn ones from the season. Mallory had surprisingly low were. We run some decent pads. Say £30.

Tyres? Well, I don't know. Say we wiped a 1 or 2 mm off them? (totally random guess). We run P6000, although we had a cheap (£0) supply because we didn't use new tyres. If you were buying, what is that? £30 worth of use?????? Considering the price of a brand new full set of 16" 225 P6000s.

On tyres, it is worth remembering that a part worn set is best. You can ruin a new set of road tyres. They have too much tread, which gets hot and distorted. Perhaps it is a way to finish off your tyres.

Of course our car can take this kind of action. Easily. We have never had a problem with running many laps at track days. Although many others had problems. A road car might not take the punishment so easily, so be careful.

Cooking your brakes might not be best for them. Could need new to replace the fluid at least, these things can add up.

However don't want to end on that note:

It was great fun! Loved every minute of it. Playing with the throttle in Gerards. Really attacking the following right-left. And getting the hairpin right, or, sometimes, booting it
Old 14 Nov 2003, 15:49 (Ref:783354)   #4
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll add some pictures of myself and an in-car video at Mallory last weekend.

Mallory Park

This event was organised through SELOC which is a Lotus Enthusiasts club. The day cost approx £90. Due to damp weather in the morning it stayed in sessions most of the day, but normally we do sessions to start and move to open pitlane.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 16 Nov 2003, 17:34 (Ref:785088)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is a good plan. If a track day is a whole day the entry does thin out as the day goes on. People rest there cars, get bored, etc...
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:01 (Ref:785101)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a marshals perspective this is an eye opener, its the first time that I've appreciated how out of line of sight some flag positions are and how little time you have to see those that are in good positions.

Adam/M Coupe could I suggest that your stills/video be put in the Marshals Forum as it is good education.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:05 (Ref:785103)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good idea Chigley, perhaps on marshalspost.com

I have some video too, but I've not uploaded them yet...

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Nov 2003 at 18:05.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:35 (Ref:785121)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good pictures M Coupe, did you have a good turn out?
Oh and nice catch!

I've put some on track pictures on marshalspost.

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Nov 2003 at 18:42.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:38 (Ref:785122)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chigley
From a marshals perspective this is an eye opener, its the first time that I've appreciated how out of line of sight some flag positions are and how little time you have to see those that are in good positions.

Adam/M Coupe could I suggest that your stills/video be put in the Marshals Forum as it is good education.
i would love that video taken again with every post displaying a stionary yellow flag!! Then let's nail, or not, the drivers for missing them!!

What a great video!!!!

Thx
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:44 (Ref:785128)   #10
M Coupe
Racer

Adam we had approx 48 cars there split into 3 groups of 16, which was just the right amount.

Silverstone GP tomorrow

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:46 (Ref:785130)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Excellent, will we see more pics? Is it another Lotus Enthusiasts club day?

Enjoy
Old 16 Nov 2003, 18:51 (Ref:785131)   #12
M Coupe
Racer

It is another SELOC day, we are taking up 2 of the 3 sessions, so approx 30 cars on track at one time, but it's big and wide so should be fun.

There will be a video lap, if I get time tomorrow night otherwise in a couple of weeks as I'm off to Japan on Tuesday.

BTW a list of all my video laps are HERE

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 16 Nov 2003, 21:22 (Ref:785216)   #13
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by M Coupe
BTW a list of all my video laps are HERE
i would love that video taken again with every post displaying a stionary yellow flag!!

Again, great video, wonderful to see.

Just a shame that none of us "Orange" bods are around during the filming.
But let's do it again with some flags on display, as a training video both for drivers and marshals.