Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Aug 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3995263)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I hope next yer will be back to some sort of normal but the way things are going i am not sure it will be, but ever hopeful rally cross is back at lyden hill this month with spectators and Chris Hoy competing so some signs of hope
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3995532)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Niche ferry crossing question but does anyone know if Brittany Ferries are running less crossings out of Portsmouth next year?

I'm trying to amend my booking but our usual Tuesday morning service isn't there and only looks like one crossing a week next June?
Old 15 Aug 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3995540)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think it is still early i know eurotunnel have only just put June 2021 up on the website, but have not have any experience with ferries for many years
Old 15 Aug 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3995609)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only looked for my equivalent crossings on Brittany and they were there....
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3996377)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well very happy today as the ACO have confirmed that my camping and race tickets will be ok for next year, i will get a credit note just like everyone else but they have confirmed that (as a special service for us) the credit note will be converted into the same tickets for next year. That is the earliest i have sorted tickets ever. Now just need to get the rest of our groups tickets sorted once the aco opens the 2021 tickets site.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:18 (Ref:3996379)   #31
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well very happy today as the ACO have confirmed that my camping and race tickets will be ok for next year, i will get a credit note just like everyone else but they have confirmed that (as a special service for us) the credit note will be converted into the same tickets for next year. That is the earliest i have sorted tickets ever. Now just need to get the rest of our groups tickets sorted once the aco opens the 2021 tickets site.
How did ou do that? That's what I would like.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3996382)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ah, I just wrote about this in the other thread. That's good news.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3996388)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure they will do it for everyone, obviously as the tourist office messed up my allocation this year i had to contact the ACO direct to get a special Tertre Rouge ticket issued using Kevin's disability as a trump card, he is happy to do that but still always pays for his entry ticket dispite being entitled to free ones, (as he says he is disabled not poor). Not sure the ACO will be able to do the same for everyone, and suspect social distancing might be in place to some extent next year so ticket allocations might be lower next year anyway.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 10:02 (Ref:3996392)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My T17 ticket is currently on credit note but if I don't ask for a refund by May I get a 2021 ticket.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3996405)   #35
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
1st Tickets have transferred my booking to next year, so subject to allocations etc I'm planning on being there in June.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3996430)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
From what i understand from the message i got from the ACO they will issue a credit note for the value of your booking with them, which you can then use against the cost of your 2021 booking, but no immediate entitlement to the exact tickets you had.This is as i said probably due to unknown social distancing rules likely to be in place at the time and therefore unknown levels of ticket availability. Only my understanding but it does make some sense in view of what is happening. Agencies probably have some guarantees from the ACO of the level of tickets they will get.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:13 (Ref:3996456)   #37
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The earliest I have booked tickets was in the days of yore when Nadine was running shop at the TT. Monday after the race I sent her a mail, she confirmed and presto, in november my credit card was charged and I got tickets of my choice for next year's race.
Old 19 Aug 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3996459)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep Nadine was a gem
Old 20 Sep 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4005090)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to update, the date has been confirmed by the WMC.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 18:23 (Ref:4005135)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Dates yes but suspect 2021 will not be back to pre covid normal. RLM were talking about it and i suspect camping sites will be forced to increasing pitch sizes to allow social distancing, which will of course reduce number of tickets available.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 05:54 (Ref:4005245)   #41
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am in turmoil.

50% of me thinks "hurrah! can't wait to get back to LM in June, it's only 9 months away!"

The other 50% thinks "it's only 9 months away, nothing will have improved by then, it'll be behind closed doors again, or international travel will be discouraged next Summer, etc"

Hopefully the Best Case Scenario is somewhere between the two (run in September again with a smaller crowd).
Old 21 Sep 2020, 07:32 (Ref:4005263)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I feel the same. I'm sitting here thinking that surely we can get this situation sorted out by next June, but then I'd hoped it would be sorted by this September. Who knows. After a Le Mans at home, I have to remain optmistic....
Old 21 Sep 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4005280)   #43
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It was the 24hrs but not as we know it..

Good food, good company, comfort and a hot shower, yet....

I would rather be there than a few hundred miles away.

I know that Toyota can't be blamed - but there just seems to be no credible answer right now to what they are doing. I remember the years when Toyota threw the kitchen sink at Le Mans and came away with nothing, but right now the ACO need to persuade more big teams (be they manufacturers or others) to come and get involved. I know the race isn't all about the top class, but there should be some chance that the top step of the overall win won't be a foregone conclusion.

LMP2, there were too many entrants here, but then again the lack of numbers in LMP1 dictated that. I guess there was a slim possibility that the battle was going to go down to the wire, but that didn't transpire either.

GTE Pro - okay so those numbers should have been bolstered by stateside teams and marques..

This years race just didn't do it for me.

I just hope the entry list for 2021 has more variation in numbers and no last minute cancellations - Ginetta!!

I know 2022 should be a feast, but will 2021 be another light year?

I'm not so convinced by the make up of the LMP2 regulations either.. I know why they exist as they are, but they just seem to remove an element from that classification.

Anyway!! Just hope that the race is permitted to go ahead next year and we can go along and enjoy it.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4005297)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think we can be pretty certain it will be on but in what format the attendance will take is very much in the balance, hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world descending on one place for a week in close proximity sounds a little unlikely at the moment, but i am confident that spectators will be back in some form and that i will be one of them
Old 21 Sep 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4005337)   #45
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think we can be pretty certain it will be on but in what format the attendance will take is very much in the balance, hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world descending on one place for a week in close proximity sounds a little unlikely at the moment, but i am confident that spectators will be back in some form and that i will be one of them
yep - still too early to say what it will be like..

I too hope to be one of those spectators!
Old 21 Sep 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4005366)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
just heard from the tourist office that they will let me know when tickets for 2021 will be available, she said it is unlikely to be October this year as know one knows what is happening.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:03 (Ref:4005545)   #47
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accommodation just booked Tickets are still valid from this year
let's stay optimistic. The show must go on!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4005596)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Accommodation just booked Tickets are still valid from this year
let's stay optimistic. The show must go on!
The order is valid, but as I understand it, most people will have to reapply for their allocation if they bought direct from the ACO. (Could be wrong....).
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4005600)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes that is what the ACO told me. The value of you refund will be taken of the 2021 purchase so might be more to pay as well, even if you get the same tickets
Old 22 Sep 2020, 19:43 (Ref:4005692)   #50
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Same. I have a credit note to the value of my 2020 tickets. I do not have tickets for 2021, I have to buy those when they go on sale (and as GT6 says, no guarantee that the credit note will cover the full price of the 2021 tickets).