Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2002, 16:36 (Ref:291644)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DON'T let it rest!

I don't know about yuns, but I just can't get enough of the threads about the 'move over'.
Old 21 May 2002, 21:24 (Ref:291911)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well its important that people continue to put pressure on the FIA to ensure they take a hard line with Ferrari.
Old 22 May 2002, 11:02 (Ref:292391)   #3
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Please can't we talk about something else?
Old 22 May 2002, 11:17 (Ref:292410)   #4
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I'll second that. The subject has been exhausted.
Old 22 May 2002, 11:21 (Ref:292415)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be an item of interest until the FIA have made their decision. Those who tune in to Monaco will hear endless talk about the subject and the entire race will be ruined by speculation as to whether Ferrari will rig this one too, as they said they would.

Sorry to say, you can't cram this many worms back into the can at this stage of the game.

Individual letters to the FIA are no doubt a good idea. Write to Max and Bernie urging them to take meaningful action.
Old 22 May 2002, 13:03 (Ref:292551)   #6
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Even ABC, who will broadcast Monaco on Sunday, was running little leaders on the affair last Sunday. They appeared during the time trials at Indianapolis explaning and showing how Rubens had pulled over and Michael had shoved him up onto the podium in exchange.
Old 22 May 2002, 13:50 (Ref:292600)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't let it rest... let's see

Monaco :

Barrichello donimates the trainings,
Barrichello makes the pole,
Barrichello is the fastest in the warm-up,
Barrichello leads the race from the start until 7 laps left to the finish, he starts to slow down, and TGF closes the gap. In the last lap, Barrichello enters the tunnell with TGF right behind, at the end of the straight TGF passes.
Another win for TGF.
Old 22 May 2002, 14:07 (Ref:292609)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No way should anyone let this rest. The only ones who want it gone are teh embarressed TGF and Ferrari supporters who still think it was the right thing to do.
Old 22 May 2002, 14:30 (Ref:292619)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
No way should anyone let this rest. The only ones who want it gone are teh embarressed TGF and Ferrari supporters who still think it was the right thing to do.
Erm I'm one of those and I don't think it was right. VERY few people believe it was right, the people of Maranello are angry too.
Old 22 May 2002, 15:17 (Ref:292672)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's playing into the FIA's hands already.. They've left it to June 26th so that (as in this thread) people will want to move on.

This then gives the FIA the opportunity to quietly give Ferrari a slap on the wrist whilst no-one is looking and that's that..

We can't let this happen!!
Old 22 May 2002, 15:27 (Ref:292684)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
It's playing into the FIA's hands already.. They've left it to June 26th so that (as in this thread) people will want to move on.

exactly......they should have got it sorted last weekend, then we could have spent this last week argueing about the out come!!
Old 22 May 2002, 21:40 (Ref:292980)   #12
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the FIA let Ferrari off for Austria, then F1 will not be worth watching anymore, or at least until MS retires.

Come on FIA, the whole of F1 is riding on the June 26th decision!!!!!! You can't make money without fans!!!!!!
Old 23 May 2002, 01:37 (Ref:293118)   #13
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually if everyone that didn't approve of the team orders at the A1 ring, still watch the Monaco Grand Prix.... "just to see what happens", they can make a lot of money.
Old 23 May 2002, 03:42 (Ref:293151)   #14
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
posted by bononi:

Quote:
Monaco :

Barrichello donimates the trainings,
Barrichello makes the pole,
Barrichello is the fastest in the warm-up,
Barrichello leads the race from the start until 7 laps left to the finish, he starts to slow down, and TGF closes the gap. In the last lap, Barrichello enters the tunnell with TGF right behind, at the end of the straight TGF passes.
Another win for TGF
you know what, I will just make one change. This time around there wouldnt be a need for Rubens to give way...

Barrichello leads the race from the start until 7 laps left to the finish as suddenly his cars starts losing revs. In the last lap, Barrichello enters the tunnell with TGF right behind, at the end of the straight suddenly his engine blows up and TGF passes to win the race.... The 'Blow Rubens Engine' button will definitely be pressed by Ross Brawn this time.

Last edited by freud; 23 May 2002 at 03:42.
Old 23 May 2002, 23:48 (Ref:294218)   #15
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I wonder what the odds are that the FIA is going to do anything significant? And even if they do, RB will make sure RB is more discreet. $$$$$$
Old 24 May 2002, 02:58 (Ref:294298)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe not, though. Do you think that public display (with 8 laps to think about it) in Austria was not a deliberate decision by Rubens to make sure there was enough humiliation go to around this time? Do you not think he goes to bed at night now with a great big grin on his face and dreams of 100,000,000 people jeering and booing at his teammate?

Rubens is a lot of things. But I don't think he's stupid.
Old 24 May 2002, 03:07 (Ref:294300)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
We can go on and on and on - round and round in circles. Blessed are those who run around in circles, for they shall become big wheels

The only thing Ferrari did wrong in Austria (according to the rules) was mess up the podium celebration. And nobody is going to get any points deducted for that.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 24 May 2002, 12:19 (Ref:294790)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yesterday was RB's birthday and his father too.

He spoke to the TV, and in his own words got things straight:

"It was my mistake in the past, trying to hide the truth. I was just trying to make the brazilians happy... now I must make clear once and for all. I am the number two at the team, I'm here to help Michael and the team, and I'll make what they want me to do in any situation."

The things you do for money...
Old 24 May 2002, 16:18 (Ref:295137)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Well at least he's honest about it now. Didn't we have more respect for Eddie when he said "Yes, I am Michael's and I do it for the money"?

And doesn't that also add one more slap to the face of his so-called "superior" teammate that yet another No. 2 says "He is riding on my back"?
Old 24 May 2002, 17:05 (Ref:295171)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yup - at least he's admitted it and is open about it. I'll give him that. <sigh> Maybe Massa will be the great champion that Brazil wants...