Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2305578)   #276
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Delta, in the shopping centre most of the drivers for Barry's race started to arrange themselves in what we thought would be near enough grid order ready to be lined up. Then they opened the gate and just called everyone onto the track in no particular order at all so it all went a bit pear shaped at the end.
Ah Ha
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2305579)   #277
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tim that wasn't the end, it was Eau Rouge!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2305585)   #278
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Tim that wasn't the end, it was Eau Rouge!

Theres always one Tim,the rest of us knew what you meant though

Post Spa update,New cam ordered today,Head is going to be replaced along with the carb.Sorting suspension out/updating,testing asap.[Second thought,better buy a new fan belt!!]

Last edited by terence; 6 Oct 2008 at 19:33.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2305590)   #279
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Terry, I'm on my third glass of Canadian Club at the moment so I'm ignoring him.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2305592)   #280
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Terry, I'm on my third glass of Canadian Club at the moment so I'm ignoring him.

Where is it you live?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2305600)   #281
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Was it totally a Marshals problem.?The torch and the window incident
Don't know, I only know that all involved were getting a bit silly. Marshals going beserk, Racecontrol the same, according to the radiomessages even driver and mechanics were getting iffy.
I was on the far side of the track, shaking my head in disbelief. I honesty thought I was at a nice race event, having some fun.
Why are there always some who want to make it like F blimmin 1?
Old 6 Oct 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2305608)   #282
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Don't know, I only know that all involved were getting a bit silly. Marshals going beserk, Racecontrol the same, according to the radiomessages even driver and mechanics were getting iffy.
I was on the far side of the track, shaking my head in disbelief. I honesty thought I was at a nice race event, having some fun.
Why are there always some who want to make it like F blimmin 1?
I know exactley what happened as from the horses mouth as they were in the same garage as us. But i'm not putting it on here !!
Old 6 Oct 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2305615)   #283
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the best thing to do.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2305621)   #284
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So they will not be entering next year?Whoever was at fault,these things should not happen,it is ONLY club racing after all.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 05:01 (Ref:2305804)   #285
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Post Spa update,New cam ordered today,Head is going to be replaced along with the carb.Sorting suspension out/updating,testing asap.[Second thought,better buy a new fan belt!!]
So, everything else is ok?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2305817)   #286
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A bit of a ruck but thats what happens when people get carried away and think its important.Nobody seems to use common sense.Hopefully they should be back next year as they are good blokes and it was a spur of the moment thing.The organisers forget that the competitor is the customer and the Marshaling ,Gate people and general standard needs to be less officious at most of Main Circuits including Spa.Car Doors kicked in,people manhandled its not acceptable
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2305832)   #287
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
So, everything else is ok?
Why? What have you broken?
I have'nt got the car back yet,just got the bits I know I need ordered.Trying to be organized,un-usually.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2305837)   #288
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
A bit of a ruck but thats what happens when people get carried away and think its important.Nobody seems to use common sense.Hopefully they should be back next year as they are good blokes and it was a spur of the moment thing.The organisers forget that the competitor is the customer and the Marshaling ,Gate people and general standard needs to be less officious at most of Main Circuits including Spa.Car Doors kicked in,people manhandled its not acceptable

They must have done something fairly serious for race control to have ordered the car not to re-join though John.But you are right,these things should not happen,in F1 or mere clubbies,ego's again from both sides?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2305845)   #289
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris LP is a good mate and I heard his said of the story.
There can be no excuse for damaging a car in anger.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2305847)   #290
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Of course there is no excuse,if it were me with a broken screen,I'd want the morons ball's hanging from the exhaust[preferably with the owner still attached.]
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2305849)   #291
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
there are websites catering for that type of exhaust activity... ;o)
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:21 (Ref:2305851)   #292
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble

Only you would know that Simon
Old 7 Oct 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2305858)   #293
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Don't bring the Max debate into this thread
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Oct 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2305997)   #294
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
What I'm trying to do is to find out what went wrong and get the guy(s) kicked out of marshalling. I'm there for the fun and the racing, not for ego trippers to do stupid things.

Always ready to receive PM's about it.

Last edited by Eddy V; 7 Oct 2008 at 11:00.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2306021)   #295
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Even though they were acting under Race Control orders,I would not have thought RC would like a charge of criminal damage,bringing the sport into disrepute etc bringing against them.Not sure how Belgium law works but I would have thought there could be a case to answer.Best those responsible are kicked out,permanently.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2306024)   #296
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Think its better forgotten about and organisers ensure it doesn't happen again.

People ****ed off on both sides so you are going nowhere quickly by talk of further action.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2306030)   #297
simon drabble
Veteran

annoying to have to say it but JR is correct.... like letting the German hotrods in a few years back - its all part of the learning curve!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2306035)   #298
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep,

We should move on from this one.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2306040)   #299
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well said JR.Just logged on and theres a picture of that blooming Capri that was behind me in Top Hat race. Now who can that be.?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2306049)   #300
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Open or closed face helmet?