Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3528546)   #16
porsche962fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,260
porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm getting the feeling you don't like the most winningest driver in BTCC history....
and the WHINIEST too in BTCC history


BTW the most wins is utter rubish PR crap, Plato has 30 races per year

the likes of Andy Rouse had say ONLY 9 races per year, say like in 1986
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Br...ionship_season


so how exactly can you call this fair measuring ?? Andy Rouse would had to drive 3 seasons just to achieve the same number Plato can in single season !!
porsche962fan is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3528553)   #17
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran
 
VIVA GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
England
Leicestershire
Posts: 3,510
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and the WHINIEST too in BTCC history


BTW the most wins is utter rubish PR crap, Plato has 30 races per year

the likes of Andy Rouse had say ONLY 9 races per year, say like in 1986
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Br...ionship_season


so how exactly can you call this fair measuring ?? Andy Rouse would had to drive 3 seasons just to achieve the same number Plato can in single season !!
You beat me to it sir on both counts!
VIVA GT is offline  
__________________
Incognito: An Italian phrase meaning Nice Gearchange!
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3528571)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran
 
Craner Curves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
United Kingdom
Kelso
Posts: 3,528
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm being a bit facetious Viva
Craner Curves is offline  
__________________
Don't exacerbate things!
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3528579)   #19
thetool
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 515
thetool has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so how exactly can you call this fair measuring ?? Andy Rouse would had to drive 3 seasons just to achieve the same number Plato can in single season !!
But remember Rouse was against almost no competition. Also bear in mind, whilst there are 30 races a season, actually winning more than 20 of them is extremely difficult due to the reverse grids, and this year even winning more than one a meeting is looking tough due to the increased success ballast.
thetool is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3528583)   #20
porsche962fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,260
porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
then what about the guys before 80s ? like Jack Sears, Frank Gardner and Co
porsche962fan is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3528588)   #21
Speed-King
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location:
Wuerzburg,Germany
Posts: 7,029
Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
But remember Rouse was against almost no competition. Also bear in mind, whilst there are 30 races a season, actually winning more than 20 of them is extremely difficult due to the reverse grids, and this year even winning more than one a meeting is looking tough due to the increased success ballast.
The difference is that back then it was an engineering driven competition, whereas today car development is supposed to be not a factor anymore.
Speed-King is offline  
__________________
Ceterum censeo GTE-Am esse delendam.
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3528603)   #22
Bramzel
Veteran
 
Bramzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,136
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about staying on topic?
Bramzel is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 23:24 (Ref:3528610)   #23
slummingangel
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Ireland
Posts: 116
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's people's opinions on the goff abbott coming together? Most of what I've read about it is a tad biased (Rob Austin's FB page)
slummingangel is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3528617)   #24
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,703
S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
So everyone expects Plato with zero ballast to be on pole, then Colin in the same car but with more ballast puts him in his place. That said ballast maybe did have a bit of an effect as Jordan was up there despite driving a s***box and the two Chevys and Moffat in the top 10. Disaster for WSR, Tordoff's top 10 being the only consolation, although Priaulx missing half the session doesn't help. Should make for great racing tomorrow.

Finally is anyone else getting annoyed with the bufferting on the ITV website while trying to watch quali?
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3528624)   #25
tux
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Posts: 3,693
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by slummingangel View Post
What's people's opinions on the goff abbott coming together? Most of what I've read about it is a tad biased (Rob Austin's FB page)
Hard to say, all ive read is that Abbott was on an inlap and was crawling through the chicane and Goff didnt slow down and just ran into the back of him.
tux is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3528845)   #26
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Mike Harte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Posts: 2,775
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, Mr Plato must be absolutely seething that the rear wheel drive cars roared away at the start, and filled all the top spots in the results. But hold on, Mr Plato has just won the 1st race, followed by two other front wheel drive cars.

Why, oh why can't Mr Plato keep his "racing" to the track. His constant whinging, no matter how reasonable it may sound to the infrequent watcher, is really now getting worn a bit thin and in reality does neither him or the BTCC any favours. The rules are what they are, and he knows them. He's a big girl's blouse now and if he doesn't like them, he can either stop competing in the BTCC or join a team that has a rear wheel drive car.
Mike Harte is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3528847)   #27
porsche962fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,260
porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now Collard complains about (lack of) straight line speed

Shedden ahs soft tyre for race 2, dunno how this will go

Neal starts 6th no ballast , should be interesting

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Apr 2015 at 12:27.
porsche962fan is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3528849)   #28
porsche962fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,260
porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DELETE double post
porsche962fan is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3528858)   #29
AdrianM
Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Well, Mr Plato must be absolutely seething that the rear wheel drive cars roared away at the start, and filled all the top spots in the results. But hold on, Mr Plato has just won the 1st race, followed by two other front wheel drive cars.

Why, oh why can't Mr Plato keep his "racing" to the track. His constant whinging, no matter how reasonable it may sound to the infrequent watcher, is really now getting worn a bit thin and in reality does neither him or the BTCC any favours. The rules are what they are, and he knows them. He's a big girl's blouse now and if he doesn't like them, he can either stop competing in the BTCC or join a team that has a rear wheel drive car.
Funny how people only ever mention Plato when there are plenty of other FWD drivers making the same complaint...
AdrianM is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Apr 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3528859)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran
 
Craner Curves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
United Kingdom
Kelso
Posts: 3,528
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Funny how people only ever mention Plato when there are plenty of other FWD drivers making the same complaint...
It's because he's the only one the media give airtime to.
Craner Curves is offline  
__________________
Don't exacerbate things!
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BTCC] BTCC Rounds 4-6 Donington Park touringlegend WTCC & European Touring Car Series 57 26 Apr 2014 10:51
[BTCC] Rounds 4, 5 and 6, Donington Park BillWiskins WTCC & European Touring Car Series 122 17 Apr 2012 16:56
[BTCC] Rounds 4, 5 and 6 - Donington Park gregc WTCC & European Touring Car Series 136 29 Apr 2011 00:06
BTCC Donington Park (Derbyshire) - Rounds 16-18, July 15th 07 Hazard WTCC & European Touring Car Series 62 19 Jul 2007 00:42
BF3IS - Rounds 1 and 2 - Donington Park Ian Sowman National & International Single Seaters 66 13 Apr 2005 13:51


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.