Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4091909)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bell's Banter 2022

Raising a glass to our old mate Mike B. Happy new year to all including absent friends.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 00:02 (Ref:4092003)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Happy New Year to all my Tenths friends....and apologies to the Aussies for waking them up
Old 1 Jan 2022, 00:05 (Ref:4092004)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2022 brings us all health, fun and laughter.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2022, 00:12 (Ref:4092007)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Having been on meds for dizziness since 21/12/21, which according to the paclket, meant "no alcohol" I've been abstaining since then.......first sober Xmas in heaven knows when.....

Then visited my Godson and his wife - an anaesthetist and GP, respectively, who both laughed and said there were only two antibiotics that were contra-indicaters for alcohol, and mine wasn't one of them! Was driving then so remained pure, but have availed myself of a dram or two to toast the New Year.....it seems quite powerful after a break! (Hic!)
Old 1 Jan 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4092044)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Having been on meds for dizziness since 21/12/21, which according to the paclket, meant "no alcohol" I've been abstaining since then.......first sober Xmas in heaven knows when.....

Then visited my Godson and his wife - an anaesthetist and GP, respectively, who both laughed and said there were only two antibiotics that were contra-indicaters for alcohol, and mine wasn't one of them! Was driving then so remained pure, but have availed myself of a dram or two to toast the New Year.....it seems quite powerful after a break! (Hic!)
Allegedly,the no alcohol with antibiotics rule, comes from the days when servicemen regularly caught VD. It was thought that a no booze rule would stop them passing it on until the drugs did their thing. As your Godson and his wife confirm, very few Antibiotics react to alcohol. So
Old 1 Jan 2022, 07:38 (Ref:4092042)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year year to everyone, got to start “dry January” now.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4092050)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've found that alcohol helps with dizziness. It doesn't cure it, but I feel better because I've got a reason to blame it on. Stops me worrying!

Old 1 Jan 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4092053)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Happy and Healthy New Year to one and all. And to even more enjoyable racing, too.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4092057)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A Happy and Healthy New Year to one and all. And to even more enjoyable racing, too.
No need to go over the top, Mike (And the same to you)
Old 1 Jan 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4092060)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a good night - we certainly did. Spent it with some friends, ten of us & four different nationalities (French, Polish, Italian & English), so some interesting conversations!
Old 1 Jan 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4092064)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Birthday Max.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4092073)   #12
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy New Year all!
Old 1 Jan 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4092075)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Happy Birthday Max.
What he said.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4092076)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy new year to you all. Let's hope 2022 is a better year than 2021. Having said that I think 2021 was better than 2020. There was more motorsport to watch (even a longer F1 season, if that's your thing, and a new world champion to boot!). I also found the threat of covid easier to live with than in 2020 and the summer months gave us more freedom than the same months of 2020 when the world didn't quite know what to do for the best.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4092084)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many Happy Returns of the day, Max.

And talking about birthdays,it is wonderful to note that the forum appears to have 18 members who share today as the date of their birth and are celebrating their 119th birthday! WOW!!! That is so
Old 1 Jan 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4092108)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What he said.

Facebook just told me of Max's birthday, too - so I'll add my wishes!
Old 1 Jan 2022, 17:05 (Ref:4092103)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Happy Birthday Max.
Thank you! I'm officially old today, my age starts with a new number

Old 1 Jan 2022, 20:08 (Ref:4092120)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Thank you! I'm officially old today, my age starts with a new number
Many Happy returns Max.
Old 1 Jan 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4092086)   #19
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Harking back to last year Delta, did you manage to take a dip in the sea whilst in Cornwall, with this very warm weather?
Old 1 Jan 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4092105)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Harking back to last year Delta, did you manage to take a dip in the sea whilst in Cornwall, with this very warm weather?
I did along with Daughters boyfriend.It was blooming cold and I did not stay in long.
Carbis Bay Swim..jpg
Old 1 Jan 2022, 23:26 (Ref:4092138)   #21
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I was honoured to be able to wish Max Happy Birthday in person as we had an excellent lunch down in Wiltshire. A close-run thing as I only cleared last night's thick head with 10 minutes to spare before we had to drive there.
HNY to the rest of you, I've just toasted Mike upstairs with a fine Armagnac and am now about to tackle the second half of the excellent Steve Nichols interview on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDE2XzqGV6s
If you haven't seen it I commend it to you.
Looking forwards I hope to sell my blue modsports Midget (see racecarsdirect) very soon although the market seems a bit dead - there's a monkey waiting for anyone finding me a buyer !
Old 2 Jan 2022, 01:11 (Ref:4092150)   #22
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A belated Happy New Year to all! And also to Max for the birthday.

As has been said, let's hope for an improved year in 2022, although it's looking like we're still some way away from things returning to 'normal'.

Dare I say... maybe it's time to accept that this thing's going to be around for a while yet, in one form or another, and that maybe we've just got to adapt to a new 'normal' and start getting on with our lives whilst remaining vigilant when appropriate?
Old 2 Jan 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4092156)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

As has been said, let's hope for an improved year in 2022, although it's looking like we're still some way away from things returning to 'normal'.

Dare I say... maybe it's time to accept that this thing's going to be around for a while yet, in one form or another, and that maybe we've just got to adapt to a new 'normal' and start getting on with our lives whilst remaining vigilant when appropriate?

Heresy! Burn the Witch!

Or, maybe, lets keep being careful but get on with it?
Old 2 Jan 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4092161)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope your birthday was happy, Max. Keep the pedal to the metal!
Old 2 Jan 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4092162)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

Agree.
Closed Thread