Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Nov 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4132677)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Moffat Mountain Straight Mt Panorama

Im starting a movement

When we think of the golden days of Aust motor sport (especially Bathurst) there are two names that tower above all: Moffat and Brock.

Peter has the trophy and skyline named after him, Now its time we recognised and immortalised Moffat for the way he revolutionised, professionalised and put everything on the line for motor sport especially tintop racing in this country.

If Mt Panorama skyline is now Brocks Skyline, I think we should have Mountain straight renamed Moffat Straight, in honour of his bellowing 351s muscling up that hill. Other cars might have been better across the top or down conrod. But to climb the his, the 351 at full noise was a sensation.
It even sounds good Moffats Mountain Straight.

Other drivers had more wins, and many were as talented or better drivers but Allan ate slept dreamed Bathurst everything else was practice. He brought a new level of professionalism to the sport. He put everything he owned plus his heart and soul into that race. The Moffat vs Brock rivalry is what made the Bathurst 500/1000 more than just a car race for the fans. They propelled it to public interest like football finals. Moffat changed Aust motor sport and bathurst 1000 for ever.

Its no secret that he is not doing so well health wise, it would be great if it could be done while he is able to appreciate it.

Bathurst was everything to him. Lets make him part of it forever.

Im a motor racing fan but im not "in the club". I have no idea who I would need to convince or speak to, how to get important people on board. but if you do

Allan autographed a pic for me years ago
He wrote: "Keep chasing your dreams"
OK this is my dream so how can I not chase it for him?

Anyone help?