Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 May 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4111931)   #126
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Bagnia kept it all together for the win in the MotoGP, however Quartararo extended his lead by finishing an amazing 2nd place considering the bike shouldn't be up there. Both Suzuki riders Rins and Mir fell off !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 May 2022, 05:22 (Ref:4111975)   #127
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
considering he won last year at Mugello .. it was not expected but not a big suprise .. that last corner is very fast so hard to gain that much on the straight

Ciao Marco
Old 30 May 2022, 15:19 (Ref:4112061)   #128
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
impressive second place from Fabio considering the speed disadvantage.
Old 30 May 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4112098)   #129
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
impressive second place from Fabio considering the speed disadvantage.
+ 1
Old 31 May 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4112242)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At the moment Quartararo and Espargaro are the ones who have been the most consistent. Fabio has done well to stay in front, but Aleix is looking like a real threat to that lead
Old 1 Jun 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4112384)   #131
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jack Miller struggled to overtake after running off track on lap 1 - reckon it is curtains for him in that team unfortunately....
Old 2 Jun 2022, 02:11 (Ref:4112492)   #132
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Hello (again)!

According to my (infamous) calculations, in MotoGP there are now three contenders and a fourth (Bagnaia) could be recoverable. Those 4 together have like 95% of chance for the title (in simulations).

In Moto2, the misfortune (after his big luck in Portimao) of Vieti has increased the contenders to six(!). Canet threw away a golden opportunity not only against Vieti but against every other candidate.

Unexpectedly, Moto3 is the less open category: only two true contenders, with another two (Masia & Foggia) that could recover that status "easily". Those 4 have a total probability of title of 97% (again in simulations).

Still 12 races to go but points gaps are not so easy to recover as our intuition could think. Calculations help us to better appreciate the scoring possibilities.

A curiosity: in terms of regularity/consistency, Marc Marquez is the 3rd better in MotoGP. His "typical" (median) position is 6th, just a bit better than Rins and Mir and only worse than Quarteraro (3rd) and A.Espargaro (3rd). More than anything it is a statistical hiccup, as he could lose like 5 positions after the next race... if he ran it.

(These days I watch practice, qualifying and races throughout Saturday to Tuesday or Wednesday, so I cannot enter here for obvious spoiler reasons. I also follow WSBK&sisters series and "even" F1.)
Old 2 Jun 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4112513)   #133
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post
Hello (again)!

A curiosity: in terms of regularity/consistency, Marc Marquez is the 3rd better in MotoGP. His "typical" (median) position is 6th, just a bit better than Rins and Mir and only worse than Quarteraro (3rd) and A.Espargaro (3rd). More than anything it is a statistical hiccup, as he could lose like 5 positions after the next race... if he ran it.

I don't think that Marquez can now be thought as a contender .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jun 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4112565)   #134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, as Gordon says MMwont be a contender for this year. I wonder if Fabio is right to stay with Yamaha. Unless they have revealed many good things they have now in their hands to improve the engine this year and in the future. In the past they already had a pattern of promises not always fulfilled.
Old 2 Jun 2022, 20:37 (Ref:4112598)   #135
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fabio just signed with Yamaha for another 2 years....
Old 3 Jun 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4112645)   #136
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Fabio is really getting the most out of that Yamaha, like the aforementioned Marquez has done with his Honda or how Stoner used to get the maximum out of his Ducati. It shows what a top talent Fabio is and we should be seeing more success from him in times to come
Old 3 Jun 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4112662)   #137
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I don't think that Marquez can now be thought as a contender .
"Contender" is a word that I am not going to use with Marc . However, he has been surprisingly consistent, as data shows, given his and his bike's condition. He is between 3rd and 5th more consistent (median-wise); not for much more time, sadly.

Seeing the scores table, IMO the contenders are;
Quartararo (best rider, mediocre bike)
Aleix (good rider, pretty good bike, solid points so far)
Bastia (big talent, pretty good bike, (still) irregular)

and maybe Bagnaia (a Dovi-esque rider, perhaps a bit faster, probably less reliable, best bike, a great team but with an amazing skill to harm themselves)
Old 4 Jun 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4112857)   #138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes I saw that too but him and his team manager must have good technical reasons to stay. May be one is to have a fully commited team.
Old 4 Jun 2022, 19:23 (Ref:4112861)   #139
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t know where else he can go, besides he probably has good faith in his team to turn it around, even if it won’t be easy
Old 5 Jun 2022, 06:14 (Ref:4112930)   #140
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
moaning = money, more
webster definition for motogp riders

he does lack bulletproof options and the bike is NOT THAT BAD is it .. finishing second on Mugello

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2022, 06:14 (Ref:4112931)   #141
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
moaning = money, more
webster definition for motogp riders

he does lack bulletproof options and the bike is NOT THAT BAD is it .. finishing second on Mugello

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4112962)   #142
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Of course it's not that bad and now we know that Luca Marmorini and his team will build improved engines. When will those be avalaible is a good question imo.
Old 5 Jun 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4112986)   #143
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
WTF was Aleix Espargaro thinking !!!! I won't spoil it for people but !!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4112993)   #144
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
WTF is Aleix Espargaro smoking? Can you name the cigarettes?

Good job Fabio, good surprise Zarco very good race Martin.
Old 5 Jun 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4113016)   #145
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
WTF is Aleix Espargaro smoking? Can you name the cigarettes?
He obviously can't count or read his pit signals, although I do feel sorry for him as he was gutted !
Old 5 Jun 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4113030)   #146
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Angry Rins blasts Stewards as “not at MotoGP level” after Barcelona crash after
the Suzuki rider has potentially been left with a broken wrist after LCR Honda’s Nakagami crashed at Turn 1 on the opening lap and skittled both Ducati’s Francesco Bagnaia and Rins.

Rins was launched into the air and landed heavily, while Nakagami was taken to hospital for checks after hitting Bagnaia’s rear wheel with his face.

This is the second-successive collision between Rins and Nakagami, who was branded as “one of the most dangerous riders” by the Suzuki man after a clash at Mugello one week ago.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4113145)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

There's been quite a bit of criticism towards the stewards of late. Incidents will happen, especially on the first lap, but some need to reign in their enthusiasm

Really there was no need for Nakahami to be that aggressive. I do hope he's alright after that though. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. But it's becoming too much of a habit with him. He's a decent rider, but he needs to respect other riders more
Old 6 Jun 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4113164)   #148
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There's been quite a bit of criticism towards the stewards of late. Incidents will happen, especially on the first lap, but some need to reign in their enthusiasm
There is a saying in motor racing that "you can't win it on the first lap" "but you can lose it"
Old 6 Jun 2022, 11:07 (Ref:4113186)   #149
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quartararo imperious, total domination. Aleix no cigar, team or rider mistake? Ducati and Suzuki in the doldrums and Nakasan in disgrace.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:51 (Ref:4113314)   #150
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nakasan and Fast Freddie it seems…