Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 May 2003, 22:40 (Ref:614177)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Superbikes 2003

Well, Shane Shakey Byrne now leads Michael Rutter by 104 points in the championship. I don't think even Bayliss had a lead that big in WSB last year. Can Michael Rutter make a contest of this year's BSB championship? I hope so. I remember a lot of last year's BSB races were just like Bayliss and Edwards in WSB at Imola the same year. The only difference is that you often got 3 or 4 riders battling for victory, and you never knew who would win. But I haven't really seen this from BSB this year Hopefully it'll improve though. Don't most bike racing series start boring and finish exciting? (Reverse of F1 - start exciting, finish boring ) WSB 2002 certainly did.
Old 30 May 2003, 06:41 (Ref:614382)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
rutter has got no chance - it will be glen richards on the outdated kwaka
Old 30 May 2003, 08:00 (Ref:614455)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: British Superbikes 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
But I haven't really seen this from BSB this year Hopefully it'll improve though. Don't most bike racing series start boring and finish exciting?
BSB boring? I don't think so!
Old 30 May 2003, 14:26 (Ref:614796)   #4
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hizzy came from a long way back last year, didn't he?

All it takes is one crash. That's 25 points, then riding injured for the next couple of meetings - and half the gap will have gone.

Besides which, the racing is still really good - Knockhill had me on the edge of my seat for a lot of the time.
Old 30 May 2003, 22:35 (Ref:615336)   #5
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: British Superbikes 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
BSB boring? I don't think so!

Yeah, you have a point there. But most of the BSB races I've seen this year have Shane Byrne in a big lead (a bit like Neil Hodgson in WSB this year) and a scrap for second or third behind him. Now, I like good dices for position and I find them quite exciting, but when you've got a hard dice for victory right to the end of the race, it feels much more exciting. I remember watching MotoGP at Welkom. I enjoyed the battle between Bayliss and Rossi, but it was when Rossi started closing in on Gibernau that I REALLY got on the edge of my seat.

That's just my opinion of course. I wouldn't really call any bike racing boring at all really.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 08:39 (Ref:617482)   #6
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He hardly ran away at Oulton park - there were some great 3-bike scraps there. Knockhill was all about the conditions. Thruxton amazed me - normally you can't get away there. But don't blame shakey - tell the others to raise their game. Hizzy ran away with a few races by several seconds in the last couple of years, but I don't remember anyone whinging when he did!