Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 23 Jul 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1045005)   #1
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus nine.

I had been invited to Portland ,Oregon for there annual race meet.I went there just to mechanic for a friend Don Crawford and his wife Gayel.
They are the proud owners of a Lotus Nine,chassie number 105. he bought the car a great many years ago and has managed to return it to its original spec as much as poss.I think it had been fitted with a Chevy lump,this has been replaced with a climax 1100 cc.The car is great fun to drive considering its age,Don drives it with great gustow not making any allowances for the cars age at all. He would like ,if anyone can help to fill in the cars history.They think it was one that Chapman exported directly to the State and they cannot find very much on the car at all,help anyone.
He would also like to bring the car over for the Goodwood event,is this possible and who would I contact!
Just to close,I remember the Lotus 8 coming to Brands on its first outing,driven by I think Graham Hill,did about 8 laps and left all the opposition,then broke down,ever since then I have wanted to drive a 8,got as close as I'm likly to,drove the 9,fantastic car.

Eric
Old 23 Jul 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1045033)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What, this Lotus 9?

Old 23 Jul 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1045104)   #3
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the one,and thats his Haggispeed beside it!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1045626)   #4
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know entries to both Goodwood events are by invitation. You can probably contact the Goodwood organisers via Their website.

If I remember correctly, the Lotus IX dates to 1955 so it might be a potential invitee to the 2005 Festival.

Last edited by D-Type; 24 Jul 2004 at 11:53.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.