Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4140162)   #426
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought this was simple but no one is close at the moment.
Old 14 Jan 2023, 19:54 (Ref:4140167)   #427
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autodelta? West Surrey Racing? Tom Walkinshaw?

No idea who the driver may be.
Old 14 Jan 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4140170)   #428
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMS Scuderia Italia, Jyrki Juhani Järvilehto
Old 15 Jan 2023, 04:19 (Ref:4140195)   #429
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Thought this was simple but no one is close at the moment.
I know it is going to be one of those "Of course it was, so obvious" moments when the answer comes up.

I can think of a number of F1 teams with touring car roots but none fit the drivers brief. I even thought of Appolon with their Jolly Club Switzerland roots, but again they were so briefly involved (did they even ever actually qualify?) they only had one driver let alone a foreign one. (and I think Kessel was also involved in the ownership.)
Old 15 Jan 2023, 04:56 (Ref:4140198)   #430
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
BMS Scuderia Italia, Jyrki Juhani Järvilehto
That seems to fit all round. I looked at Dallara but couldnt find a touring car link
Is Scuderia Italia the one Bob was thinking of though?

Last edited by E.B; 15 Jan 2023 at 05:22.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 08:54 (Ref:4140206)   #431
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CRM is correct, Brixia Motorsport was the WTCC team they then went to F3000 with Dallara cars and then F1 with BMS Scuderia Italia using the Dallara.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4140208)   #432
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1980 United States Grand Prix & 1981 United States Grand Prix West.

Why are these two races linked with a feat that has never been achieved in any other sequence spanning two seasons?
Old 15 Jan 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4140211)   #433
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would say it's won by the same person, but that also happened in 95-96
Old 15 Jan 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4140216)   #434
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Was Alan Jones the only person to win the last GP of 1 season and the 1st GP of the next season on American soil.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4140218)   #435
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Was Alan Jones the only person to win the last GP of 1 season and the 1st GP of the next season on American soil.
That might be true, but not the answer.

This feat has occurred nine times. But '80-'81 was the only time it spanned seasons.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 23:41 (Ref:4140262)   #436
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
CRM is correct, Brixia Motorsport was the WTCC team they then went to F3000 with Dallara cars and then F1 with BMS Scuderia Italia using the Dallara.
I was going to suggest Tyrrell....

I think they ran Minis in the early 60s before the F1 team in the late 60s?

Did Brixia do F3000?

I recall the F3000 Dallaras being run by Venturini and Forti, both whom had stepped up from F3.

The F1 effort was definitely BMS though
Old 16 Jan 2023, 02:39 (Ref:4140270)   #437
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
1980 United States Grand Prix & 1981 United States Grand Prix West.

Why are these two races linked with a feat that has never been achieved in any other sequence spanning two seasons?
First time we have had a team 1-2 in the closing race of one season and the opening race of the following season.... with the same drivers in the same order in the same country?

Last edited by E.B; 16 Jan 2023 at 02:44.
Old 16 Jan 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4140276)   #438
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
First time we have had a team 1-2 in the closing race of one season and the opening race of the following season.... with the same drivers in the same order in the same country?
1950 British Grand Prix & 1950 Monaco Grand Prix was the first time this feat occurred.

1994 Belgian Grand Prix & 1994 Italian Grand Prix was the most recent occurrence.
Old 16 Jan 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4140281)   #439
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No can't see the connection. Really have to look deeply into this one
Old 16 Jan 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4140289)   #440
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Farina - Fangio was the first pair.
Old 16 Jan 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4140298)   #441
S griffin
Veteran

It's not something to do with back to back first time polesitters?
Old 16 Jan 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4140301)   #442
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

If you discount the Indy500 races:

1950 Giuseppe Farina took pole for the first ever World Championship race at the 1950 British Grand Prix, while Juan Manuel Fangio took pole at the next race one week later.

1951 British Grand Prix & 1951 German Grand Prix - José Froilán González followed by Alberto Ascari.

1960 Portuguese Grand Prix & 1960 Italian Grand Prix - John Surtees followed by Phil Hill.

1962 Monaco Grand Prix & 1962 Belgian Grand Prix - Jim Clark followed by Graham Hill.

1968 United States Grand Prix & 1968 Mexican Grand Prix - Mario Andretti followed by Jo Siffert.

1973 Brazilian Grand Prix & 1973 South African Grand Prix - Ronnie Peterson followed by Denny Hulme.

1979 South African Grand Prix & 1979 United States Grand Prix West - Jean-Pierre Jabouille followed by Gilles Villeneuve.

1980 United States Grand Prix & 1981 United States Grand Prix West - the only time that the last race of a season and the following first race of a new season have both had new polesitters; Bruno Giacomelli followed by Riccardo Patrese.

1994 Belgian Grand Prix & 1994 Italian Grand Prix - Rubens Barrichello followed by Jean Alesi.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4140495)   #443
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
With this right answer - do you have the next question to pose?
Old 18 Jan 2023, 10:04 (Ref:4140504)   #444
S griffin
Veteran

Mine's again to do with BTCC. Right now it's an all-British/Irish affair, but can you name the last driver from each of these countries to race in the series. Bonus point if you can name the year they last raced too

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Rhodesia
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
USA
Venezuela

Extra points if you can name the driver from each of these countries who were supposed to race in the series, but didn't. Again can you name the year too?

India
Jamaica
Old 18 Jan 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4140515)   #445
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mine's again to do with BTCC. Right now it's an all-British/Irish affair, but can you name the last driver from each of these countries to race in the series. Bonus point if you can name the year they last raced too

Australia - Charlie Cox (1995)
Austria -
Belgium - Vincent Radermecker (2000)
Brazil
Canada
Denmark - Tom Kristensen (2000)
Finland
France - Yvan Muller (2005)
Germany - Frank Biela (1997)
Italy - Fabrizio Giovanardi (2014)
Japan
Malaysia - Fariqe Hairuman (2004)
Netherlands - Tom Coronel (2007)
New Zealand
Norway
Rhodesia
South Africa - Sean Watson-Smith (2004)
Sweden - Dennis Strandberg (2017)
Switzerland - Alain Menu (2015)
Turkey - Erkut Kizilirmak (2008)
USA
Venezuela - Johnny Cecotto (1995)

Extra points if you can name the driver from each of these countries who were supposed to race in the series, but didn't. Again can you name the year too?

India
Jamaica
They might not all be the most recent but this is my guess for some.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4140527)   #446
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Starting with the bonus points (always slightly tricky because how strong is a rumour):

India - Karun Chandhok - 2022
Jamaica - Matthew Gore - 2008

From BTCC Frog's list - to add:

Australia - Hyla Breese - 2002
Austria - Roland Ratzenberger - 1988
Belgium - Vincent Radermecker (2000)
Brazil
Canada
Denmark - Tom Kristensen (2000)
Finland
France - Yvan Muller (2005)
Germany - Norman Simon - 2002
Italy - Fabrizio Giovanardi (2014)
Japan
Malaysia - Fariqe Hairuman (2004)
Netherlands - Tom Coronel (2007)
New Zealand
Norway
Rhodesia
South Africa - Shaun Watson-Smith (2004)
Sweden - Dennis Strandberg (2017)
Switzerland - Alain Menu (2015)
Turkey - Erkut Kizilirmak (2008)
USA
Venezuela - Johnny Cecotto (1995)

And also for the list:
Spain - Jose de Uriarte - 1973
Old 18 Jan 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4140558)   #447
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aaron Slight would be the Kiwi in 2001. Craig Baird was late 90's
If you are calling somewhere Rhodesia it would have to be John Love in the early 60's
Old 18 Jan 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4140562)   #448
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Di Paul Radisich do an odd event a Donington after he started in V8's 2003-2004 ish.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 18:02 (Ref:4140568)   #449
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazil- Thomas Erdos
Finland- Toni Ruokonen
Norway- Tommy Rustad
USA- Robb Holland
Old 18 Jan 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4140571)   #450
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm reading an AWFUL lot of these names in Charlie Cox's voice