Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jan 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4140576)   #451
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
delete
Old 18 Jan 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4140580)   #452
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm reading an AWFUL lot of these names in Charlie Cox's voice
Ohhh, it’s like watching butterflies mating!
Old 19 Jan 2023, 00:08 (Ref:4140594)   #453
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Di Paul Radisich do an odd event a Donington after he started in V8's 2003-2004 ish.

Bob, an odd event indeed..... he did the "Touring Car Masters" at the end of season 2004. Apparently a one off season finale race made up of 16 former champions and race winners, all driving identical SEATS.

Im not sure it would class as official BTCC Championship participation in terms of the quiz.

From the results I found it seems like a typical celeb race crashfest with a number of accident DNFs. I didnt venture onto youtube!
http://www.dlg.speedfreaks.org/archi...c_masters.html

Edit: FWIW It has a 'wiki' entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTCC_Masters

Last edited by E.B; 19 Jan 2023 at 00:16.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 06:26 (Ref:4140606)   #454
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Ohhh, it’s like watching butterflies mating!
EB, didnt find any vid of this Seat race. But talking about poor driving standards, no trace of butterflies or daffodils! I wonder why car makers involved so much money in such a poor show, imo.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 06:37 (Ref:4140607)   #455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So far we have:

Entry not completed:
India - Karun Chandhok - 2022
Jamaica - Matthew Gore - 2008

Most recent entrant:

Australia - Hyla Breese - 2002
Austria - Roland Ratzenberger - 1988
Belgium - Vincent Radermecker - 2000
Brazil - Tommy Erdos - 2001
Canada - Robbie Stirling - 1990
Denmark - Tom Kristensen -2000
Finland - Toni Ruokonen - 2001
France - Yvan Muller - 2005
Germany - Norman Simon - 2002
Italy - Fabrizio Giovanardi - 2014
Japan
Malaysia - Fariqe Hairuman - 2004
Netherlands - Tom Coronel - 2007
New Zealand - Aaron Slight - 2002
Norway - Roger Möen - 2001
Rhodesia - John Love - 1964
South Africa - Shaun Watson-Smith - 2004
Sweden - Dennis Strandberg - 2017
Switzerland - Alain Menu - 2015
Turkey - Erkut Kizilirmak - 2008
USA - Robb Holland - 2015
Venezuela - Johnny Cecotto - 1995

Plus:
Spain - Jose de Uriarte - 1973

S griffin - are these all correct so far?
Just Japan to go -
Old 19 Jan 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4140611)   #456
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm reading an AWFUL lot of these names in Charlie Cox's voice
I wondered why I couldn't understand what you were saying
Old 19 Jan 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4140612)   #457
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about Moto Kitano for the Japanese driver, he drove a Datsun in the 70's.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4140613)   #458
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
How about Moto Kitano for the Japanese driver, he drove a Datsun in the 70's.
I know of at least one Japanese driver more recent than that.

They drove a Japanese marque, for a team that was part of a Japanese global expansion programme for distributing to the UK.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4140614)   #459
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I remember Nissan having a special model of the Primera GT. May be the P11. Mazda with the Xedos never hired a jap' driver I think.

Last edited by Gerard C; 19 Jan 2023 at 09:12.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4140617)   #460
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I remember Nissan having a special model of the Primera GT.
The driver I am thinking of (assuming it is the answer S griffin is looking for) was driving a Japanese marque that was not assembled in the UK, but only available imported.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4140619)   #461
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Japan
Kunimitsu Takahashi
BTCC Silverstone 1985 with Mitsubishi
F1 Japan 1977 in a private Tyrrell
Old 19 Jan 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4140688)   #462
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Here's one -

What did not occur in F1 from midway through 1985 until 1988, but then happened again immediately after the streak was broken?
Old 19 Jan 2023, 23:12 (Ref:4140689)   #463
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Here's one -

What did not occur in F1 from midway through 1985 until 1988, but then happened again immediately after the streak was broken?

There were no normally aspirated cars taking part in F1 during that time.
Old 19 Jan 2023, 23:16 (Ref:4140690)   #464
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
There were no normally aspirated cars taking part in F1 during that time.
Nope not quite but good attempt!
Old 20 Jan 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4140707)   #465
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So far we have:

Entry not completed:
India - Karun Chandhok - 2022
Jamaica - Matthew Gore - 2008

Most recent entrant:

Australia - Hyla Breese - 2002
Austria - Roland Ratzenberger - 1988
Belgium - Vincent Radermecker - 2000
Brazil - Tommy Erdos - 2001
Canada - Robbie Stirling - 1990
Denmark - Tom Kristensen -2000
Finland - Toni Ruokonen - 2001
France - Yvan Muller - 2005
Germany - Norman Simon - 2002
Italy - Fabrizio Giovanardi - 2014
Japan
Malaysia - Fariqe Hairuman - 2004
Netherlands - Tom Coronel - 2007
New Zealand - Aaron Slight - 2002
Norway - Roger Möen - 2001
Rhodesia - John Love - 1964
South Africa - Shaun Watson-Smith - 2004
Sweden - Dennis Strandberg - 2017
Switzerland - Alain Menu - 2015
Turkey - Erkut Kizilirmak - 2008
USA - Robb Holland - 2015
Venezuela - Johnny Cecotto - 1995

Plus:
Spain - Jose de Uriarte - 1973

S griffin - are these all correct so far?
Just Japan to go -
All of them are correct, apart from the Indian one. And the Japanese was answered below, but as you were the closest, you win!
Old 20 Jan 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4140711)   #466
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
All of them are correct, apart from the Indian one. And the Japanese was answered below, but as you were the closest, you win!
Out of interest - who was the Indian driver more recent than Chandhok's 2022 bid please?

For others - the Chandhok entry was reported in Motorsport News 6 Jan 2022:

"I work with Jason Plato and I have had long conversations with Alan Gow too. I looked at some avenue with teams for 2022 [...] I would love to do, maybe in 2023"
Old 23 Jan 2023, 07:01 (Ref:4140982)   #467
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Here's one -

It looks like you might have to provide a clue or two?

My first thought was that there were no wet weather races, until the back-to-back GBR and GER rounds in 1988 - but some records show the 1987 GBR GP as a wet race?

Last edited by crmalcolm; 23 Jan 2023 at 07:09.
Old 23 Jan 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4141023)   #468
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this Ferrari talk made me think it was Ferrari's not winning a race beginning in mid 85 and then that streak coming to and end and then happening immediately again with Berger winning the last 2 races of 87.
Old 23 Jan 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4141054)   #469
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
It looks like you might have to provide a clue or two?

My first thought was that there were no wet weather races, until the back-to-back GBR and GER rounds in 1988 - but some records show the 1987 GBR GP as a wet race?

Correct - it was gaps between a wet weather race. I did notice some records about the UK race in 87 too but I don't believe it was officially a wet race.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 05:10 (Ref:4141077)   #470
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Correct - it was gaps between a wet weather race. I did notice some records about the UK race in 87 too but I don't believe it was officially a wet race.
I was at the Brit GP in '87 - don't recall the race being wet but the whole weekend is something of a blur in the old memory, so anything is possible!
Old 24 Jan 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4141095)   #471
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
1950 – 0
1951 – 1
1953 – 3
1964 – 4
1970 – 5
2012 – 6

What is the sequence?
Why is 2 missing from the sequence?
Old 24 Jan 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4141098)   #472
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
1950 – 0
1951 – 1
1953 – 3
1964 – 4
1970 – 5
2012 – 6

What is the sequence?
Why is 2 missing from the sequence?
The years when the record was broken for the number of world champions on the grid. Fangio broke his neck in 1952 and returned when Ascari had become the third champion in 1953.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 05:47 (Ref:4141136)   #473
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
The years when the record was broken for the number of world champions on the grid. Fangio broke his neck in 1952 and returned when Ascari had become the third champion in 1953.
Yes - number of former champions on the grid at race one.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4141139)   #474
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Brilliant.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4141157)   #475
BTCC frog
Veteran

What links the following drivers:

Mike Hawthorn
Phil Hill
AJ Foyt
Jim Clark
Jochen Rindt
Mario Andretti
Emerson Fittipaldi
Jacques Villeneuve
Fernando Alonso

Alternatively, the list could be:

Tazio Nuvolari