Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2720120)   #1
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
X-Games 2010

Just saw Issachsen is invited for the Super Rally part (the rallycross-like part of the X-games)
Old 30 Jun 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2720216)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I guess he is not the only invited leading ERC driver…
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2720295)   #3
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/new...d-riders-rally

so far, Issachsen is the only ERC-regular invited
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2720310)   #4
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, his country is "to be decided". Funny, I thought that was decided sometime nearer your date of birth... I think he'll do brilliantly out there, such a good driver. Would expect to see Eriksson and possibly Gronholm take part too?
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2720312)   #5
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
edit
Old 30 Jun 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2720446)   #6
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
@ dcdesign: Oops, misunderstanding! I thought you had it over the three Euro style RX events in the US later this year, of which Sverre is keen to do at least two.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2720470)   #7
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean shipping the Focus to the USA? Or is it a fly and drive? I assume it must be paid, as traveling ain't cheap...
Old 30 Jun 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2720509)   #8
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
I understood it that way that he will do the Euro style RX events with his Focus while the X-Games thing should be based on a fly and drive programme.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2720679)   #9
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sverre joins the official Subaru America team for the X-games. Nice to have collegues like Pastrana and Mirra.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2720705)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
Sverre joins the official Subaru America team for the X-games.
Really? That'll definately be interesting to see, I've often wondered how the hatch Impreza would fare in the hands of an experience ERC driver - now I should get an answer to that question!

Given Olsberg MSE are so heavily involved with the X-Games surely the appearance of Eriksson or Gronholm is quite likely?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2720782)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They need to invite Bill Caswell.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2720812)   #12
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Given Olsberg MSE are so heavily involved with the X-Games surely the appearance of Eriksson or Gronholm is quite likely?
OlsbergsMSE is doing four Fiestas, one for Kenny Bräck, one for Tanner Foust, one for Ken Block and one for Brian Deegan. No Andréas Eriksson, no Marcus Grönholm.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2720885)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
OlsbergsMSE is doing four Fiestas, one for Kenny Bräck, one for Tanner Foust, one for Ken Block and one for Brian Deegan. No Andréas Eriksson, no Marcus Grönholm.
Just read the interview with the four Ford drivers on Rallybuzz - thats a shame, as I was hoping to see Gronholm on track!
Old 2 Jul 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2721162)   #14
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will the entry list be fully revealed and what regs are they using? (S2000, group N, etc?)
Old 3 Jul 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2721467)   #15
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdesign View Post
Just saw Issachsen is invited for the Super Rally part (the rallycross-like part of the X-games)
As soon as I read this! it came to my mind is there another reason why Sverre is with the Subaru Team,Elsewhere Sverre has said that He is not tied to a manafactuer and Subaru is a possible choice if they can get one to be Competetive! Not since Per and the Legacy and the Impressive Impreza have we seen a true front runner. Could be a possible new car in 2011!!!!!
Old 6 Jul 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2722544)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Could be a possible new car in 2011!!!!!
It would be great to see an Impreza in the hands of a front running ERC driver. Sadly Subaru America seem a lot more switched onto Motorsport (and Motorsport promotion) then Subaru in Europe - fingers crossed though!
Old 6 Jul 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2722582)   #17
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if x-games will be shown on the internet live ? Dont wanna have to wait 6 months for it to come on sky channel extreme sports
Old 7 Jul 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2722846)   #18
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most things X-Games and ESPN get on youtube.com within about 60 minutes. Still seats available to see it live in the sun! The pound still goes further than the dollar!

And yes, Subaru USA is taking this very seriously. It didn't look good to have Ford turn up last year and ruin the "Travis Pastrana" show. Dave Mirra was recently in Finland with Makinen and my guess is that the Rallycross spec Subaru has been in Europe just we don't know about it.

Travis has more screws loose than Sverre so those two in the same team should let us all see if the Impreza can be a rally car especially as Subaru USA are running all the US rounds this year and can't keep getting kicked by Ford (and other manufacturers) on television.

Exciting times!
Old 7 Jul 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2723180)   #19
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not that bad for Subaru to be beaten by Ford.

Still it's not like Citroën might make a random appearance (Unless Citreons are sold in the US).
Old 8 Jul 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2723383)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
It's not that bad for Subaru to be beaten by Ford.
I'd agree (and I'm sure most European rally fans would as well) as Ford have a long and successful history in rally, so there is certainly no shame in being beaten by them.

Bear in mind though that rally has only jumped into the mainstream in the US in the last few years and, in that time, the dominant manufacturer (and major sponsor) has been Subaru. Ford waltzed in last year and pretty much took X-Games - the biggest and most watched "rally" event in the US - from under their noses!
Old 8 Jul 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2723622)   #21
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Quote:
I'd agree (and I'm sure most European rally fans would as well) as Ford have a long and successful history in rally, so there is certainly no shame in being beaten by them.

Bear in mind though that rally has only jumped into the mainstream in the US in the last few years and, in that time, the dominant manufacturer (and major sponsor) has been Subaru. Ford waltzed in last year and pretty much took X-Games - the biggest and most watched "rally" event in the US - from under their noses!
Which makes me wonder. Seeing as Ken Block is going full time in the WRC next year, will other US rally drivers go to WRC? WRC 2011 looks like it's going to be three horse race -Ford, Citroen, Mini-, and if Subaru USA is taking their rally seriously then why not split the group in two have one going for the national title and the other going for the world? And then we could have a WRC stage in the USA!

Sigh, makes me want Colin back...
Old 9 Jul 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2723793)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Which makes me wonder. Seeing as Ken Block is going full time in the WRC next year, will other US rally drivers go to WRC? WRC 2011 looks like it's going to be three horse race -Ford, Citroen, Mini-, and if Subaru USA is taking their rally seriously then why not split the group in two have one going for the national title and the other going for the world? And then we could have a WRC stage in the USA!
Without going into details and other peoples business, I can say that isn't happening.

There are a few guys that could have some potential but they really need to get their butts overseas if they really want to run someday in the WRC. And none of the potential talents have major backing behind them which is a problem.

Block basically was able to fund himself from his own money to make himself into a pro rally driver. Few can spend millions to get to the WRC. And that doesn't take anything away from him. He put the work in and made a successful company and then has put the work in on the rally side as well. Good on him.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2723893)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Block basically was able to fund himself from his own money to make himself into a pro rally driver. Few can spend millions to get to the WRC. And that doesn't take anything away from him. He put the work in and made a successful company and then has put the work in on the rally side as well. Good on him.
Well said; nice to see Block described without either shooting him down in flames (European rally fans!) or declaring him the greatest driver in the world (Block fanboys!).

I saw Block driving at Goodwood and I have to say I was pretty impressed; he looked a lot more confident and commited in the car then I was expecting.

As you say though mountainstar, I know the Rally America series isn't the best funded so the chances of seeing many more US drivers come to WRC seems pretty slim. I guess the big names like Pastrana could probably fund the transition (though obviously he would need to defect from Subaru) and possibly Foust - though he seems to have too much on his plate to fit WRC in as well - but for the rest of them RA is their limit for now.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2724037)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well said; nice to see Block described without either shooting him down in flames (European rally fans!) or declaring him the greatest driver in the world (Block fanboys!).

I saw Block driving at Goodwood and I have to say I was pretty impressed; he looked a lot more confident and commited in the car then I was expecting.

As you say though mountainstar, I know the Rally America series isn't the best funded so the chances of seeing many more US drivers come to WRC seems pretty slim. I guess the big names like Pastrana could probably fund the transition (though obviously he would need to defect from Subaru) and possibly Foust - though he seems to have too much on his plate to fit WRC in as well - but for the rest of them RA is their limit for now.
Block is middle of the road, but don't write him off. He put a lot of work into his driving and he can outdrive a lot of people.

The only way for American drivers to get into the WRC is to come over to Europe and somehow scratch together some deals in national and regional championships and come up the hard way. They wont get recognized from the USA.

Pastrana has a lot on his plate and if he wants the WRC he'll have to give up all his other nonsense.

Foust is better funded in drifting than he ever was in rally and he goes where the money is. He is also a hard worker and tireless promoter of himself, if not in the past a bit arrogant. I don't see him going to the WRC unless he again tosses away a lot of the other stuff he does.
Old 9 Jul 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2724048)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Foust is better funded in drifting than he ever was in rally and he goes where the money is. He is also a hard worker and tireless promoter of himself, if not in the past a bit arrogant. I don't see him going to the WRC unless he again tosses away a lot of the other stuff he does.
Foust looks to be getting more involved in rallycross (including getting it off the ground in the USA) so I doubt he's even contemplating the WRC to be honest.