Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Jul 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2724089)   #26
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Foust looks to be getting more involved in rallycross (including getting it off the ground in the USA) so I doubt he's even contemplating the WRC to be honest.
AFAIK he never has really talked about it(WRC).
Old 9 Jul 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2724125)   #27
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Foust will go WRC

At the end of the day he is one of the best drifters in the world and is becoming an pritty good rallycross driver. I cant see him giving up drifting and rallycross to go WRC. He is at the top level in them sports!
Old 9 Jul 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2724178)   #28
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top level in Rallycross??? Are you sure??
Old 9 Jul 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2724200)   #29
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
If you qualify strait to the A-final at Höljes, yes you are!
Old 9 Jul 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2724207)   #30
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
8th in his first ever ERC round in Portugal, 6th at Lydden and 3rd in Sweden (but after black flag classified as 6th) is not a bad result at all.

CHAPEAU, MISTER FOUST!
Old 9 Jul 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2724213)   #31
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Foust is better funded in drifting than he ever was in rally and he goes where the money is.
Interesting comment mountainstar, why do you think Foust do Rallycross? There is NO money there.
The speaker at Höljes asked Foust about the X-games and if there is much audience at the X Games, but Tanner was talking mostly about the over 20 million watching the X Games on television. Do you think he is right? Will RX be big in the US?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2724257)   #32
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
8th in his first ever ERC round in Portugal, 6th at Lydden and 3rd in Sweden (but after black flag classified as 6th) is not a bad result at all.

CHAPEAU, MISTER FOUST!
Ahhhh, I'll take it back!
Old 10 Jul 2010, 03:43 (Ref:2724285)   #33
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Interesting comment mountainstar, why do you think Foust do Rallycross? There is NO money there.
The speaker at Höljes asked Foust about the X-games and if there is much audience at the X Games, but Tanner was talking mostly about the over 20 million watching the X Games on television. Do you think he is right? Will RX be big in the US?
Rallycross is the big gamble by Rally America to be a profitable organization. It does have the potential to be big at some point.

Previously in the guise of stadium truck racing it was extremely successful with tons of factory backing from Nissan, Toyota, etc. and big name sponsors. It died out for various reasons. But no reason why that type of sport can't be big again in the form of rallycross.

Tanner is about the $$$ and a lot of people know this is a gamble but also a shot at X Games like rally events to be a series around the USA.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2724528)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Absolutely - I'm sure he would have finished higher then 6th at Lydden had his car not died on the start grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Previously in the guise of stadium truck racing it was extremely successful with tons of factory backing from Nissan, Toyota, etc. and big name sponsors. It died out for various reasons. But no reason why that type of sport can't be big again in the form of rallycross.
That was CORR, wasn't it? Damn shame that never survived as I used to enjoy watching the clips on You Tube. The Lucas Oil series has sorted of replaced it, hasn't it?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2724548)   #35
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
That was CORR, wasn't it? Damn shame that never survived as I used to enjoy watching the clips on You Tube. The Lucas Oil series has sorted of replaced it, hasn't it?
No it wasn't CORR. It was the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series. It lasted until 1996 but had some hard times after 1988 when Mickey Thompson and his wife were assassinated by thugs hired by a former business partner.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2725303)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
No it wasn't CORR. It was the Mickey Thompson Stadium Series. It lasted until 1996 but had some hard times after 1988 when Mickey Thompson and his wife were assassinated by thugs hired by a former business partner.
Blimey! I've never heard of that series; I'm off to You Tube to try and find out more - ta!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2727996)   #37
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ivan "ironman" stewart and all that jazz
Old 21 Jul 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2729998)   #38
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
If I read the blurb on the various US rally forums correctly, it looks like the X-Games rallycross will feature a Joker section, with part of said Joker section consisting of a big jump of some sorts.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2730895)   #39
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its x-games its got to have a big jump in there at some point
Old 30 Jul 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2735679)   #40
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Well X-Games is this weekend; be interesting to see how Foust gets on with the rallycross - and what Isachsen can do with the Subaru.

Will have to starting trawling the internet for coverage next week!
Old 30 Jul 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2735683)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://isachsenmotorsport.no/the-first-pictures/

Livery looks terrible.

It's a Subaru WRC with extra power?
Old 30 Jul 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2735729)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Agreed. Hope it goes better then it looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
It's a Subaru WRC with extra power?
Given that its Subaru USA I would think its based on the Rally America Impreza, which is somewhere between the Group N and WRC car (Group A you might say?).
Old 31 Jul 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2736481)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

More photos at http://isachsenmotorsport.no/multime...m=2&gallery=13

Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2736561)   #44
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I guess it's just Fiesta's, Impreza'a and Evo's then?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2736578)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Yep

According Rallycross Online at 12:30 pm local time (21h30 CEST) live on ESPN America.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2736815)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm watching the Rally Car (two-track super stage) quarterfinals and it's a mess. The track is ridiculously tight and about half of the heats are won by disqualification. And most drivers look rather slow in turns, as if they had little experience in driving these cars.

How is the Super Rally track? There seems to be very little width around the place, and it's impossible that the organizers mean to thow cars though those 3m-wide gates to test them on asphalt.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2736836)   #47
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Rally Car was a joke. A driver flipped an old Impreza just by taking a turn, without clipping anything!!! Even the final race ended before the finish line. Any guy from the My tracks section of the forum would have done a better job at drawing a course there. I hope that the Super Rally track is better.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2736865)   #48
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as Sverre's Impreza broke down in the first lap of the heats (Seeing the coverage, i guess driveshaft failure or electronics), I think he will conttinue with his Ford... doesn't he has a second Focus for sale, which isn't sold yet? Maybe he can ship it to the USA, to take revenge...
Old 1 Aug 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2736877)   #49
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What in the hell?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 05:12 (Ref:2736927)   #50
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a cluster *$@%!!! That was an absolute joke. The only good thing was I recorded it on DVR so I could fast forward past all the Justin Timberlake Sony and Shark Week commercials.