Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 May 2004, 06:25 (Ref:970545)   #1
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh

Hi All,

Anyone at Shelsley Walsh over this weekend (15th/16th May)??

I'm there competing on the Saturday.

Have a good weekend, whatever your racing......
Old 14 May 2004, 23:06 (Ref:971386)   #2
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI James,

I will be there prob on Sunday, but prob pop round on Saturday too - I live 2 miles away!

What are you driving?

Justin
Old 14 May 2004, 23:37 (Ref:971410)   #3
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there also.........Residing at Kennel bend inside the rescue unit and also will be camped in the field with Mrs Blackx and co........
Old 17 May 2004, 08:35 (Ref:973070)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
Well..........A busy day on Saturday but despite that some good racing was produced with a lovely hot day and a track in good condition...
I was quite impressed with you and your co-driver on saturday James and the car looks mighty fine...A well turned out vehicle.....Hope you had a good day also...
Old 17 May 2004, 09:25 (Ref:973110)   #5
james_williams
Racer

Thanks Blackx, sorry I didn't see you to talk too but I tried to wave to all the marshalls on the way down. Hope I didn't miss you out....

My verdict from the weekend on my performance was 'could do better' although considering it was my first time at Shelsley in this car I wasn't too disappointed. Hoping to be there for the June meeting so will hopfully go better then.

Is there any news on the unfortunate Westfield driver who had a monster shunt on Saturday. Is he OK? I saw him taken off in the 'Whopper Chopper'

Sunday was also a great day, the weather all weekend was great. We need more weekends like that one!!!
Old 18 May 2004, 00:24 (Ref:973956)   #6
blackx
Veteran

England
Last I heard he had had his leg plastered....
By all accounts his neck and back did not receive any lasting damage which is the main thing really...

Look forward to seeing you in June...
Old 21 May 2004, 11:50 (Ref:977595)   #7
james_williams
Racer

Yey, got entry for June meeting.

Now hoping the weather is as good as it was last weekend.

See you there.

James
Old 22 May 2004, 16:31 (Ref:978948)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since that's two days, it's compulsory for you to visit the marshals in the farmyard at the end of Saturday. We get free beer, and may just let you sniff some!

And anytime you're off-duty with the car stop by the marshals posts on the way up. You're likely to meet a 10ther at any of them.
Old 23 May 2004, 20:37 (Ref:980375)   #9
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
It's worth coming down to see us marshals - Doubly so this June because you can come and have a giggle at me making a pratt of myself figuring out how to work the new caravan I've just bought! It should be delivered on the Friday we Travel up!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 12:48 (Ref:991445)   #10
james_williams
Racer

Thanks for the invite guys. I will try to come and visit you. If I don't get chance then I will apologise now but pop over and say hello at lunchtime if you get chance, then I can put a face to the name!

Should be a good weekend. Weather looks ok.

Don't know how I missed the fact that Rowan Atkinson will be driving in the Invited Aston Martin class, especially seeing as I had the entry 2 weeks ago and I only found out now. More celebs at SW!!! Apparently he is quite a good driver as well...

Heard that Gurston was interesting. I wonder if Adam Fleetwood will get his Gould into the 23s. What do you think??

See you on Saturday.

J (Dallara TKD02)
Old 2 Jun 2004, 18:40 (Ref:991845)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given good weather, I'd be more surprised if we didn't get a 23, although it's a scary thought.

Effnic, you back on for both days now, or still arriving on Saturday?
Old 3 Jun 2004, 11:54 (Ref:992583)   #12
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
23 is a scary thought, my farewell appearance at the Millenium Stadium stops me from being there both days but I will be there Sunday.

Mr Wickham will also be journeying north for the weekend.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 17:55 (Ref:992968)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
His passes may not arrive on time, but tell him to ask for me if he has problems getting in.

The forecast is for temp in the mid 20s, so with warn track and cooler air on the second runs... Bring it on!
Old 3 Jun 2004, 23:32 (Ref:993325)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England
Tell him to come and find me in the officials carpark on saturday am and we can sneak in at the same time
Old 7 Jun 2004, 08:34 (Ref:995900)   #15
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well not quite a 23s but pretty close at 24.08 from A Fleetwood.

Well played as well Jnr for his morning effort in keeping Adam on his toes. Shame about his last run of the day. Oh well at least he kept it upright.

And can Trevor Willis get any quicker. A full second off the existing class record. Mad as a hatter.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:38 (Ref:996634)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Fantastic day for me, although I do admit to running away when jr lost it... His words - 'That was exciting!'

Trevor under the record? Might be mistaken, but I don't think so.. Could you be thinking of Phil Cooke in the 1600? What an amazing drive that was. It's not so long since that would have been considered good in an unlimited car.

Some other great drives too, notably Sue Young's new ladies record, DAve Kimberley took a record in the Caterham 7 and Peter Voigt in the Techcraft performed miracles too. Track conditions and weather obviously helped with masses of personal bests being done. And then there was that outright record, the old mark being broken by both Adam and Graham. It's nice to see it now exactly 2 seconds faster than when I started marshalling.

And nice to meet you, James, you were going pretty quickly too. Did you make it to the marshals' beer? If not, come along in August.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:51 (Ref:996692)   #17
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I think that's going to be a meeting people will talk about for many years to come. Unless somebody pumps in a 23 in August.

Thanks to all for such a top banana weekend everybody.

PS Stu & Steve - I checked the Awning catalogue today, the plastic bits and a set of instructions were meant to be included. Executions scheduled for the dealer tomorrow.

BC
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:55 (Ref:996754)   #18
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
PS Stu & Steve - I checked the Awning catalogue today, the plastic bits and a set of instructions were meant to be included. Executions scheduled for the dealer tomorrow.

BC
be very certain before you perform the execution!! some dealers are aware that those bits are "extras". yes you should have been told but not necessarily part of an awning.

still a damn good weekend though.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 00:21 (Ref:996803)   #19
Fireblade
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley

Trevor under the record? Might be mistaken, but I don't think so..
Thanks for the prompt there Wooley, my mistake. I don't know how I did that.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 05:54 (Ref:996885)   #20
james_williams
Racer

Nice to meet Woolley, Pike and Crazystu at the weekend. Thanks for popping down, it was appreciated, puts a face to the name. I didn't make it for a beer as we had a few problems.

Unfortunatley we had a mixed weekend. I got a PB on the Saturday but then we broke an output flange. After some overnight repairs we were up and running again on the Sunday. However, for my first run the Output broke again. So that was game over for us. New designed Output flanges on thier way for next time. Unfortunatley we won't be at Loton though!

The rest of the weekend was fantastic. The first run off was a classic wasn't it? And Phil Cooke's 1600 time was just incredible!

Roll on August.............

Last edited by james_williams; 8 Jun 2004 at 05:56.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 20:43 (Ref:997763)   #21
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I made it on Sunday for the runoffs and bloody hell I had forgotten just how much grip those things have!! off the line nothing beats them!! definitly going to make it for some more meetings!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:998152)   #22
Fireblade
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by james_williams
Roll on August.............
Don't wish the summer away j_w. Will be over before we know where we are.

Before that we have the Annual Festival of Ruperts and Oil Spillages to contend with in July. Previously known as VSCC day.

I can't wait(NOT)

Last edited by Fireblade; 9 Jun 2004 at 08:37.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1010157)   #23
sawbench
Rookie

sawbench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I normally find the VSSCC days quite good Mr Fireblade.

ERAs, Alfas, Maserattis etc.

quite good really at Shelsley and Presscot.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 07:11 (Ref:1019751)   #24
blackx
Veteran

England
so...............who's gonna be there this coming weekend then???

And where are we gonna meet up for a little post event lubrication??
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1020217)   #25
james_williams
Racer

Sorry not there this weekend. Still waiting for completion of diff parts from last meeting.

Hope you all have an enjoyable and succesful day!