Old 29 May 2003, 16:35 (Ref:613829)   #1
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more plum pudding for cars at Mallory

As posted on Mallory's webpage

Mallory Park’s traditional Boxing Day race meeting will revert to its original ‘motorbikes only’ format this year.

Due to the sport’s regulations, it was necessary to have separate car and ‘bike officials in charge for each type of race. Cars had been on the bill for several years, but the 2002 event highlighted the difficulties presented when two lots of officials have two very different ways of running a race meeting!
Old 29 May 2003, 18:01 (Ref:613911)   #2
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such a shame was a good meeting, dont think ill bother going this year then.
To many chiefs and not enough indians???
Old 29 May 2003, 18:04 (Ref:613915)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

With any luck the car wouldn't have been in bits on Boxing Day this year, but now its too late to make the short trip down the road to Mallory
Old 1 Jun 2003, 15:29 (Ref:616798)   #4
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe me, the driver's haven't fortunately got any idea of the childish arguing, preening and posturing that goes on behind the scenes between the car and bike officials at this meeting, i've seen it first hand unfortunately and it has got worse over the years and has now got to the point where the car drivers miss out through no fault of their own. A real shame.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:11 (Ref:617150)   #5
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not have a new years day car meeting then? First race of the year!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:34 (Ref:618426)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a pity, since I have known many meetings which have combined cars and bikes without anything which could be described as difficulties.

Sure, different needs mean different attention to details but people, senior and junior, have not had too many problems in meeting each other's needs.

OK then, its bikes for a wake-up (if I don't go to a hunt meet as is traditional in my family).

Regards

Jim
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:37 (Ref:619301)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
In a way that could be good news.....it could give us two meetings over Christmas!

I really enjoyed last year's 'Plum Pudding'.....whatever the 'difficulties' behind the scenes, out on the bank we all had fun.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:49 (Ref:619323)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I'm quite glad actually!!!
I won't have to ask mrs observer if she minds me volunteering for it.....she won't have to say no....I won't have to sulk.....we won't have to converse with each other via our kids.....

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 3 Jun 2003 at 15:49.