Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jan 2020, 02:16 (Ref:3949971)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the sounds of the cars that were shipped to Australia after Kyalami last year, I can't imagine numbers could be that low.

Seems a strange tactic to delay an entry list this long when cars have been shipped, tested etc
Old 6 Jan 2020, 05:52 (Ref:3949985)   #47
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Organisers put our release re no impact on event from fires.

Elsewhere, I've seen online comments from Mr Craill suggesting that there'll be an entry list tomorrow.

No idea why the delay but we may get an explanation at some stage.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3950077)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.intercontinentalgtchallenge.com/news/1524

https://www.intercontinentalgtchalle...t_06.01.20.pdf

Entry list.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3950095)   #49
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that will be acceptable.

Interesting name on those mclarens, wondered whether we would actually see 59 Racing and Garage 59 Racing in the same race

Make for some tough comms
Old 6 Jan 2020, 20:15 (Ref:3950096)   #50
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury has a real shot at the championship!Nick Woodbury has a real shot at the championship!Nick Woodbury has a real shot at the championship!Nick Woodbury has a real shot at the championship!Nick Woodbury has a real shot at the championship!
Oof Only 2 GT4s? And one of them is TBD! Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to the lack of entries in that category? Waning interest perhaps?
Old 6 Jan 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3950102)   #51
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Oof Only 2 GT4s? And one of them is TBD! Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to the lack of entries in that category? Waning interest perhaps?
I kinda think the B12hr is just one of those races where you are in the top tier, or not at all.

Must be pretty heavy mirror watching for any GT4 car
Old 6 Jan 2020, 23:58 (Ref:3950117)   #52
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Organisers only interested in GT3?
Old 7 Jan 2020, 00:34 (Ref:3950121)   #53
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Organisers only interested in GT3?
Seems to me punters and competitors too...
Old 7 Jan 2020, 03:21 (Ref:3950128)   #54
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The organisers push to remove the invitational cars has also been a negative.

The loss of the Daytona's and Corvettes along with the reduction in GT4 is disappointing
Old 7 Jan 2020, 11:32 (Ref:3950169)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Seems to me punters and competitors too...
I'm not interested because there's not enough of them. If the organisers had more, then I'd care. But 3-4 cars in a class isn't enough for me.

I'm questioning whether you need Pro-Am and Silver classes, however. These serve roughly the same purpose. SRO seem big on classes for every possibly combination.
Old 7 Jan 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3950252)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking forward to this one as ever!

About 44 entrants, with 22 strictly Pro teams? I think Pro / Pro Am alone would be a great show, so maybe they're trying to dwindle the entry? The last class appears to be half one team and all the same Marque...
Old 9 Jan 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3950620)   #57
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Very little interest in running GT4 in Australia.

Plenty of cars here to build a decent grid of them, but no one is coughing up the money to do so.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3950733)   #58
D.R.T.
Veteran

How many GT4s are in Australia?

2-3 KTMs
1 Aston Martin
1-2 BMW's

There was chat about a Mustang making it to Australia but unsure if one ever did actually get delivered in the end?
Old 10 Jan 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3950838)   #59
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
How many GT4s are in Australia?

2-3 KTMs

1 Aston Martin

1-2 BMW's

There was chat about a Mustang making it to Australia but unsure if one ever did actually get delivered in the end?

There’s either 1 or 2 mclarens also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jan 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3950841)   #60
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why aren’t European GT4 teams coming to the 12hr, the GT3 teams do in droves

The 12hr only a few years ago attracted plenty of interest from overseas teams wanting to run in lower classes, what has changed?