Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jan 2020, 05:28 (Ref:3954500)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HISTORICS ON THE HILL

HRDC promoted event, promising ‘A full programme of Historic Racing, Classic Car Club displays, and great street food’. What’s not to like?

No word yet on any non HRDC invited grids.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3955519)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is encouraging news for Lydden in the longer term...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/n...passed-221245/

Lydden is actually now a very good venue. There's a nicely surfaced paddock with plenty of hookup and the new building will really bring the place up to date. It's a shame it's so inaccessible to large parts of the country as it's a great circuit for club racing.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3956082)   #3
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
This is encouraging news for Lydden in the longer term...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/n...passed-221245/

Lydden is actually now a very good venue. There's a nicely surfaced paddock with plenty of hookup and the new building will really bring the place up to date. It's a shame it's so inaccessible to large parts of the country as it's a great circuit for club racing.
Absolutely agree, the much improved toilet block and the catering venue are great assets along with the modern control building also. Compared to the mud bath of 20 years ago the circuit is a positive joy at which to spectate. I've been to a couple of meetings over the last year and although somewhat poorly attended it's always a good days racing, although not relevant on this thread they are continuing with their winter rally cross, next meeting 14th March.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3956212)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I had some of my first truly competitive races there 10 years ago, a tyre shredder, but great fun.

Not sure I'd want to do an hour, or more but for a few 15-20 sprints its great. Wouldn't mind a blast round on My Lambretta either!
Old 10 Feb 2020, 08:29 (Ref:3956710)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We would do a sprint Saturday morning then race Saturday afternoon . Actually I think we did two races . Lydden were the pioneers of racing ahead format . Great fun .
Old 11 Feb 2020, 02:23 (Ref:3956894)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Wouldn't mind a blast round on My Lambretta either!
I watched some scooter racing on TV here recently (from the UK but dont recall the venue)... all stripped down and all ridden by riders with no fear. And then there was a wet race..... they are all insane. Fun to watch though.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3956962)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I watched some scooter racing on TV here recently (from the UK but dont recall the venue)... all stripped down and all ridden by riders with no fear. And then there was a wet race..... they are all insane. Fun to watch though.
THe ITalians cam over and raced at Lydden a few years ago . . .flippin quick ( 55+ BHP 265cc Lambrettas) what you saw was possibly the 6hr enduro up north, looked like fun, I know a few people who did it, and yes, they're certifiable on the whole. good lads.