Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 May 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2876884)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BARC Snetterton 7th May, first time on the 200

Some older cars on the programme such as Healeys, Classic FF2000 & FF1600, Miglias & Se7ens ( ...got to be historic or classic by now !). Gallery of pics from the new complex up at Sear.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=b5bf0b3acb
Old 8 May 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2877108)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone else go? What was the racing like? What's the 200 like? Questions, questions.
Old 9 May 2011, 04:35 (Ref:2877190)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
Gallery of pics from the new complex up at Sear.
Thanks Andrew. Disappointing to see all the stones on left Apex from corner cutting. Maybe one of those FO curbs needed there as well
Old 9 May 2011, 05:47 (Ref:2877201)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FO Curbs! nice one Mike.
Old 9 May 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2877287)   #5
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the stones there are a problem. In our race (classic ff2000) four cars including my own had stones go through the radiator. As we had just put brand new (very expensive) light weight aluminum rads on prior to that race I wasnt best pleased!
Old 9 May 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2877314)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's bad news; anyone drawn this issue to the circuit's attention?
Old 9 May 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2877332)   #7
scott19
Rookie

Not too sure on that. It seems to be where they have been building and the grass hasnt grown at the side of the track your just left with dusty dirt thats full of stones.

I saw a few races over the weekend, some were quite badly supported. The Mini race I saw on Sunday was as good as ever. Both the Dunlop Touring Cars and the Intersteps didnt have great grids and so were a bit spread out. Our FF2000 race was boring out in the lead becuase Ian Pearson is just streets ahead of everyone else and walked both races but I like to think the fights for the top 6 entertained the crowds at least.
Old 9 May 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2877420)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to hear about the rads, Scott. Possibly windscreens damaged as well and risk of punctures greatly increased, especially on slicks.

Obvious answer as previously discussed when talking about the 300 layout is for cars not to cut the Apex. Sadly that corner looks all to easy for drivers to try and gain an advantage on, so a big FOK (I'll spell Kerb right this time ) as at Murray's would be a big deterrent!

I guess the Marshals would have spent time between races clearing up and so circuit should be aware of problem. Maybe there is a grade of topsoil that has less stones in it that could be used in vulnerable places?

If I wanted to drive on stones would go back to rallying!
Old 9 May 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2877662)   #9
Doblo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norfolk
Doblo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all sorry to hear of all your problems.
Was marshaling at riches on sunday, the guys on the next two corners were out between every session clearing stones even had the sweeper down there once, but there are loads of flints and small stones in the grass (dirt/dust depends where you are) and you only need a couple of cars cutting the corner and the stones are back again..
not sure what the circuit are trying to do apart from a rain dance to make the grass grow.

I know this does'nt help but just to let you know we were doing as much as we could to keep it clear.
Old 9 May 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2877694)   #10
scott19
Rookie

I wouldnt question the marshalling at all. top job, spot on with the blue flags in qualifying. thanks very much for all your efforts
Old 9 May 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2877703)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19 View Post
I wouldnt question the marshalling at all. top job, spot on with the blue flags in qualifying. thanks very much for all your efforts

Even though I wasn't racing that day! Always appreciate your work- You must get as frustrated as the drivers at times, and frustrated with them at others.....
Old 10 May 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2877940)   #12
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The circuit is indeed aware of the 'stone' problem at Chapman. The circuit manager came out to look for himself during Saturday's Intersteps race. The biggest culprit was the BMW in the tin-tops. Cutting that corner every lap, you can see evidence in my pics. But instead of just sweeping them back behind the kerbs again..perhaps the track needs to employ a few boy scouts to pick them all up and remove them..when's Bob-a-Job week? But there is a serious amount of flint on the whole site, especially where the new groundworks have been.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2877943)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had cause to notify RC on few occasions regarding the flint Andrew,some of the pieces were too big to ignore. I think Mike has it right, FO kerbing would stop them.
Old 10 May 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2878214)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Penalising touring car drivers for cutting the kerbs would help too as it is, you get them eulogising how good their car is "at riding the kerbs".

Apart from that, how went the circuit? A good addition to the National calendar?
Old 14 May 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2880194)   #15
FA73
Racer

FA73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Anyone else go? What was the racing like? What's the 200 like? Questions, questions.
The new 200 circuit seemed to produce two good races for our Classic FF1600's.

I quite like the new Coram/Murrays bit - controlling the car round the fast right and then getting it set up for a good run through the left is quite a nice challenge and if you can somehow manage to do it better than the bloke in front you can have a go at getting past them up the Senna Straight past the pits and into Riches..

The hairpin is a bit too fiddly although better than the Pembrey one. Unlike Mr Palmer I quite liked the old Sear corner - but after all it is his track !!

I have always really liked the Esses section - now renamed Brundle/Nelson and the Bombhole so am glad that these have been retained for both the new track layouts..
Old 16 May 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2881115)   #16
Steve_Jonosport
Rookie

England
Derby
Steve_Jonosport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the poor sod following the BMW as it cut the corners, and it was really bad. There didn't seem to be much speed gained by cutting it, just threw up the stones. At one point there was a boulder the size of a canon ball on the track, which wasn't there the next time round, so goodness knows what happened. A FO kerb is a must there as its' not going to get any better. Marshalls were superb - I'm always very proud of the commitment British Marshalls have motorsport - Thanks guys and galls.
If you can bear to hear the truths you've spoken, Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your whole life to, broken, And stoop and build'em up with worn out tools...you must be racing a Formula Ford!
Old 16 May 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2881122)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These BTCC Wanna Be's always amaze me,they just dont seem to realise that any 'off track' driving IS being observed and usualy reported.