Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 Aug 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3923578)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They said on the radio that the fence was repaired properly but I never saw a picture of that. If I were the facility manager, after the lessons learned and embarrassment from last year, I would have had at least four 10x100ft rolls of chain link, cordless drills/rebar tying tools, and an ITC front loader ready to go. "It will never happen two years in a row." Don't be this guy because it always happens two years in a row.

Regarding the Rossi/RHR/Sato crash, after seeing most of the relays, I am unable to point the finger at any of them. I also can't blame Sato for going high either. I mean, the green flag is out and give him 6" more room and everyone is talking about a great pass instead.
Robin Miller did say that picture was before Indy officials stepped in and said no way and multiple drivers were in the radio saying they weren't getting back in the cars with that repair.

It does feel like Pocono has just been passed by and promoters only see the (I think fake stat) 1/3 if the US population lives within what they think is decent driving and marketing reach from Pocono. The guy who runs the old racing driver bar in town didn't even know the race was this weekend so I don't think they marketed it much at all. Unlike the claims the track has made. But it does seem like they are struggling as a track and looking to lose another race next season, possibly two if Indy doesn't come back. It looks like they only have a few big events, Indy, Nascar x2 and the air show and they likely are down 50% for 2020. But they have a great solar plan and 3 megawatt array on the back side of the course.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3923631)   #52
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I don't find Pocono any more terrifying than Indy. Texas and the other 1.5-milers are a bit different, with how those tracks are more corner-radius limited, leading to tighter margins at almost the same speeds and more opportunity to pinball off of walls, the flat apron, and other cars.
I agree about that. But apparently Pocono has older fences that need an update.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3923644)   #53
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Regarding the Rossi/RHR/Sato crash, after seeing most of the relays, I am unable to point the finger at any of them. I also can't blame Sato for going high either. I mean, the green flag is out and give him 6" more room and everyone is talking about a great pass instead.
R HR seems to think the case is closed:
https://twitter.com/RyanHunterReay/s...93145585917953

He's been presented exhibits B, C, D and E in the threads. Some people got waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3923653)   #54
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
R HR seems to think the case is closed:
https://twitter.com/RyanHunterReay/s...93145585917953

He's been presented exhibits B, C, D and E in the threads. Some people got waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

I saw that. To be expected from RHR in my opinion.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3923740)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess it's been known but not posted. Felix is cleared for Gateway.

https://racer.com/2019/08/20/rosenqv...te-at-gateway/

Quick search of another article stated that he had "some minor back pain and a bit of a headache".