TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula 1 requires registration WHY???

HI folks formula 1 live timings now require registration
why change it after all this time its still free so whats the point
just another set of password to remember Damn it!!!!
Old 26 May 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1310789)   #2
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe it is because they want to know for sure that we did read their Terms & Conditions (or at least, that we claim to have read them).

Let's be glad that the service still is free.
Let's be glad that they have the decency to use opt-in for their mailing list.

Maybe now they will finally improve their service.

For instance by publishing lap times that at least are "close to" the sum of the sector times.
Or by having comentary that does not contradict the time data.
Old 26 May 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1310800)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's free, so why worry about it?
Old 26 May 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1310824)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that formula1.com or another site? If so I've never had need to register. I'll pop over there now.
Old 26 May 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1310826)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it never required before . seen the thread . just registered ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 May 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1310828)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is and I have. Ta for the heads up.

Perhaps we could get an F1 mod to "sticky this thread".
Old 26 May 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1310874)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too.

At the very least it gets you to agree to the terms and conditions. Which include important copyright information.
Old 26 May 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1310881)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well you can't actually cut and paste the details. You can select and print and it comes out with the copyright on the footer.

I use it for my own records in qualifying, I know I'm sad really.
Old 26 May 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1310888)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
u can do more with the live timming ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 May 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1310947)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Really? When you answer remember this is a family forum.
Old 26 May 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1310956)   #11
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm...OK. Not as important now that this sunday morning business is over with, but useful nonetheless.

Curious, though - is the copyright on the times themselves, or purely on the information that's given on the website?
Old 26 May 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1310965)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It says in the terms and conditions!
Old 26 May 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1310981)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
3. Lap chart screen - a graphic representation of how each driver is fairing over the course of the race

this is added i think . similar chart i think was available on the FIA website . .. i think i've seen it there last year ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 May 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1311000)   #14
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It's free, so why worry about it?
So many companies take your details and sell them on. I've reached this paranoid state where I trust no one based on the 500 Spam e-mails I now get a day, and am long overdue killing off e-mail addresses etc. that are now 99.9% spam and 0.01% real material.

I know FOCA isn't likely to be one of those that acts incorrectly with the data they have, but it could happen.

Therefore, I'd prefer not to register. What I'll probably do is see if I can live without it at the next race - then register if I think it's worth the risk.
Old 26 May 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1311001)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
3. Lap chart screen - a graphic representation of how each driver is fairing over the course of the race

this is added i think . similar chart i think was available on the FIA website . .. i think i've seen it there last year ..
I think this has always been there.
Old 26 May 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1311047)   #16
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It says in the terms and conditions!
Are you supposed to read those?
Old 26 May 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1311055)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
yes .. never do though ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 May 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1311057)   #18
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
We probably belong to Bernie now...oh, well.
Old 26 May 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1311107)   #19
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've registered!
Old 26 May 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1311124)   #20
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth

This one is live.

You can view it anytime during the race.
Old 26 May 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1311125)   #21
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
So many companies take your details and sell them on. I've reached this paranoid state where I trust no one based on the 500 Spam e-mails I now get a day, and am long overdue killing off e-mail addresses etc. that are now 99.9% spam and 0.01% real material.

I know FOCA isn't likely to be one of those that acts incorrectly with the data they have, but it could happen.

Therefore, I'd prefer not to register. What I'll probably do is see if I can live without it at the next race - then register if I think it's worth the risk.
Actually, the e-mail list is opt-in.

In other words, you will not get the e-mail, unless you take some action.
If you do want the email, you have to click a box *yourself*.
Old 27 May 2005, 02:41 (Ref:1311223)   #22
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I registered, Formula1.com is my only means to live anything for F1. The coverage here in Oz is virtually non existant for qualifying and practice sessions so im greatful to the live timing sites.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 27 May 2005, 02:47 (Ref:1311226)   #23
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
I registered, Formula1.com is my only means to live anything for F1. The coverage here in Oz is virtually non existant for qualifying and practice sessions so im greatful to the live timing sites.
agreed - unless it the V8 Supercars we get next to nothing

me = registerd
Old 28 May 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1312653)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K
Actually, the e-mail list is opt-in.

In other words, you will not get the e-mail, unless you take some action.
If you do want the email, you have to click a box *yourself*.
The reason there are opt-in boxes, are because people are so used to clicking the opt-out box, they end up opting in by accident if they don't bother reading it.

I once saw an opt-in box contain a double negative, so were you opting in or not
Old 28 May 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1312672)   #25
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It won't take 2 minutes to create an email account specially for all registration purposes. Let the spams flood that email account, as long as it keeps the main account clean.

But still, don't understand the need for registration, and i think it is actually a silly move.