Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 May 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3249490)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
ERX - Round 3 Nyirád Hungary May 25-26

One week to go.
No entrylist published?
Old 19 May 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3249833)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what? As long as venue is already published...
Old 19 May 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3249905)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
So what? As long as venue is already published...
I don't understand what you mean.

IIRC normally entrylist is published 1 week before the event.
Old 20 May 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3250662)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list is up:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...or-round-three

19 Supercars
7 Touring Cars
20 Super 1600
3 JRX
Old 20 May 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3250678)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Entry list is up:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...or-round-three

19 Supercars
7 Touring Cars
20 Super 1600
3 JRX
No Castoral?

Only 3 cars in JRX...why keep that series alive?
Old 20 May 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3250699)   #6
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I don't understand what you mean.
Just a bit of sarcasm.
Old 20 May 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3250701)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Good point here! Strange enough, with even less competitors now the class has been upgraded to a "FIA International Series"...
Old 21 May 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3251071)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
The Norwegian said: “First of all we concentrated on trying to get the reliability of the car right, then we wanted to improve the speed. We’ve been working so hard on both of these things and now I think we’re really getting somewhere. The main thing is that we’ve got another 80 horsepower and that’s going to make a big, big difference – especially when it comes to getting off the line. I can really feel it.” Given that Petter’s pace already allowed him to finish eight seconds ahead of his nearest rival during the semi-finals in Portugal last month, the latest evolution of his DS3 SuperCar is set to take Hungary by storm.
80 bhp is a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Good point here! Strange enough, with even less competitors now the class has been upgraded to a "FIA International Series"...
I assume because people behind JRX are heavily involved in Supercars.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3251076)   #9
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 Super1600's on the list is not bad.
Old 21 May 2013, 13:40 (Ref:3251138)   #10
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No Castoral?

He looked pretty peed off after being penalised for a jump start at Portugal, replays to me suggested he was not at fault.

JRX, well at least watching them being towed in after another breakdown will help shorten the long breaks In all seriousness though I think Set Promotions last year decided it was a waste of time and money, shame the FIA didn't see likewise.

After seeing a tweet from Andrew Coley claiming a "mega" entry was then disappointed to only see 19 supercars of which 3 are locals and I doubt particually competitive. Super 1600s looks a little better even without the extra local drivers so can only hope this continues.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3251574)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
80 bhp is a lot.
I read the Solberg comment and that line jumped out at me. An extra 80 BHP from the engine is a lot, an extra 80 BHP from the engine in its restricted form would be a hell of a lot. Still BHP is just a number, I would think its the delivery of power thats more relevant in rallycross: a BHP figure doesn't tell you that.

With his pace in round 2 though its going to be interesting seeing how Solberg fares in Hungary.

Not a "massive" entry or huge jump in numbers, but the entries are consistent for the most part so far, so RX has at least delivered on that promise.
Old 23 May 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3252351)   #12
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
He looked pretty peed off after being penalised for a jump start at Portugal, replays to me suggested he was not at fault.
Even under the new, updated regulations you can get penalised without moving during the startsequence.
If your car was put to close to the detection system by the startgrid people i.e. within the detection limits, or you move a little (but to much) forward by selecting gear etc, the system will signal your car as having jumped the start, the moment it is switched on although you don't move! That's why we have the 12 +/- 2cm to avoid that as good as possible.
If I was a driver, I would ask to have the mandatory videorecording of my alleged jump start viewed. As far as I know, you don't need to make an official protest to question the jump/startsystem and view your video.
But there's a problem with that within the regulations. Only the green/start light has to be recorded, not the beginning of the startsequence, the moment the jumpstart detection system is switched on (and detects an already within detection limits but non-moving car) . So the video is rewinded and on replay will show your car moving or not and that's it. Because there isn't a start, there isn't green light recorded in the video. Not even the orange/yellow light indicating that there is an jumpstart is recorded.
So errors can happen and until the FIA changes the regulation on the jumpstart detection system they will happen.
p.s. Start/jumpstart systems may vary from track to track of course, but this is what is in the FIA regs, the minimal requirements for the system.

So yeah, without having seen it from close up, I think he has a right to be peed off, double so because he can't proof his innocence within the current regs. Pretty important if you ask me because of the concequences when an error is made.
Old 25 May 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3253026)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Castoral is racing in Hungary.
Old 25 May 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3253038)   #14
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know anything about Harsanyi? Just won his heat against Hedstrom and Walfridson so must have something about him, but as a relative newcomer to the sport I've never heard of him before.
Old 25 May 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3253056)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Blimey, Liam is flying in the first set of heats...

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/result...yirad_2013.pdf

...over a second up on Jeanney.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3253674)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Day one highlight video...

http://youtu.be/YHc-s-rscME

...and day two highlight video...

http://youtu.be/RFmx-1w4aec

...personally think these highlight videos are getting a little bit better. Could still do with more race coverage (and TC and S1600 results), but these seem more ordered than previous clips to me.
Old 27 May 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3254001)   #17
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
Anyone know anything about Harsanyi? Just won his heat against Hedstrom and Walfridson so must have something about him, but as a relative newcomer to the sport I've never heard of him before.
Baldy Man? Doing Rallycross for many a year. Home advantage at Nyirád, knows the track very well. However, with a 7th and a 5th heat time he really impressed, and not only me. But Vass (the other Mitsu driver) was also not bad, seen he's been twice 9th fastest in qualification.

http://www.rallycrossmedia.hu/wp-con...olt%C3%A1n.jpg
Old 27 May 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3254108)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
3 Locals in semi-finals. Very good result.

This is one of the reasons I am against fixed grids.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3256295)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tv show very good

Standard of driving, absolutely pathetic

Utter garbage, if I wanted to see bangers I would go to Wimbledon stadium, Timur on the last lap just utterly rammed his damn teammate!

Garbage sorry
Old 1 Jun 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3256383)   #20
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the Eurosport coverage - fantastic looked great in HD, very slick production, Andrew Jordan commentary was also insightful and Andrew Coley did a great job behind the mic.

So many punctures didn't help the drivers and it ended in disaster for the drivers who clipped the wall, I'd suggest a grass verge gets put in there for next year.

First corner there was a fair bit of contact (that's rallycross) but Petter Solberg showed you could just go round the outside on the first corner and make up a few places!

IMG have done a really good job with this coverage in my view. Could have done with more Super1600 and Touringcar races though, maybe make another programme for them a bit like what Motors seem to be doing this year with the BRC coverage. I hope the Belgium/Dutch drivers take note of the high quality exposure it could give them and get a ERX round next year.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3256432)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol Ebb, it has nothing to do with the Benelux guys wanting to miss out

It has EVERYTHING to do with RX charging tens of thousands of pounds in licence and registration fees and those countries (like Poland and Czech) realising their rounds would be run at a loss

Just plain greed from a bunc of idiots who have no idea how minor this sport is in the world.

Start small, get the tv right (which they are) then try and get more people involved, don't start big, charge a fortune for it and hope it makes people pay more to be involved, so much more they cant make any profit from running their event.

Not every track is bankrolled by Doran millions and can afford to make a loss or not even break even
Old 1 Jun 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3256535)   #22
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
I hope the Belgium/Dutch drivers take note of the high quality exposure it could give them and get a ERX round next year.
What exposure? It is not broadcasted here!
Old 1 Jun 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3256551)   #23
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crazy! Missing out that sucks
Old 3 Jun 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3256976)   #24
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the coverage thought it was one of the best thus far. Some good racing but some dreadful driving standards. I know you get contact in rallycross but some of them were really a bit over board. Petter had that Joker lap sussed out better than anybody, really impressive to watch.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3257013)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Agreed Andy, the driving has always been a bit below par in rallycross, but nearly every race you saw on there some contact was involved. So many rammings and just basic plantng into people.

I did chuckle at Doran "this is rallycross things like this happen" You mean clipping a wall then that everyone else misses! lol And little sympathy for MDK, one of the dirtiest drives out there, gets his just desserts, anyone who has seen his teddy throwing barge antics in the Belgian series will know this.

I feel sorry fo Laboulle, a really nice guy, needs better drivers in that car, get Lysen in it, he would be A Final every week in that 208.