Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Oct 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3776577)   #51
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks good though they had not confirmed details on the site, am presuming you contacted them directly?

And let's be honest, money is less of an object to tick off a bucket list thing like that.

Back to WRX, I would guess DTM didn't want to budge timetables etc for WRX, and why should they, we were backdooring their event. Plus DTM is going to be struggling next year after losing a manufacturer. SO they are unlikely to feel like helping out much especially if IMG are asking for a few grand.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3776588)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Looks good though they had not confirmed details on the site, am presuming you contacted them directly?
I first made contact with them via their Facebook page, then had a few phone conversations with the main man to confirm details/answer questions.

Some of the excursions were set in stone before we left, others were slotted in based on timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And let's be honest, money is less of an object to tick off a bucket list thing like that.
Yeah, I wouldn't bother with some of the manufacturer museums again, but while we were there it was worth giving them a look.

The Pagani factory tour was well worth it though, the workshop is unreal!
Old 3 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3778429)   #53
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#WorldRX BarcelonaRX 2018 tickets available here: https://proticketing.com/barcelonarx...as/evento/9714 €25 for the weekend - fantastic event last year and in 2018 includes EuroRX Supercars & S1600. #silverstonewhatajoke
Old 8 Nov 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3779489)   #54
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timo Scheider and BMW is up to something.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29286497083715
Old 14 Nov 2017, 08:52 (Ref:3780354)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another little snippet of 2018 news on the World Rallycross website:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ch-junior-team

Guerlain Chicherit is backing a junior team which will run Clios in the European Rallycross Championship and select World rounds.

I saw one of the announcements from Kristoffersson made mention of 2018 (I can't find the post now, sure it was on Facebook), so it looks like he'll be back with VW next year (no real surprise there!).
Old 14 Nov 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3780473)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Developing Megane and Clio supercar...makes sense?
Old 15 Nov 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3780568)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Developing Megane and Clio supercar...makes sense?
I assume the Clios will just be the current cars whilst the Meganes are the new builds. I'd expect the Clios to be replaced with the first Meganes when an updated Megane is produced (assuming the program lasts long enough for another step of Megane to be needed).
Old 15 Nov 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3780621)   #58
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Guerlain Chicherit's Facebook

"G-FORS, a collaboration between myself &*FORS Performance, will debut brand-new Renault Clio R.S. RX in the*FIA World Rallycross Championship*next season.
This is in addition to my*GCK*Renault*Megane R.S. RX*#WorldRXproject.”

FORS Preformance will build the new Clio 4 and Prodrive the Megane.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3780714)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Seven round RX2 Championship confirmed for 2018:

RX2 R1 - Mettet, Belgium (World RX R3)
RX2 R2 - Silverstone, UK (World RX R4)
RX2 R3 - Hell, Norway (World RX R5)
RX2 R4 - Holjes, Sweden (World RX R6)
RX2 R5 - Trois-Rivières, Canada (World RX R7)
RX2 R6 - Lohéac, France (World RX R8)
RX2 R7 - Cape Town, South Africa (World RX R12)
Old 16 Nov 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3780755)   #60
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post

"G-FORS, a collaboration between myself &*FORS Performance, will debut brand-new Renault Clio R.S. RX in the*FIA World Rallycross Championship*next season.

Looks like I was wrong then - I gave them far too much credit and assumed some common sense. Why on earth use 2 different new build models? That makes zero sense.
Old 21 Nov 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3781942)   #61
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
First driver confirmed for the G-FORS Clios:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...ith-new-g-fors

I think this must signal the arrival of the annual driver list!

GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - Guerlain Chicherit (World RX)
GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - ? (World RX)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Johan Kristoffersson (World RX?)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Petter Solberg? (World RX?)

G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - Jere Kalliokoski (Euro RX)
G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - ? (Euro RX)

I can't find the link where Kristoffersson mentions returning in the Polo for 2017 and, although I assume he will be back, I haven't seen anything official from Solberg yet. If anyone has any links then please post them up and I will add them in!
Old 21 Nov 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3781963)   #62
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Loeb and Peugeot. Doesn't make any mention of confirmed drivers (unless one assumes Loeb).
http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...om-peugeot-and

Otherwise there are tons of rumours but nothing official.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3782201)   #63
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Couple of interesting stories on the Autosport website. Firstly, Ekstrom, is making positive noises about returning next year:

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...th-audi-rising

And Marcus Gronholm is apparently in talks with Hyundai about running a two car team:

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...i-for-world-rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Loeb and Peugeot. Doesn't make any mention of confirmed drivers (unless one assumes Loeb).
http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...om-peugeot-and
Don't know how I managed to forget that one!

GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - Guerlain Chicherit (World RX)
GCK - Renault Megane RS RX - ? (World RX)
Peugeot Sport? - Peugeot 208 - Sebastien Loeb (World RX)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Johan Kristoffersson (World RX?)
PSRXVW - Volkswagen Polo - Petter Solberg? (World RX?)

G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - Jere Kalliokoski (Euro RX)
G-FORS - Renault Clio RS RX - ? (Euro RX)

Last edited by tbtstt; 22 Nov 2017 at 14:30.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3782213)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post

Stephane Orré of FORS is/was also involved with Albatec. He owns also MTechnologies and was involved with Marc Laboulle in ERC.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3783785)   #65
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Another story on the Scheider/BMW rumour:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-rx-programme/
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3783789)   #66
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Remember of proposal for an electric rallycross championship. Manufacturers seem very interested in it, as they can promote electric road cars (unlike LMP1 and Formula E).
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3783796)   #67
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Remember of proposal for an electric rallycross championship. Manufacturers seem very interested in it, as they can promote electric road cars (unlike LMP1 and Formula E).
Also because the races are short battery life (or lack of) isn't an issue.

Still sound dreadful though
Old 28 Nov 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3783821)   #68
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
It feels forced with electric cars. "It's the future" and "rallycross is suitable for electric cars" seems to be the only reason why it's happening. Personally it's getting quite annoying to hear about.

I understand that electric cars are the future for road cars and I don't mind having a class for them. But rallycross is turning electric in a quite unnatural way I think. Capito said a few years ago it was suitable for rallycross and suddenly it became a serious thing.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3783836)   #69
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a good idea for RX as the races are short and there is time between them to charge. Easier to build electric RX cars than F1, WRC, WEC.

But there is a lot of contact. So it needs to be well thought out.

they Are ONLY doing it to try and entice manufacturers, that will be the ONLY reason BMW are even looking

And then what, how on earth does that translate in any way to ANY other RX series in the world.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3783874)   #70
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I do understand the positives about it and I'm not opposed it really. It just feels a bit unnatural considering how rallycross has an identity as being a "roaring" and a bit tough motorsport. There is quite a resentment against electric cars from many rallycross fans.

USA has a planned electric RX series that is about to start and Andros Trophy has a class for electric cars also. I wonder if there might be more such classes in the future.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3784073)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Bakkerud to look at WRC2 if a rallycross drive isn't an option for 2018:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...it-984272/?s=1
Old 29 Nov 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3784167)   #72
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Strange move.
Wouldn't ERX make more sense?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3785674)   #73
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Photo just appeared on the LD Motorsport Facebook page:

Looks like Liam has one of the JRM MINI's?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3785693)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
He's allowed to drive again?
Old 7 Dec 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3785718)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It was his car anyway, he has had it for years, it was a Prodrive car and the one he used in berlin.

Then put the 2.0 engine in it, was in Italy last week making the 200 fall to bits in the Monza rally.

I really would not trust a lawnmower to last a full mow built buy his crew, some of the most shoddily put together cars I ahve seen in all my days the LD cars.