Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2000, 17:50 (Ref:1094)   #1
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Folks,

I wasn't mainly wondering who peoples favourite teams were but why they are people's favourite teams. Eg. Why do you like Ferrari/McLaren?
My favourite team is Jordan and that is beause when I started watching F1 their bright coloured cars catched my attention. I then liked them because of their fun image.

Ally.
Old 18 May 2000, 20:26 (Ref:1095)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The things that I like about various F1 teams...

Mclaren...they have over the years been one of the most dominant racing teams in F1. Evoking professionalism and a dedicated focus on the championship.

Ferrari...The one team that may truly be the soul of F1. Even to this day the Ferrari team carries the soul of Il Commendatore with them to the track.

Williams...One of the few teams willing to buck the trends and take chances with drivers and technology alike. They also have an incredible pedigree of engineering talent.

Jordan...A team with a sense of character that goes beyond the racing. The team is an extension of Eddie Jorda's personality.

Sauber...A team that gives the impression of a Swiss watch. Even theough they have not done as well as they should, one cannot discount their efficiency.

BAR...One of the truest upstart teams. They honestly expect to do well, even when it is obvious they will struggle with inferior equipment.

Minardi...The underdog that so many secretly wish to succeed. They are like the football team at the bottom rank that still plays the champion as hard as they possibly can and deserve respect for it.
Old 18 May 2000, 21:05 (Ref:1096)   #3
DNF
Rookie

DNF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite team is Jordan. When I first started watching F1 the sole reason I supported them because I'm Irish. From then on however I have seen the charisma with which Eddie Jordan has handled the team. They also seem to be one of the only teams that are out there because they are enjoying it, not for $$$.(Minardi being another)

Although they are never No.1 they are by far the most enjoyable to watch. Thay are always very lively and their competitive spirit is matched only by BAR.
Old 18 May 2000, 22:35 (Ref:1097)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always liked the Two Red Cars solely because of the Ferrari mystique - although frequently I have not felt so about their pilotes. It would not be F1 without Ferrari.

But my favourite team, as many have already said, is Jordan. I like the way they treat their pilotes, I like the personal touch that EJ gives the team, I like the colours and the cars - and especially I like their grit. You don't hear any whining and complaining from anybody on that team when the cars go pop. I wonder if Jean Alesi might have become tranquil and possibly more successful if he'd stayed with EJ. Probably not. But you never know.

Forza Jordan! FRENZY FOR WDC!
Old 19 May 2000, 03:14 (Ref:1098)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've always been really fond of UOP Shadow..DOH!

Actually, I realy like Prost, I was always very fond of Ligier and the interest has carried over to Prost. Its too bad that they're so discombobulated this year-and I had hoped for so much.
I also like Jordan, but honestly, I'm more a fan of the drivers than the teams,> And Liz is right, it wouldn't be F1 without Ferrari.
Old 19 May 2000, 03:30 (Ref:1099)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I mentioned on another thread that I started watching in the Mansell years, and that naturally drew me to Williams. Through thick and thin, Good drivers coming, and more often than not going again, the Grove team always carried itself with professionalism. The fact that FW was in a wheelchair (esp. after having been a keen athlete) proved to me their detirmination.
KC is right, they're never afraid to buck the trend, take a chance, in fact, their progress has looked secondary almost to their participation.
Mansell, Hill, Senna, Coulthard, Villeneuve; there have been greats in the driving seat. They've all moved on (Senna a little too far on ) But new life has arrived at the door, a new engine, sponsor, drivers...
There is definately an upbeat mood again in the Williams camp. I'm glad I never lost faith!
Old 19 May 2000, 12:53 (Ref:1100)   #7
jack
Rookie

jack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No question about my favourite team: Jordan.
Why? Well, no.1, I'm Irish. Back in late 1990ish I watched a TV progamme on RTE (Irish TV) profiling this crazy Dubliner who was setting up his own F1 team. I've been a fan ever since.
Looking at the posts, it's amazing how popular Jordan are. No wonder EJ didn't want to sell up to Honda. Alliance with a major manufacturer may be inevitable, but Jordan's high profile & huge fan base compared to all but Ferrari may lead to some exciting future developments...
I'm also a huge HHF fan - both of his driving & off-track dignity & humility.
Old 19 May 2000, 13:51 (Ref:1101)   #8
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because my favorite sports cars have always been; and my hands still bear the scars of the scraps and cuts from bleeding the brakes, tuning the carbs and replacing the head gaskets of.....Jaguars
Old 19 May 2000, 14:48 (Ref:1102)   #9
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR: because despite being a corporate team it is the culmination of a shared dream by three men JV, Adrian Reynard and Craig Pollock. These guys went for it and did it. I hope they succeed.
Old 19 May 2000, 15:03 (Ref:1103)   #10
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Right now it's BAR & BMWilliams because of their gutsy drivers and they're coming back from out of the toilet. Speaking of toilets, I wonder if MS soiled himself after the Friday second practice results?
Old 19 May 2000, 15:20 (Ref:1104)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MINARDI: They're doin' it 4 luv!
FERRARI: The passion behind this team is something to behold; the real deal.
JORDAN: A bit of tounge-in-cheek in an often stuffy industry.
Old 20 May 2000, 18:01 (Ref:1105)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do I love Minardi so???

i) They're in it to RACE
ii) UKYO drove for them!

Minardi have a passion for F1 which only Jordan comes close to having (which explains why they are my second favourites!) No matter what, Minardi are there giving it their all. To do what they do on such a tiny budget is phenomenal - did you realise they are 2000's most improved team, their lap times up by over TWO seconds????

GO MINARDI!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!