Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Roberto Merhi 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Jul 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3561193)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Hungarian Grand Prix 2015

Who is the driver who you think performed best?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3561264)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fernando Alonso got the best result of the gear, and gets my vote.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3561283)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebastian Vettel, because he broke the record for the most total wins of Senna's. And this was my reaction. And with that I played Tema de V*toria when Vettel crossed the finish line, meanwhile I was watching the finish.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3561284)   #4
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo drove a blinder, and Vettel for winning from start to finish, Alonso for coming 5th, Hammy for coming 6th despite almost everything against him. I liked Ricciardo the most this time
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3561294)   #5
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was sitting comfortable controlling the race from second place, saving fuel and tyres until the last stint until...

Even Maurizio was crying over Kimi post race interview...
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3561299)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel for me.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3561301)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Alonso at his relentless best. Even willing to push the pig of a car, uphill, back into the pits to try and finish a session he had little chance of progressing with. Really can't imagine anybody else getting a fifth out of it, even given the circumstances.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3561306)   #8
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a lot of good drivers today, hard to choose between Vettel,Kvyat, Max or Alonso

but I voted for Max since this was also the best result for Toro Rosso since Vettels win at Monza.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3561308)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going to give it to Fingerman. He was just on form today. Fingerman of old.

My heart goes out to Kimi. The car let him down today.

I think I'll give 2nd place to Kyvat. Let his teammate through under team orders - and managed to put in a superb race to get 2nd - his 1st podium - and despite his little time penalty.

3rd place for Danny Boy. He just loves Hungary!

Yeah - I nearly, missed out on the old matador that is Alonso. Good overtake on Sainz - and a good result in a dog of a car.

Now - wally(ies) of the race = both Mercedes drivers. What were they doing today? Being complete ****s!
Old 26 Jul 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3561315)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso was great but Vettel for me.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:22 (Ref:3561328)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel. Pounced at the beginning and did everything else right to not get caught.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:23 (Ref:3561330)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3561342)   #13
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me. In a race where everyone else seemed to lose their minds, he drove a flawless Grand Prix and finished higher than it was ever to be expected with this car.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3561353)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So many considerations - both Red Bull drivers looked strong, Ricciardo being fantastic on the brakes, Hulkenberg again quick, Vettel flawless, Raikkonen decent. Alonso was excellent, as was Max Verstappen. Romain Grosjean shouldn't be forgotten about. A seventh his reward, way above his team-mate.

Hamilton made too many mistakes for driver of the Grand Prix but he kept at it and had strong pace and enough moves to demonstrably outperform Rosberg, despite the aforementioned errors. I'm going to have to sleep on this one.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3561355)   #15
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me, no way should that car have finished 5th.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3561412)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel for me, if for no other reason than his dignified tribute to Jules on his wind-down lap........

His race-pace wasn't bad either.......
Old 26 Jul 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3561419)   #17
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo by a long way. His braking outstanding, brilliant strategy in quali. to save fresh tyres. Would have won if Messers Bottas , Hamilton and THEN Rosberg all crashing into him. Worst driver Hamilton, for a guy with his experience to make such silly mistakes and then blame everyone else GROW UP Lewis. Maldonardo s' performance just plain disgraceful NOT up to F1 quality.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3561425)   #18
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer View Post
....... Worst driver Hamilton, for a guy with his experience to make such silly mistakes and then blame everyone else GROW UP Lewis. Maldonardo s' performance just plain disgraceful NOT up to F1 quality.
what did you hear that I didn't - all I heard was a clear admission he made mistakes and an abject-sounding apology on radio to his team. He also said much the same on fb.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:47 (Ref:3561446)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel for me, simply flawless.

Honourable mention to Max, great job.

Also Rogro and Sainz.

Kvyat too for an excellent drive and no princess factor to letting his faster team mate; at that stage in the race; through!

Last edited by wnut; 27 Jul 2015 at 00:17.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3561447)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
what did you hear that I didn't - all I heard was a clear admission he made mistakes and an abject-sounding apology on radio to his team. He also said much the same on fb.
He was blaming Rosberg for pushing him off on the team radio at the beginning, Rosberg had nothing to do with his tour of the kitty litter.

Lewis is much better than that performance, I think Bauble's comment on the red mist that seems to descend on Lewis when he is passed is pretty accurate, if he had bided his time a little he would have won. Still the tiger is what makes him fast and entertaining to watch, though not driver of the race here!
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3561450)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite a tough one. Would have given it to Vettel pre-SC, but once the SC was out he was unable to gap Rosberg. Strange that, considering he pulled 27s over Rosberg up till the SC. I'd say he's very lucky Rosberg had no faith in his own ability and put the wrong tyres on.

Seb almost had 10sec over Kimi as well before he ran into issues, so I can't see how you can possibly give Kimi DOTR. The Ferrari's were on the same tyres.

Kyvat was just too slow in the first stint and a bit of a mobile chicane, the SC saved his race. Don't forget he was 85s behind Vettel before the SC.
Ricciardo too performed well, much faster than Kyvat, but was still 45s down on Vettel pre SC.

Really Vettel was the most deserving of winning this race, and that SC very nearly ruined it for him. In a way, if those tyres were 2sec a lap faster, plus Ricc had almost a brand new set he'd saved in quali, then he should have blown past Nico and Seb. His move on Nico wasn't exactly class, something you'd expect from Markelov or Maldonado.

Otherwise there's Alonso, I never thought we'd see a McLaren finish 5th this year. He did well, although the SC did help him too. And was he on the softer tyres for that last stint?

Verstappen was okay too, although RB/TR clearly suit this track.

Hamilton looked like an amateur out there, and so did Rosberg with his move on Ricciardo.

So maybe a draw between Vettel and Alonso.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3561457)   #22
wnut
Veteran

Now get off the fence, pull the splinters out, and vote for one of them Razzzy!
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:30 (Ref:3561460)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted for Mr Maldonado.. he always brightens up the race, and does some serious on-track in-field crash structure testing.. when not speeding in the pitlane..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:35 (Ref:3561467)   #24
wnut
Veteran

Driver steward Emanuele Pirro!
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3561470)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Driver steward Emanuele Pirro!
I remember him, he drove for Scuderia Italia in that Dallara and won Le Mans a number of times.