Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 27 May 2000, 23:20 (Ref:4889)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems a bit varied at the mo. The main forum page is taking longer to load, the individual forums and topics seem quicker. While writing this the icons were slower to load.
Old 27 May 2000, 23:20 (Ref:4890)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday and today it has been very fast to load, which is a vast impovement! Also it lets me type while it's loading the smilies, which it didn't before. A very good move, I think.
Old 28 May 2000, 09:30 (Ref:4888)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Please report how you find the new server - is it faster and more reliable than the old one. If not, please offer details so that we can work towards fixing any problems which may be occuring.

Thanks.
Old 28 May 2000, 14:32 (Ref:4891)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I never had a major problem before but it does seem a little quicker to me ..the only problem that ive found is when using my back button it takes a bit of time load but other than that it seems ok to use...Bravo !!

actually i have just come across another problem but have posted a topic about it in the forum admin section

[This message has been edited by marcus (edited 28 May 2000).]
Old 28 May 2000, 19:33 (Ref:4892)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the impression it's faster which is great.
Although yesterday evening European time there was a moment when I couldn't enter The Gravel Trap because it said there were too many items open.
Don't know what this means but the problem solved itself later.
Old 30 May 2000, 13:10 (Ref:4893)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh the irony...

Accelerated? I don't think so.

Ten-Tenths has virtually ground to a halt thanks to this apparently 'accelerated' site.
It is now so slow that my screensaver comes on whilst it the computer tries in vain to start up the opening page. It also takes an age to load anything else.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 30 May 2000, 18:21 (Ref:4894)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, it seems as though we choose a bad time to ask that question! According to Chris, our server admin, there is currently some problems with routing on the UK network.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Regrettably, that INS link that I told you about covers more than just Demon, it would also seem to extend to FreeServe too..

Anyway - they have identified the problem, which is a broken fibre somewhere, and they are doing something about it currently. We're also telling our servers to route traffic through Nacamar instead of INS - I'm hoping this will cut down any problems..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you encounter problems connecting to the site, please feel free to send a copy of a traceroute to ten-tenths.accelerator.org which you conduct at the time of the problem to serveradmin@ten-tenths.com

Thanks.

PS to Gerard's problem. Chris very quickly adjusted the server setup when I alerted him to this problem so, hopefully, not many people were bothered by it.
Old 30 May 2000, 20:19 (Ref:4895)   #8
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minardi fan:

Accelerated? I don't think so.

It is now so slow that my screensaver comes on
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have the Minardi Server, I think it's provided by Telefonica.

Old 30 May 2000, 22:23 (Ref:4896)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday morning I could not get on at all, although I was able to access the rest of the web. By the time I got home from work it was fine. No problems since then.
Old 31 May 2000, 13:38 (Ref:4897)   #10
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too, Liz.

Speed seems up and down. Pages will flash onto the screen almost immediately, and then next time I log on, it can take minutes...

The last time I tried to access the site was Sunday night, after the 500, and I only managed to post a couple before my PC went phut...

After I rebooted from floppy, my temp folders were empty, so I thought it was my doing!

Although I've been as sick as a sick dog, (who's very sick) I'm back.
So it hasn't affected me too much!

Glad it's OK now!!

Old 1 Jun 2000, 05:10 (Ref:4898)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree with a few of you in saying that it is a bit dodgy....qucik sometimes, no go the next minute...
Old 1 Jun 2000, 14:32 (Ref:4899)   #12
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crash Test:
I have to agree with a few of you in saying that it is a bit dodgy....qucik sometimes, no go the next minute...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. I feel I must apologise. You see I am now looking after the ten-tenths site (it's on my server) - I'm in the process of setting up my own hosting/ISP company, and I offered my services to Craig because he was after a few more features at a lower price than his old hosting company..

Anyway - shortly after the move it became clear that the company we use for hooking our network up to the rest of the world - INS - was having a spot of bother.. (see other posts)

INS have now owned up to having a problem with some of their Cisco kit dropping packets - this accounts for the why the site seems slow one moment, and then quick the next - information is being lost through one of these routers.

It looks like they might have got it sorted now though..

If you want to find out some more, have a look at INS's status page at www1.insnet.net look at the ticket marked "High packet lose on man1gw2"
Old 1 Jun 2000, 14:51 (Ref:4900)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For what it's worth, I just wanted to say that my humble system, working with AOL and Internet Explorer is talking quite happily to ten-tenths.

I experienced a certain tardiness when using the back button at first, but even that seems to have been improved.

One curious feature - does anyone else get troubled with an intermittent "Object moved" default? It springs up usually when I'm moving to and from the "What you're talking about" summary, but it's even tripped me up accessing the members list.

It's no biggie.

But in a world where the only feedback is usually a brickbat, I thought I'd offer a bouquet.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 14:55 (Ref:4901)   #14
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim

I quite often get an object moved and if I go there I get a blank page except for an ad banner!

I can get round it by going back if I get the object moved notice and trying again. Still a pain though.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 16:07 (Ref:4902)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too although its worse when using IE4. Aol is a lot better but it still does it sometimes.
Old 4 Jun 2000, 03:55 (Ref:4903)   #16
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems very variable to me. I have not noticed any speed improvements, but at some times of the day the forums are completely unusable.

I did a trace, it takes 18 hops for my stuff in Ottawa Canada to get to the ten-tenths server. Those INS hops seem to be pretty slow. If there is a broken fibre somewhere, I can understand, as it all seems to be blocked up at one INS hop.
Old 5 Jun 2000, 15:25 (Ref:4904)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since that chain-smoking twit Flabbio Briatore nicked the Telefonica sponsorship, I don't care. Much.

Ten-Tenths is still soooooooooooo slow! Please please please make it go faster! PLEASE!

It refuses to load the start page sometimes! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Old 6 Jun 2000, 04:11 (Ref:15766)   #18
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to ran on your parade also - this new setup is pathetically slow, even compared to the old one! It usually takes over a minute for any page to load, sometimes even longer !

'Course, it might in my case be that the signals have to find their way to Indy, & we all know what a backwater this place can be!

I'd also suggest that you fnd a way to keep the Administrators private postings out of the " What you are saying" listing.

Good luck!
Old 6 Jun 2000, 12:29 (Ref:15811)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, i think this new setup is a big improvement, kudos.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 19:22 (Ref:15894)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
As i've said before, we would welcome you to send us a copy of a traceroute to ten-tenths.accelerator.org at the time of a 'go slow' - this is the only way we can track down and rectify any possible problems.

Thanks.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 04:06 (Ref:16005)   #21
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have been having a few problems...and put it down to the fact that once again, internet technology had thwarted my trusty old 486... but apparently not..*S*

I also have a problem with the "back" button, and most times it will only load a page with the ads etc...and not load the threads. After a few presses of the "reload" button, I seem to load everything.

When everything decides to actually load, it loads much much faster than the previous version.

I think I will sit back and see what happens, as time goes on and things settle into my cache memory, it should get better.

Cheers!