Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Dec 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4189170)   #101
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yet more work for our poor overworked and underpaid moderators here as for the next two years this ever-changing named team goes through yet another iteration, meaning that the title of this thread needs to be altered yet again!

It's now going to be named as Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber, Stake being a betting company and Kick being an online streaming enterprise.

Out of interest, does the fact that Stake is an online business have any ramifications in the States as I believe that online betting was not legal in the USA?
Old 15 Dec 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4189175)   #102
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's now going to be named as Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber, Stake being a betting company and Kick being an online streaming enterprise.
That name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it!

Quote:
Out of interest, does the fact that Stake is an online business have any ramifications in the States as I believe that online betting was not legal in the USA?
Probably not? I think the legality is defined state by state and even then I can't imagine there are any laws that would prohibit the advertisement?

Richard
Old 15 Dec 2023, 23:28 (Ref:4189180)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s hard to go ten minutes watching sport in the US without hearing an online betting commercial. Although most it will be the various state variations and helplines for you if you can’t stop when the fun stops. Where are the helplines to get over hearing the incessant commercials is what I want to know.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4189205)   #104
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post

Probably not? I think the legality is defined state by state and even then I can't imagine there are any laws that would prohibit the advertisement?

Richard

Out of interest last year Stake was a naming sponsor for 'Alfa Romeo F1'.
In the US based races run at Miami and Vegas they were entered as Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake. I imagine the State (gambling) laws in Nevada and Florida to be more tolerant than Texas.... at COTA they were entered as Alfa Romeo F1 Team Kick, ie the more online gambling focus Stake was swapped for the more streaming orientated Kick.

Incidentally it might be a problem faced in other markets globally.... Alfa Romeo F1 entered Belgium and Qatar as Kick also, with Stake being used as the entrant for the rest of the season.
Old 16 Dec 2023, 21:13 (Ref:4189275)   #105
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's just call them Sauber again, shall we? I'm sure those long term Tenthers who refused to call them anything else on the just few seasons will be delighted!
Old 16 Dec 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4189279)   #106
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Let's just call them Sauber again, shall we? I'm sure those long term Tenthers who refused to call them anything else on the just few seasons will be delighted!
Oh no!
Those who don't want to kick Sauber can call it Kick Team Stake Sauber F1 and those who want to Kick Sauber can call it Stake F1 Team Kick Sauber....
Old 16 Dec 2023, 23:08 (Ref:4189283)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Completely agree with you!
Old 17 Dec 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4189369)   #108
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I can see this as is going to be one of those classic "team Enstone" pedantry battles at some point next year...
Old 18 Dec 2023, 01:46 (Ref:4189378)   #109
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I can see this as is going to be one of those classic "team Enstone" pedantry battles at some point next year...
Yes. And while the new Sauber name is weird given the sponsors names, we could just as easily make fun of Mercedes for example. Still the Sauber name is pretty awful. And who knows what will Red Bull will name Alpha Tauri (assuming... hoping... that "Racing Bull" is a placeholder)

Richard
Old 18 Dec 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4189390)   #110
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to the FIA it has an entry for Scuderia AlphaTauri RB.Which some pedants might still think of as Minardi,in the same way they think of Sauber and Toleman.
Old 18 Dec 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4189411)   #111
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
"The Grove Concern"
"The Woking Outfit"

leads us to

"The Hinwil-based sponsored nomenclature".

Yeah, let's use that
Old 18 Dec 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4189414)   #112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The team formerly known as....???

Good enough for Prince, and sadly now reporters and Twitter/X
Old 18 Dec 2023, 16:15 (Ref:4189418)   #113
Richard C
Veteran

Sponsorship obligations is rough. Be it team names or the small print in your contract regarding other sponsorship obligations. Just be happy they aren't named "Clyde Turkle's Chicken Pit Racing". Maybe that will be the new name for the Mindardi team?

Richard
Old 18 Dec 2023, 18:32 (Ref:4189432)   #114
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sponsorship obligations is rough. Be it team names or the small print in your contract regarding other sponsorship obligations. Just be happy they aren't named "Clyde Turkle's Chicken Pit Racing". Maybe that will be the new name for the Mindardi team?

Richard
Beef. It's what's for dinner. 300.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_B...or_Dinner._300
Old 18 Dec 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4189434)   #115
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Wendy's got it right about the beef.

https://youtu.be/da1eTxAR4QI?si=p6sKRbR91qFDwnEX
Old 18 Dec 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4189442)   #116
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ouch! Mine was fictional ("Stroker Ace" movie), but that was real. Meanwhile, I need to figure out what to eat for dinner tonight!

Richard
Old 2 Jan 2024, 00:45 (Ref:4190558)   #117
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Stake F1...as presented by Drake.

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...logo/10561775/

Vegans' least favourite team.
Old 2 Jan 2024, 07:50 (Ref:4190573)   #118
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Vampires aren't too keen either...
Old 2 Jan 2024, 09:30 (Ref:4190580)   #119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Why Vegans' ?
Old 2 Jan 2024, 10:37 (Ref:4190586)   #120
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Vampires aren't too keen either...
Very good Viv.... i'll pay that one.
Old 2 Jan 2024, 14:26 (Ref:4190598)   #121
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Why Vegans' ?

(image from Reddit)

Richard
Old 2 Jan 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4190603)   #122
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

(image from Reddit)

Richard

Old 3 Jan 2024, 14:11 (Ref:4190668)   #123
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it seems that Sauber is now owned by a 28 year old Billionaire, not only the force behind online gambling Stake, as well as streaming service Kick.com, but also is big in Cryptocurrency. Looks the part, in this new economy that's been around this last decade+.

Friends with Drake and UFC fighter Israel Adesanya, and has a stake(so to speak) in Everton FC.

Just the kind of person for this modern F1, and wouldn't be surprised if there are more like him on the horizon.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 16:17 (Ref:4190689)   #124
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Well, it seems that Sauber is now owned by a 28 year old Billionaire, not only the force behind online gambling Stake, as well as streaming service Kick.com, but also is big in Cryptocurrency. Looks the part, in this new economy that's been around this last decade+.

Friends with Drake and UFC fighter Israel Adesanya, and has a stake(so to speak) in Everton FC.

Just the kind of person for this modern F1, and wouldn't be surprised if there are more like him on the horizon.
Think you will find it is not a shareholding / ownership arrangement but rather just a naming rights sponsorship deal to take Sauber through to when the takeover of Sauber by Audi is completed for 2026. Longbow Finance (Finn Rausing) currently owns the team, and have done so for a few years now. They are however in the process of selling their interest in the team to Audi. Audi I believe is now a minority shareholder of the team (25%IIRC). Come 2026 Audi will control the team. In 2026 the team will be powered by Audi engines.... until then they will continue to use the Ferrari power unit.

Stake is simply replacing Alfa Romeo as the naming rights sponsor.
Old 3 Jan 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4190691)   #125
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay. Knew about Audi's part in this, but the naming rights to the team is where Mr. "Junior Achievement" comes in.