Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3917554)   #76
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
does he need it?
Not really but it's his home GP.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3917556)   #77
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel you idiot.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3917558)   #78
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good race that. Well worth watching.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3917561)   #79
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3917567)   #80
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Found it completely wasted race other than 2 drivers. It could have been an otherwise empty track. And the TV direction made it even worse. More was seen in replay than live because the director couldn't cut on time, showed empty corner when the battle wasn't there yet, or decided to show the crowd BEFORE the pass was completed. The SC decision ruined the race completely, was given to LH at that point. And the "penalty" to Vettel was bs, a penalty should actually be something. Soon the strategists will play the odds of driving a car off track and the cost of the penalty rather than racing. That was a pure unadulterated drive in to the car who passed you. Vettel doesn't care about driving and it shows, Ferrari need to drop him and soon except they have no one to take his place. Whether MV was off or not prior, and they haven't been stopping that all race so that argument is BS at its base, is meaningless. Multiple racing moves occurred by both drivers before the incident so what happened before was erased by other actions. Otherwise how far back to you go?

Tracks need to have punitive edging, they want to have acres of runoff then use it and drive cars off track or something to damage the cars enough to force them to stay in bounds. And penalize any ass who wants to complain, got tired of everyone crying about Austria breaking the car off track. You're off track and that's not the racing surface, tough excrement your driver broke the car. You want to argue infractions based on your lawyers reading of the wording to get parts ruled illegal but the white line, well that's open to interpretation isn't it? You only get one and choose carefully.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3917573)   #81
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And the "penalty" to Vettel was bs, a penalty should actually be something.
Agreed, it should have been a grid penalty for the next race, he was outside the points anyway.

Quote:
Soon the strategists will play the odds of driving a car off track and the cost of the penalty rather than racing
Well, it was Leclerc that got a podium instead of Max now.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3917574)   #82
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Vettel - serial bottler.

There used to be a website called hasmaldonadocrashed.com. I think we need one - hasvettelcrackedunderpressure.com

Feel sorry for Bottas. It was really hard to tell whether Hamilton was going to pass him or not.

Amazing that Hamilton got fasted lap on the hard tyres after they had done so many laps.

Hats off to Verstappen and LeClerc - great racing.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3917578)   #83
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Vettel - serial bottler.

There used to be a website called hasmaldonadocrashed.com. I think we need one - hasvettelcrackedunderpressure.com

Feel sorry for Bottas. It was really hard to tell whether Hamilton was going to pass him or not.

Amazing that Hamilton got fasted lap on the hard tyres after they had done so many laps.

Hats off to Verstappen and LeClerc - great racing.
The Maldonado crash site (the name you said, with "today" on the end) has actually been taken over with malware. Don't go to it not, it'll start asking you to install corrupt chrome extensions.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3917580)   #84
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10 second penalty for Vettel was a joke. I thought after Monaco it was decided running into someone was only a 5 second penalty.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3917583)   #85
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For sure its 100% SV's fault but that doesnt mean it cant also be a racing incident.

I also dislike carry over penalties. Also not feeling the need to be outraged this morning.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3917585)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing incident? Nah. A crass mistake. So crass that initially I thought it was complete red mist. And the penalty was meaningless.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race. Good fair battle in the early stages between Bottas and Hamilton and some great stuff between Leclerc and Verstappen, no quarter asked or given. Shame about the safety car screwing Leclerc, Bottas (and Norris) and giving Vettel a present that he really didn't deserve. But plenty of good stuff to watch.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3917589)   #87
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep racing incident...for me i didnt see it as SV intentionally driving into Max's rear. SV messed it up massively but surely not on purposes...but hey im not his head doctor.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3917593)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, ultimately not intentional, although as I said, I did wonder for a split second. I guess it depends on whether a racing accident is always a racing accident no matter how lamebrain it is provided it's not intentional.....
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3917594)   #89
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
It was such a rookie mistake, very hard to believe the guy is a 4 time world champion is you watch it.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3917596)   #90
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I guess it depends on whether a racing accident is always a racing accident no matter how lamebrain it is provided it's not intentional.....
haha. yes it is very much dependant on that.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3917597)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was a racing incident. I don't see what was intentional about it, when you can come out worse and ruin your own race.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3917599)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A few incidents in that race but not sure even sebs mistake should cause further investigation, we just seem to have to many of those
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3917600)   #93
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
It was such a rookie mistake, very hard to believe the guy is a 4 time world champion is you watch it.
as these mistakes keep adding up, it does look like he has lost that special bit of touch necessary for the sharp end.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3917602)   #94
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Seb needs everything perfect to have confidence in his abilities. When the RBR was solid to drive (even the occasions when it wasn't easily the best car) he knew he could abuse the car and it would just take it. RBR tended to not make too many mistakes, so he had confidence in his team. The result was he made everybody, including his teammate, look like they were in LMP2s whilst he was in an LMP1. He pulled off countless overtakes without a problem and he refused to buckle under Alonso level pressure.

Now the cars can't take abuse, he lost confidence. He can't just abuse the car. He can't rely on his teams strategy being spot on. The result is a lot of silly mistakes, and sometimes these silly mistakes cause accidents. Let's be honest - what Vettel did was almost identical to what Max did on the restart. Locked the wheels attempting to avoid the car in front. But Vettel did it worse. And the more he does it, the worse he'll be under pressure.

No confidence what-so-ever, so he can't get things to hook up anymore. It's a slow downward spiral.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3917604)   #95
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Max had a damaged floor, a loose seat and no power steering after Vettel punted into him
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3917609)   #96
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great race throughout......just loved Lewis setting fastest lap (just!) on last lap....though I imagine the team were a bit twitchy.

Good performances from all the youngsters
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3917613)   #97
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Max had a damaged floor, a loose seat and no power steering after Vettel punted into him
Also two punctures, half a rear wing and no fuel. In fact he had to pick the car up and carry it on his huge Dutch shoulders. What a man!

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 14 Jul 2019 at 16:36. Reason: Edited to correct the quote. I would also swear I didn't write 'bloody hero', weird.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3917615)   #98
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Bloody hero.

Just naming the facts, That you are childish is not my problem
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3917617)   #99
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Clearly he did not have all those problems because he would not have been able to finish. His engineers said over radio that the car was fine.

Childish is mindless fandom of a driver. Verstappen drove brilliantly today and was hard done by through Vettel's idiocy. There's no need to exaggerate the extent of the damage to his car, we can all see what happened.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3917618)   #100
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
That's strange, on German TV after the race Max said there was basically *nothing wrong* with the car and that he was lucky it was still in one piece.

He certainly did not name ANY of the things you mentioned, just mentioned some dirt on the tires that went away after a lap or 2.