Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 22 May 2000, 21:43 (Ref:4880)   #1
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

...when do I stop being a rookie?
Old 22 May 2000, 22:19 (Ref:4881)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's 30 posts. As you can tell for me it was a loooooong time ago!
Old 23 May 2000, 00:02 (Ref:4882)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Liz, but it's ... erm 20 actually.

Welcome Francesca! Not so long to wait, huh?!
Old 24 May 2000, 21:50 (Ref:4883)   #4
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Liz are you about 73 years old or is your Internet phone bill extremely large?
Old 27 May 2000, 23:18 (Ref:4886)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, Francesca I'm not that old - just do both my full time job and my part time job on the computer, and I keep the BB minimized for the odd moments when I'm not busy!

In Canada we can get unlimited Internet access for $20 per month, which is about 7 GBP. So it is very cheap to waste your life on line!

Tourist, dear, I didn't know you cared.
Old 28 May 2000, 05:52 (Ref:4884)   #6
tourist
Rookie

tourist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont cuss Liz! aargh!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
i didn't mean to put a heart icon!!!
i cancelled it all before it loaded the ikkle faces!
i meant to put a crazy face!!

[This message has been edited by tourist (edited 28 May 2000).]
Old 28 May 2000, 09:28 (Ref:4885)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Don't worry tourist - we all know that you're crazy without needing a little icon to tell us...
Old 6 Jun 2000, 19:27 (Ref:15896)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just to let you know, i've used one of the features of the new software to introduce a 'veteran' poster status - those with 500 posts will automatically receive this status.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 20:23 (Ref:15910)   #9
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoa Neddy

Can I answer the 'Rookie' Q ?
Old 6 Jun 2000, 23:12 (Ref:15931)   #10
Liz
Veteran

How come Invader is only a Moderator? Isn't he in charge anymore?
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:37 (Ref:16170)   #11
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been degraded to moderator too.
Craig explained to me it's something to do with the forum software.
The software believes you can't be a moderator and a Clerk of the Course at the same time.
Hey, sometimes I can't believe it myself. :confused:
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:40 (Ref:16171)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Invader doesn't deserve to be an admin - he's never here! (suppose I should be nice to him for a bit as he's driving Dano, Lorna and myself to Silverstone on Sunday... )

Seriously, sorryu about these little niggles - please bear with me whilst I try to sort them out. I'm sure you'll agree that we're far better off overall now - even with these little bugs. John is working hard to assist us in squashing them.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:43 (Ref:16172)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I like the idea of being upgraded to "veteran", even if it does sound just a bit like "old fogey", but it hasn't happened yet.

I've been posting like Topsy this evening, and still the same old "racer" monicker flashes up next to my posts tally.

Looks like Graham's in the same boat too.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:45 (Ref:16176)   #14
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah! Craig, I see you posted while I was composing. Don't take any of the above as a criticism. And "veteran" status is not an essential in my list of priorities.

Hey, it's the little niggles that make life interesting...
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:47 (Ref:16177)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Don't panic, don't panic!

I'm looking into this now - a little odd, this one...
Old 7 Jun 2000, 20:51 (Ref:16181)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Nope - my idea didn't fix it - i'll file a bug report with the system developer...
Old 7 Jun 2000, 22:56 (Ref:16203)   #17
Liz
Veteran

I like that Blue Arrow thingy that lets you go to the last post you have not read. For our F1 Fantasy Racing thread and some others that are many pages long, it's a real time saver.

I predict lots more really long threads.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 07:54 (Ref:16276)   #18
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the fact that the cookies work differently. Previously, I was logging on from work and home, and it saved the read/unread status separately for each location. Now, it remembers the last time I logged on, no matter where it was - COOL! No more coming in to work after an F1 weekend to find 35 new threads, 20 of which I've read at home and trying to work out where to start from.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 16:30 (Ref:16316)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Right, Veteran user title is now working - sorry about that folks - my fault, there's just so many options in this system that it's easy to miss something!

Gerard, I /think/ i've cured the administrator problem - do me a favour and see if you can close an old topic in a forum other than your own (feedback forum probably best) - this will tell us if you really /are/ a bona-fide admin again... Report back old boy...

Maisie, yes I like that feature too - that's one of the reasons that you need to 'log in' There are /many/ other goodies like that hidden in the background - look out for them...
Old 8 Jun 2000, 22:12 (Ref:16350)   #20
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig, I tried to close an old topic in this forum and everything works fine again.
Thanks for helping me out.
And congratulations on a wonderful new forum.
I like all those new little gadgets on it.
And from my side, the speed is excellent.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 20:41 (Ref:16491)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Glad to hear it Gerard. There are still a number of smallish bugs (the largest being the broken search feature) but we hope to have these settled soon. Bearing in mind this is version 1.1.2 BETA - ie the 'work in progress' version of only the second minor release - I think we can safely say we made the right choice to switch from the UBB which has been dying a death over the past months. I know some of the things which John plans on adding to the system as soon as every single last bugs is squished, and they're exciting!