Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2365609)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The Lighter Side!

As this thread is for the lighter side of Ten Tenths posters. Can i ask someone what all the abriviations stand for please.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2365631)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, to which abbreviations are you referring, Iain?
Old 5 Jan 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2365638)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
LOL Laugh Out Loud
ROFL Rolling On the Floor Laughing
ROFLMAO Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off
AFAIK As Far As I Know
IIRC If I Recall Correctly
IMHO In My Humble Opinion
TGF That German Fellow (Michael Schumacher)
TGF The Grande Fromage (Michael Schumacher)
TTFN Ta Ta For Now
FICCL Frankly I Couldn't Care Less
FWIW For What It's Worth
LTNS Long Time No See
OTOH On The Other Hand
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
TMI Too Much Information
RTFS Read The Screen
RTMF Read The Manual First

Here's some of them and I would think that WTF is self explanatory
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jan 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2365640)   #4
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Here's some of them and I would think that WTF is self explanatory
and in that respect you have been kind to TGF.....
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2365671)   #5
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought 'OTOH' was "off top of head"????
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2365675)   #6
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
That's OTTOMH.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2365680)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ive started something now. "oh dear". Thanks Gordon .Brilliant.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2365683)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
WTF i still had to ask Alan Morgan.Right everyone stand by.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2365688)   #9
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
DELTA = Doesn't Even Like Tinternet Acronyms.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2365691)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ENSIGN - Error Not Stating Individual's Given Name.....
Old 5 Jan 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2365711)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
SIMON DRABBLE'S RESPONSE - So If My Own Name Does Really Appear By Brilliant Lexicography, Even Sportscar Racers Eschewing Special Pseudonyms Ought Notice Stellar Exegesis?
Old 5 Jan 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2365713)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
to have worked that out you must be as bored as me - you aren't an Investment Banker as well are you??!!
Old 5 Jan 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2365728)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Talking of banking I had one company I have dealt with in the past ringing up today trying to lend me money (equipment leasing company, big player), I said I thought you lot wer'nt lending his reponse was yes we do to the right people which I thought summed things up nicely as if they had done this in the past we would surely not be were we are now, back on topic sorry.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2365732)   #14
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
to have worked that out you must be as bored as me - you aren't an Investment Banker as well are you??!!
I have been CALLED a banker. I think.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2365805)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Give me strength; it's like dealing with a load of naughty schoolboys. More thread cutting coming on ALREADY!
Old 5 Jan 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2365807)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Sir won't happen again.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2365836)   #17
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 5 Jan 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2365858)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Excellent much more fun than that other thread about the Chef and a blond bird .
Old 5 Jan 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2365860)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Excellent much more fun than that other thread about the Chef and a blond bird .
Has someone not read the thread title?
Old 5 Jan 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2365874)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry Terrance im bored.Its to cold even for me out in the workshop.Mrs Delta just given me a b-----ing for bringing in some pistons and fitting rings on the kitchen table.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2365925)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Terrance im bored.Its to cold even for me out in the workshop.Mrs Delta just given me a b-----ing for bringing in some pistons and fitting rings on the kitchen table.
You think that's bad! I once got a b------ing for putting a tin of Linklife on the kitchen hotplate to treat a chain off my motocross bike !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jan 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2365927)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its OK by me Iain,it's uncle John T I'm worried about.
[Have you got a magazine down the back of your trousers.]

Last edited by terence; 5 Jan 2009 at 22:20.
Old 6 Jan 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2366186)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire

OK, NOW you can carry on!
Old 6 Jan 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2366193)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW,

OYFBLMBA = Oi You Fat *******, Leave My Beer Alone.
Old 6 Jan 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2366254)   #25
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Two from decades past:

LOMBARD = Loads Of Money But A Right D**kh**d.

BURMA = Be Undressed and Ready My Angel.

Closed Thread