Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jun 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2892126)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans

not strictly historic but may I take this opportunity to wish historic ten tenther Roger Wills a great time this coming weekend at Le Mans - a weekend warrior doing a real race..
Bon Chance mon ami!
Old 6 Jun 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2892141)   #2
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The support race is certainly historic. Good luck Chris and Alan in the HRG.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2892145)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Totally agree Dave,just hope the Rocker Gear behaves itself this year.
Was Hoping the works Healey would be going as well.http://tentenths.com/forum/images/icons/icon34.gif
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2892182)   #4
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many cars has Roger entered? Will he drive the entire 24hrs?

Le Mans has always been a mix of professional and amateur drivers. Part of its unique constitution. Lets hope it ill be an exciting and safe one. Will be glued to the box when not flagging at Autosport 3hrs.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2892186)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we are talking about two different races Terry and GT6, I was referring to the actual race not the support race. Roger is sharing with Shaun Lynn and another Gentleman Driver in a Ferrari 430.
Like Flagman I will be getting home after the 3 Hour to watch it on telly.
Without wishing to trivialize what we all do this is real endurance racing by real racing drivers...
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2892190)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, I knew what you were talking about, and I think maybe the others did , too. Anyway, I'm with you - good luck to Roger, and indeed, Shaun, two gentlemen who cut their teeth in historics, so we can claim as 'ours'!

(You might want to see my this morning post on Delta's chatty thread! Some might call it blasphemous!)
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2892196)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
How many cars has Roger entered? Will he drive the entire 24hrs?

Le Mans has always been a mix of professional and amateur drivers. Part of its unique constitution. Lets hope it ill be an exciting and safe one. Will be glued to the box when not flagging at Autosport 3hrs.
There was a rumour that he was also down to drive one of the safety cars whilst doing some commentary for radio Le Mans .....

Bon chance Roger and team.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2892343)   #8
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I too wish Roger and Shaun the best of luck. Whilst their car may not be historic, the race itself has so much history, tradition and culture and I personally rate Roger as both a good driver and a nice bloke. I very much regret not being there this year to cheer him on but will be glued to Radio LeMans to check on their progress
Old 6 Jun 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2892345)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I think we are talking about two different races Terry and GT6, I was referring to the actual race not the support race. Roger is sharing with Shaun Lynn and another Gentleman Driver in a Ferrari 430.
Like Flagman I will be getting home after the 3 Hour to watch it on telly.
Without wishing to trivialize what we all do this is real endurance racing by real racing drivers...

With the amount of publicity,I would have thought everyone knew what race you were referring to Simon.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2892603)   #10
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, proper racing, Just a pity us Brits have to get the adrenalin fix with a circuit in France, and not with one of our own...back to IOM this week n' the TT, once upon a time there were cars too,... and no silencers
Old 7 Jun 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2892662)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup I passed on my best wishes to Roger last week. Happy to repeat it here though. Bon Chance!
Old 7 Jun 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2892976)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Shaun and Roger are Historic Drivers from Top Draw and good blokes.

May all that money spent on one of these new fangled Ferrari things be worthwhile!

It's great when you do well at any event at Le Mans and that bit with dawn breaking is something special.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2893845)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eurosport just reported Roger crashed in free practice. Don't know if he's out for qually.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 05:12 (Ref:2894034)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They are showing a time albeit a bit down the list but not last.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2894176)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too hope Roger has a good race. Usually the top rate historic drivers are better than the modern gentlemen amateurs.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2894180)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Qualifying 2 tonight. Might be able to follow it on Radio Le Mans. I will investigate later.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2894214)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
should be on TV ? MOtors? I might stand out in the garden with small bottles of Kronenbourg just to get into the swing of it . . .

for real campsite effect I could hire some estate agents with TVR Chimeras/SUbaru Imprezas/Lotus Elise who can't handle their shandy to make a racket in the neighbours garden.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2894216)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can't get it out here, although the VPN might swing it for me.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2894227)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
for real campsite effect I could hire some estate agents with TVR Chimeras/SUbaru Imprezas/Lotus Elise who can't handle their shandy to make a racket in the neighbours garden.
Don't forget to let off some fireworks in the early hours.....
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2894235)   #20
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
......and set fire to your tent.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2894237)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on topic, I had a peek at the live timing last night and Roger's car was back out again after the crash so fingers crossed OK for qualifying.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2894611)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
good news Colin.

got a video somewhere ( otherwe I wouldn't remember and no one would believe) of our 'civilised' campsite on Sunday night about ten years ago . . . after the SUnday evening England vs Germany/rest of the world football match . . . a V8 fired up, followed by howels of laughter . . . it tore down the road towing a sofa loaded with lads, sparks pouring out the back. It was quite funny. A few of us actually ****ed ourselves laughing when the TVR burnt its clutch out . . . and you thought DFS was shonky!

will be watching eagerly to see how our Histrionic racing brothers fare, all the very best Roger and Shaun.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2895040)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My on the spot reporter says:-

'They qualified 53rd, 9th in class out of 10. Pierre Ehret did the time (4m07.236). Roger did a best of 4m18.494 and Shaun did a 4m18.810'.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2895328)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
That's same time as Grid 5/6 at LMC.Seems they have mechanical problems.Lets hope it's sorted because the boys were so much closer to front at Sebring.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2895346)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
glad someone qualified said that, was begining to wonder if Roger went out on crossplies for the cameras!