Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Dec 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4024967)   #3316
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After over a year, I've just confirmed my order for the Mach E. Been reading reviews which appear to be generally favourable. Still no confirmed delivery date but quite looking forward to it. Like Mike, I think these are interesting vehicles so the technology and driving experience should provide some interest.

I still don't buy the environmental aspects but the thought of relatively cheap motoring does appeal since I'm not working now.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4024983)   #3317
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It's not that simple as then the high level one would be on permanently.
These "Froggie" cars are a nightmare when you have electrical problems, like a lot of cars now the two pin brake light switch has continuity all the time and pushing the brake pedal breaks the circuit
If your brake light switch is opening the circuit , then it must have a relay which is normally live and the switch drops it out to bring the lights on .
So check for a faulty relay .

Although a lot of cars now have 2 brake light switches , one to shut down the ECU under braking , so it is never easy to know what is what .
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:30 (Ref:4024994)   #3318
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but Peugeot doesn't make today's cars, they are standing two centuries behind the others. At best.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4025005)   #3319
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, isn't Gordon talking about a 406?

The ECU on that will be candle-powered Gordon - check the pilot's still lit!

Joe, the 405 Mi16 certainly had a good engine, but I'm not sure about the rest of it. Although... those old 405s did seem peculiarly impervious to rust. Must have been a fluke.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4025024)   #3320
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think its a triumph of the cars anonymity that I'm struggling to think what a 406 looks like Certainly haven't seen one for ages.... The 405 wasn't a bad car, I guess - a mate had the Mi16 and he liked that, and my race partner Steve had a BX GTi16v - a cracker of an engine, and it made a great tow-car - mind you we were only towing a Clan, then....it might have struggled with the 944 or the 75 which were the later race cars.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:28 (Ref:4025027)   #3321
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I think its a triumph of the cars anonymity that I'm struggling to think what a 406 looks like
Quite normal Richard its because you're thinking about cars…*Not wrecks!
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4025028)   #3322
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I wish blooming Chris Rea would get home,I am fed up with that blooming "driving home to Christmas record". Blooming Christmas. " waist of time " Grrrrr
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4025031)   #3323
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think its a triumph of the cars anonymity that I'm struggling to think what a 406 looks like Certainly haven't seen one for ages.... The 405 wasn't a bad car, I guess - a mate had the Mi16 and he liked that, and my race partner Steve had a BX GTi16v - a cracker of an engine, and it made a great tow-car - mind you we were only towing a Clan, then....it might have struggled with the 944 or the 75 which were the later race cars.

The 406 is quite a good-looking car, even now. They were raced with some success in the BTCC. There are still plenty of them around here, mostly in pretty good condition. Not so many estates though
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:39 (Ref:4025032)   #3324
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think its a triumph of the cars anonymity that I'm struggling to think what a 406 looks like .
A bit like an Alfa 164, Richard, I think they had the same designer (Pininfarina?) in a very similar era.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:41 (Ref:4025033)   #3325
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The 405 wasn't a bad car, I guess - a mate had the Mi16 and he liked that, and my race partner Steve had a BX GTi16v - a cracker of an engine,......
Not many Mi16 or BX GTi 16v cars left now - the engines all seem to have been put in 205 GTis
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:55 (Ref:4025034)   #3326
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I wish blooming Chris Rea would get home,I am fed up with that blooming "driving home to Christmas record". Blooming Christmas. " waist of time " Grrrrr
Couldn't agree more, no Plum Pudding meeting on Boxing Day to look forward to either.
Still there's a bike Trackday on Sunday & a car one on Tuesday to keep my spirits up.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4025035)   #3327
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
I had two 406 Estates and a 405. The last '6 I killed through running it on Mini MM's 16:1 2-stroke. I've also liked Citroen: two BX and a Volcane ZX. Way back I was an early adopter of diesel with another Pug, a 305. None of them let me down in quite such a bad way as the "quality" Swedish brands - Saab and Volvo. Both had the brake lights stick on, we never did solve the problem with the Saab and I scrapped it. I was actually disappointed as I liked the car but all the peripheries started to fail. Vauxhall I suppose, it was only a Vectra with a body kit.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:08 (Ref:4025037)   #3328
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've still got a 1991 205 Junior sitting outside. No rust of course, only 3 owners & 139,000km Just needs money spent on new tyres, brakes & a couple of lights, oh and a new battery, to get a CT.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:44 (Ref:4025043)   #3329
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Rea was on TV last night as a small part of the “Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone fishing” show (don’t ask, and no I don’t do fishing) and he looked bloody ill. ISTR he may be in remission from cancer?
Old 24 Dec 2020, 13:53 (Ref:4025048)   #3330
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
"Waste" Bah Humbug. Merry Christmas all, Just opened a bottle of Hill Climb pale ale from Prescott Ales.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Closed Thread