Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jan 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4030428)   #126
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
The CSCC double header (inc a race in each direction) at Knockhill in May is looking far more likely than Spa in June!
I don’t think we need Carnets for Scotland......yet.

It always was for us! Spa's a nice idea but costs as much to do as the rest of the season for us.

I'm with those who think the difficulties will be minor. I can remember when we rallied in Europe - Sweden, Belgium, Germany - when despite being members of the Common Market we still had to have carnets for the rally car, service barge contents etc, there was very little by way of checks - at a border you just handed a sheet of paper to a very bored official and went on your way. Coming back- I remember giving the final carnet sheet to a customs guy in Dover who as I walked towards him said "That you finished now lads?" and as I said "yes" he just took the sheet without a glance and waved us on our way.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4030696)   #127
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Right...
COVID test translated to English. Straight through customs.
Didn’t ask where I had been, what I had been doing, why the Cobra was in the trailer, who’s it was, what was the value, why did I have spare wheels in the van. Nobody gave a flying **** throughout the whole trip.
Make of that what you will guys
A.
Delighted it worked for you Andy.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4030796)   #128
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi.
Off to France again next week to collect two cars that we are running this year for a guy and his son. So cars going out of France into the UK for the whole year.
Round 2 game on !

A
Old 23 Jan 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4030801)   #129
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
At least you found people who know where to find many good and different places to race, good ambiance and competitive friends/ cars. Two is better than none. If the custom officers are not on strike, you should not be bothered. Have fun and keep safe.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4030948)   #130
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Safe journey Andy. One of my karting friends has just done a similar trip to Italy and says the shuttle terminal was heaving - no social distancing at all. Take care.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Feb 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4032869)   #131
Newall Andy
Rookie

Euro storm part 2.
Commences 07.30 hours with a COVID test at East Mids Airport services, free of charge of course, curtesy of our brave leader Boris.
Mission: collect two euro based cars and return to Gelscoe HQ Diseworth with minimal casualties.
Will keep you informed.

Andy.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4032870)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
👍
Old 2 Feb 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4032982)   #133
Newall Andy
Rookie

Ok so.
Covid test and passport checked... straight on the train.
No questions no inspections. Customs guys everywhere but not interested in the slightest.
Phase 1 complete.

A
Old 2 Feb 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4032985)   #134
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If you've taken a packed lunch - eat it quick!

Safe journeys
Old 2 Feb 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4033032)   #135
Newall Andy
Rookie

It was turkey not ham and cheese.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4033033)   #136
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's ok, because Turkey has a free trade agreement with the EU.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4033109)   #137
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That's ok, because Turkey has a free trade agreement with the EU.
Old 3 Feb 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4033199)   #138
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was turkey not ham and cheese.
The turkey was not just for Christmas, then!
Old 3 Feb 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4033205)   #139
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But did they vote for it?

Old 3 Feb 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4033211)   #140
Newall Andy
Rookie

Don’t like turkey to much but it’s a safer bet than ham and cheese !
All going well due at the tunnel with the two cars tomorrow see what happens then.
A
ps this is the last time I’m being the crash test dummy for this topic for a while
Old 3 Feb 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4033287)   #141
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I have not yet seen is if the cross channel ferries have yet brought back duty free shopping .

Will probably mean the end of " Eastenders " in Calais for the cheap booze .
Not a bad thing as that & any of the stops near Calais were always full of the " Jungle " inhabitants trying to get into your vehicles for a sneaky crossing .
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:12 (Ref:4033382)   #142
Newall Andy
Rookie

Ok
So that’s it, straight through on the way back. Couldn’t care less what was in the van or trailer. That’s two runs in a row now without any checks whatsoever.
It’s either going to get better or a lot worse as time goes on. But as of today it’s business as normal guys.

Get the jab... let’s go racing, six hours here we come.

Andy
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4033390)   #143
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ok
So that’s it, straight through on the way back. Couldn’t care less what was in the van or trailer. That’s two runs in a row now without any checks whatsoever.
It’s either going to get better or a lot worse as time goes on. But as of today it’s business as normal guys.

Andy
Well done Andy and thanks for the update. Spa 3 hour in June I hope before 6 hour.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4033633)   #144
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Ok

Andy
did you have to produce evidence of a negative test, and do you now have to self-isolate for 10 days or whatever?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4033643)   #145
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
did you have to produce evidence of a negative test, and do you now have to self-isolate for 10 days or whatever?

Post #131 said "Euro storm part 2.
Commences 07.30 hours with a COVID test at East Mids Airport services, free of charge of course, curtesy of our brave leader Boris. "

Don't think any self-isolation requirements?
Old 5 Feb 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4033646)   #146
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Commences 07.30 hours with a COVID test at East Mids Airport services, free of charge of course, curtesy of our brave leader Boris. "

I thought everyone coming into the country had to self isolate?

Old 5 Feb 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4033673)   #147
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

I apologise it wasn't clear enough; the question refers to Andy's update which is about returning to the UK.

Last edited by MGDavid; 5 Feb 2021 at 23:35. Reason: grammar and clarity
Old 6 Feb 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4033706)   #148
Newall Andy
Rookie

I took a PCR test on the Tuesday morning so I had 72 hrs to get back on that test.
If it ran out then I’d need to get another to enter the UK, hence my previous German test which the french didn’t like.
Because I was travelling with work as a small road haulage contractor I don’t need to isolate as I may need to go straight out again.
Although I went back to the Donington park test centre and got another test as to protect the family and guys at work.
As it happens I think I’ve had it when I got back from Singapore last March , but with regards to antibodies who knows ? Best to be sure.
A
Old 6 Feb 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4033737)   #149
midgetman
Veteran

Thanks for clearing that up

Old 21 Feb 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4036183)   #150
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minor update on not needing Carnets for Euro trips .
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...161/ce1246.pdf
Link to form for taking goods out on a temporary basis .
Explained here with the other details for not needing a carnet for your comp car .
https://www.gov.uk/taking-goods-out-...duplicate-list