Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 May 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3540249)   #926
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Larger versions:

Old 22 May 2015, 19:23 (Ref:3540256)   #927
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great looking car.
Old 22 May 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3540267)   #928
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well that is the most boring car rebellion have ever had, lets hope they improve the colour scheme before the test day
Give them a chance the paint is probably still wet the cars are so new.
Old 22 May 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3540271)   #929
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think cars are not painted anymore, they use stickers.
Old 22 May 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3540272)   #930
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I think cars are not painted anymore, they use stickers.
I thought the evolution/trend was the other way as stickers / decals could disturb airflow?
Old 22 May 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3540275)   #931
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Stickers/decals are probably the cheapest and most flexible solution if you want to optimize your stock of spare parts. They don't paint parts on site during race events, do they ?
Old 22 May 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3540282)   #932
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last car I saw they painted was the Krohn Ligier, but that car has a colour base.
Old 22 May 2015, 22:46 (Ref:3540300)   #933
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There are some videos and new pictures of both cars at Paul Ricard, at Rebellion Racing's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rebellionracing
Old 23 May 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3540333)   #934
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally they'll paint the car the colour of the most prominent colour and sticker the rest, at least that's how it's done in series I've been involved with.
Old 23 May 2015, 05:26 (Ref:3540335)   #935
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Generally they'll paint the car the colour of the most prominent colour and sticker the rest, at least that's how it's done in series I've been involved with.
And I guess this makes entirely sense if the base color is the same for all cars being run by a team. If Rebellion Racing ultimately contemplate to run one car with the chrome-red base color and the other one with the white base color, stickers are probably the way to go to avoid doubling the stock of spare body parts. So I would expect at least.

My best guess now, is that Rebellion Racing will run a chrome-red base color livery with additional white stickers on the #13 and a white base color livery with additional chrome-red stickers on the #12. I do hope for some additional gold and/or black stripes/patches as last year's red-and-white-only livery was not the most pleasing to the eye IMHO.
Old 23 May 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3540336)   #936
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
And I guess this makes entirely sense if the base color is the same for all cars being run by a team. If Rebellion Racing ultimately contemplate to run one car with the chrome-red base color and the other one with the white base color, stickers are probably the way to go to avoid doubling the stock of spare body parts. So I would expect at least.

My best guess now, is that Rebellion Racing will run a chrome-red base color livery with additional white stickers on the #13 and a white base color livery with additional chrome-red stickers on the #12. I do hope for some additional gold and/or black stripes/patches as last year's red-and-white-only livery was not the most pleasing to the eye IMHO.
Well the kcmg 05 which has the chrome blue is all stickers over the base carbon. Much cheaper than the paint and you don't need any facility more than a heat gun to do it. I reckon it'll be how rebellion does it too, at least with their chrome red car.
Old 23 May 2015, 05:56 (Ref:3540337)   #937
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Well the kcmg 05 which has the chrome blue is all stickers over the base carbon. Much cheaper than the paint and you don't need any facility more than a heat gun to do it. I reckon it'll be how rebellion does it too, at least with their chrome red car.
Indeed. That's what I was trying to lead to. Chrome-red sticker film for the base color of the #13, and likely a white sticker film for the base color of the #12. No need to paint the base carbon bodywork.
Old 23 May 2015, 07:36 (Ref:3540352)   #938
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Stickers/decals are probably the cheapest and most flexible solution if you want to optimize your stock of spare parts. They don't paint parts on site during race events, do they ?
Take a look at this
http://www.rethinkpaint.com/
This was how they did the MSR Ligier (remember red then blue) - interviews from Mike Shank etc.

Mariantic
Old 23 May 2015, 07:52 (Ref:3540355)   #939
Ospi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic View Post
Take a look at this
This was how they did the MSR Ligier (remember red then blue) - interviews from Mike Shank etc.

Mariantic
Looks like a great product for teams with the budget. Guessing the p1s run something like this?
Old 23 May 2015, 08:34 (Ref:3540365)   #940
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic View Post
Take a look at this

Mariantic
Thanks for this. I would expect however that this product requires some suitable painting facilities. Could it be applied on site during race events ?
Old 23 May 2015, 09:14 (Ref:3540371)   #941
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't they wrap them in some kind of vinyl or similar these days, rather than paint them?

Here's the ZEOD being wrapped last year: https://www.facebook.com/NissanZEODR...type=3&theater

And a video of the process being applied to one of Nissan's GT3 cars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fBZrhCuKA(at 2:35 you see the white base wrap being applied to a bare carbon bonnet)

It looks relatively quick, and doesn't require any special tools. You could do it at the circuit for instance.
Old 23 May 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3540374)   #942
Ospi
Veteran

Really it comes down to budget, facilities and personal. Some teams will just fully wrap and others will spray if they have the facilities to do so.
Old 23 May 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3540379)   #943
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I knew as soon as I wrote about paint there would be comments. It was a turn of phrase as much as anything. Slating a livery before there even is a livery.
Old 23 May 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3540384)   #944
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I knew as soon as I wrote about paint there would be comments. It was a turn of phrase as much as anything. Slating a livery before there even is a livery.
Always struck by how fundamental an issue livery can be - recall Toyota in 2012 planned to run in two different colours (one blue and one red) but the impact on their stock of spares (as others have pointed out, essentially doubling what you've got to do) ruled that out, especially on the back of some of the issues they had in testing.

Either way, going to relish seeing a pair of Rebellions at Le Mans.
Old 23 May 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3540418)   #945
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Just got confirmation that both cars indeed use vinyl films for the base color
Old 25 May 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3540967)   #946
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are they going to stick to the 2014 liveries or actually implement these new ones? Cause I tell you, that 'metallic' red is possibly the sexiest I've ever seen, on already pretty chassis.
Old 25 May 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3541020)   #947
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The metallic red would look amazing painted on some grid girls... Pwoar!
Old 25 May 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3541029)   #948
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Revised again, now black/grey in addition to the sexy metallic red. Or maybe they didn't just have time to have it all red for this photo

edit: in fact almost surely just half-painted/stickered/whatever

Please Rebellion retain it!
Old 25 May 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3541050)   #949
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely - entirely metallic red please Bart!
Old 25 May 2015, 16:56 (Ref:3541103)   #950
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Looks like the AER engine needs more cooling. It was the same with Kolle's car. New side pods are bigger than last week.