Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 3 Nov 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2327193)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portimao

So, did anybody had a chance to watch the last WSBK race?

Brand new track in Portugal, Portimao and it was totally a "racers track" with breath taking elevation changes designed into it.The designer is a racer too. THough bikes were buzzing the track, before that F1's were also ripping, laying some rubber. The on-board camera let us see how many blind crests and corners were, it was very exiting and the racers praise the new track.
So new, they were indeed,still giving it the finishing touches to facilities.

See if it's already on trackpedia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icCNNYNCf_M

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 3 Nov 2008 at 18:24.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2327225)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched some of the coverage, and the plan view of the track certainly doesn't do it justice. The elevations changes are very impressive and I'm sure made the bike setup all the more difficult.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2327373)   #3
clarkma5
Rookie

United States
Seattle, WA
clarkma5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks like an absolute blast in a car or on a bike. Flowing with great elevation changes like laguna seca but more of it's blind and it looks to be more technical and tricky, perhaps a little nurburgring-ish (but with a smoother surface).
Old 3 Nov 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2327383)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a pity that the TV coverage didn't have (that I saw anyway) some helicopter shots to get a better perpective on some of the braking distances in relation to the gradients.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2327412)   #5
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
It's a pity that the TV coverage didn't have (that I saw anyway) some helicopter shots to get a better perpective on some of the braking distances in relation to the gradients.
But they did have an on-board on several bikes and the sighting lap was catched live, it's impressive when you crest one of the hills and the front end keeps going to the sky, they all needed to back of for risk of flipping it!!!

200+ hp on a sub 400 lb vehicle is da chit !!!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2327423)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I hope they get the TV cameras sorted a bit better as well. Some of the elevation changes just were not illustrated very well at all.

The circuit itself seems quite good, and the WSBK races were fun to watch.

It will definitely be interesting to see how quickly the F1 boys can lap the place in anger.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2330068)   #7
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the onboard view LuiggiSpeed. The elevation changes make this one quite special indeed.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2361667)   #8
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Algarve New Track

i have looked on You Tube for some in car footage of this new track but can't find any. Does anyone know where I may find it? We are due to race there in 2009 and I would like to see where it goes!

[Mod] Thread already existed, merged new request into existing thread as it also bummps the already posted info [/mod]

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 Dec 2008 at 00:54.
Old 28 Dec 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2361680)   #9
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are several videos, but this is the only one I've seen that has a decent view of the track. Unfortunately, the camera is a bit shaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-YTJG-M5k
Old 28 Dec 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2362072)   #10
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Stig.