Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Dec 2011, 03:19 (Ref:2995336)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kurt busch fired from penske racing

Busch has been let go by penske because of his foul mouth and poor attitude off track. Specifically the interview with jerry punch on ESPN the nastiness was all over youtube. Remember in 05the he was let go by Roush after winning the championship for some off track reckless brush with the law. Oops.
Way to go jerk.
Maybe the schedule is too rough maybe he is past his due here. He is talentd tho.
I would add link but I am on my mobile.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 03:51 (Ref:2995349)   #2
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meeting is supposed to be today (Monday), to discuss his future...

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...te-sources-say
Old 5 Dec 2011, 04:48 (Ref:2995374)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The news articles everywhere suggest David Ragan as Mr Busch's replacement too...

Who might pick Mr Busch up if Penske does invite him to seek other opportunities?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Dec 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2995490)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...-breaking-news
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2995511)   #5
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Speculation points to David Ragan as the leading candidate for the job. Ragan spent the 2011 season with Roush Fenway Racing, but his future has been in doubt since the team lost sponsorship for next season. He earned his first career Sprint Cup victory this season, at Daytona International Speedway. Other candidates for the job include David Reutimann and Brian Vickers  two drivers who drove in the Sprint Cup Series this past season but are without a ride for 2012  and Sam Hornish Jr., who has previously driven for Penske at the Sprint Cup level.(FoxSports)(12-4-2011)
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2995517)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They were dragged up those Busch boys.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2995579)   #7
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They were dragged up those Busch boys.
Agreed. A right pair of plonkers.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 16:43 (Ref:2995600)   #8
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Buschs are certainly feisty, but so were a number of NASCAR greats from the past. NASCAR is being corrupted by an increasing tendency towards 'death by sponsor', viz. the demise of David Reutimann at MWR.

Considered on a basis of talent, he would be a much better replacement for Busch than Ragan, who has basically done nothing with the massive opportunity that he has failed to take advantage of at RFR. I don't count plate races- any muppet, even Jr., might be able to win one of those.

Surely the best driver available to Penske is Brian Vickers?

And where might Kurt Busch end up next? If I were JGR, I would replace Joey Logano with him; Joey has had his chance, and just hasn't made anything of it.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2995616)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love to see Reutimann get the Penske ride. He's got talent and it would be nice to see what he can do in a quality ride.

True, Vickers is quite good as well but 2011 left me thinking he has a bit of an attitude problem at times. At least at Martinsville...
Old 5 Dec 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2995630)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ragan first candidate for the seat. I wish you luck Mr Penske.

I like to see Reutimann too take the seat.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2995646)   #11
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see David Regan getting the seat, or maybe even Brian Vickers. I could also see Jacques Villeneuve. I thought Jacques gave good input on the car, and knows what he want out of the car, from his brief stint in Nascar.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2995661)   #12
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
I can't see Ragan getting the seat, unless the only criterion is that he is available.

As for JV, just where and when in NASCAR did he demonstrate the talents that might shoehorn him into the best available ride in NASCAR, a seat that made the chase this year?

If I were Penske, I'd try and bust JPM out of his contract at perennial losers EGR....
Old 6 Dec 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2995904)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Video Apology

Is the reason Mr Busch isnt looking at the camera because he is reading cuecards??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Dec 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2995946)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Video Apology

Is the reason Mr Busch isnt looking at the camera because he is reading cuecards??
In fairness, President Busch puts more welly into his acting than Wooden Kyle.

Probable replacements are easy enough to guess at; Vickers and Reutimann. Penske might even be able to coax a team to lease a hotshot for a year or two like he's done with Brad. Don't know where Kurt Busch will resurface mind you except that he will.

Villeneuve is an off the wall suggestion. He's too fresh and cavalier about harpooning opponents off the track for him to bag the No.1 Penske seat! Hornish Jr might be a possible 4th candidate if Ragan falls through.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2997469)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The busch brothers, fairdinkum - don't talk precious, just race!

Good race seat available...
Old 10 Dec 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2998052)   #16
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Pretty funny quote from James Finch, owner of the #51.

Quote:
"Kurt, his talent is pretty good,'' Finch said. "He's one of the best there is, but I'm not going to listen to that s--- and pay him money."(ESPN)(12-9-2011)
Old 10 Dec 2011, 15:22 (Ref:2998068)   #17
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
A small voice in the back of my head tells me that Kurt Busch would rather gargle vomit- someone else's vomit at that- than be reduced to driving James Finch's #51.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2998087)   #18
HJJ
Veteran

United States
The only card KB has in all of this is the past champions provisional. I see him w/Finch, Front Row or TRG. I don't see a "name team" taking a chance with him. I can also see JTG missing a few races because of Kurt.

You don't call a respected person of the media like Dr. Punch a mother*&^%&* without burning all your bridges. He committed career suicide. Or maybe call it "doing a Mayfield".
Old 10 Dec 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2998095)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Busch can relax and sit out some of the season knowing that his stock will rise due to the old cosmic rule that absence makes the heart grow fonder. At some point one of big boys are going to break ranks and try to coax him into one of their seats for that added advantage. Busch was sacked when the teams had made their decisions but the market will become uncertain again as next year progresses.

He can be an obnoxious version of Alain Prost. He had a bust up with Ferrari and took a year out. He lit up the 92/93 silly season and got a plumb drive in '93. Busch can do the same.

Or he can do something like Stewart did and try and set up a team. He can lead a consortium to buy out the Red Bull boys. I'm probably letting my imagination run away but my point is, he's got plenty of options if he plays it cool.

I wouldn't touch a back marker team with a bargepole. His stock will nose dove if he did that.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2998122)   #20
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Pretty funny quote from James Finch, owner of the #51.
To be honest, James Finch is never going to pay anybody, so Kurt's no exception...
Old 13 Dec 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2999428)   #21
HJJ
Veteran

United States
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...usch-in-no-43/

I just can't see this happening. Heck, the King won't even let a beer company put a sticker on his car. I do remember reading Kurt's foundation has given a bunch of money to Victory Junction Ranch. Dump 'Dinger are they nuts?
Old 13 Dec 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2999446)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:

I just can't see this happening. Heck, the King won't even let a beer company put a sticker on his car. I do remember reading Kurt's foundation has given a bunch of money to Victory Junction Ranch. Dump 'Dinger are they nuts?
The King doesn't run the show anymore, a consortium of loan-sharks do. So, yes I could well see a bag of new cash carrying appeal with those bosses. If it does happen, I hope its a third car but I'm not sure I'd hold my breath on AJ holding his job if Kurt does pop up over there.

Last edited by Paradise City; 13 Dec 2011 at 23:08.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2999516)   #23
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Heck, the King won't even let a beer company put a sticker on his car.?
Not a little contingency, but when Budweiser wanted to put the big sticker on the #9 under the Richard Petty Motorsports banner with Kasey Kahne...
Old 14 Dec 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2999552)   #24
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Guys,

This will give RPM to step up to the next level. Kurt is a proven winner but he has to cool his temper. RP wont take **** so that will give Kurt some bounderies and Kurt will take the RPM teams to winning days.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2999721)   #25
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Busch to replace Allmendinger at RPM?

There is a certain inevitable logic to this.... I feel sorry for AJ if he does lose his seat, as he's just come off his best-ever season in NASCAR, but Busch is a blue chip driver, and wheelmen of his calibre don't become available that often, let alone to a lower-level team like RPM.

Just to add to the uncertainty, I understand that the #43 car still does not have full sponsorship in place for a 36 race Cup programme.