Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Mar 2023, 06:32 (Ref:4149446)   #1951
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Mat Neill offering the services of a top class engineer on Twitter. Could it be Barry Plowman?
Who does Mat Neill work for? I don't know who Barry Plowman works for now
Old 28 Mar 2023, 06:39 (Ref:4149450)   #1952
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Who does Mat Neill work for? I don't know who Barry Plowman works for now
Matt Neal is an 80% Shareholder and Company Director for both Team Dynamics Motorsport Limited and DYN Holdings.

Barry Plowman is a 20% Shareholder and Company Director for both Team Dynamics Motorsport Limited and DYN Holdings.

DYN Holdings is the sole shareholder of Team Dynamics Wheels. Matt Neal and Barry Plowman are both Company Directors of Team Dynamics Wheels.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 08:34 (Ref:4149458)   #1953
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Mat Neill offering the services of a top class engineer on Twitter. Could it be Barry Plowman?
I'm not a TD fan but I wouldn't want to see them leave the grid. I'm hoping it just means that someone is bringing their own engineer with them ... or TD wanting to try a different approach after getting shown up by customers beating them in older cars they built.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 08:38 (Ref:4149459)   #1954
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For anyone who interested, just up at Croft and Motorbase here with all 4 cars and PMR with both of theirs plus a few TCR's and a few Mini's as well.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4149462)   #1955
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's strange seeing so few teams on the entry list, the smallest teams have 3 cars which a few years ago would've been the biggest. Sign of the times I guess.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4149473)   #1956
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It's strange seeing so few teams on the entry list, the smallest teams have 3 cars which a few years ago would've been the biggest. Sign of the times I guess.
Probably a sign of the times... Still better than all teams having 1/2 cars and there being 18 cars on the grid...
Old 28 Mar 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4149474)   #1957
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Probably a sign of the times... Still better than all teams having 1/2 cars and there being 18 cars on the grid...
Oh definitely, but you also know people will complain about larger teams
Old 28 Mar 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4149490)   #1958
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It all gets a bit confusing with the multitude of entites and names Motorbase has been over the last few years, but didn't you (AmD Tuning) run two of the cars (including Andy's?) in 2021? Apologies if I've muddled something up!
No apologies needed, I was quite confused at times!

Our team/race staff/cars merged with Motorbase so it was always a 4 car Motorbase team from 2021. Somewhere along the line it was deemed I was surplus to requirements

Did me a favour long term but didn't feel like that at the time. Just normal motor racing ******** so more fool me for being surprised!

Last edited by AmD Tuning; 28 Mar 2023 at 14:27.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4149492)   #1959
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It feels kinda weird that we are nearly in April and the season is still so far away from starting.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4149498)   #1960
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
It feels kinda weird that we are nearly in April and the season is still so far away from starting.

it's starting the same week as last year isn't it? And starting before the covid years....
Old 28 Mar 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4149502)   #1961
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
it's starting the same week as last year isn't it? And starting before the covid years....
Yes and No

During the 2010s the first round was the first weekend in April, or occasionally the last weekend in March. That would have been the same in 2020 until Covid intervened.

First year post-Covid (2021), first round was pushed to early May to give teams more time to prepare. 2023 and 2023 has seen that most back to end of April but that's still 2 or 3 weeks later than pre-Covid.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4149510)   #1962
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drivers are having a hard enough time funding the season the length it is already. Start it earlier without ending it earlier and it's more money to find.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4149511)   #1963
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Drivers are having a hard enough time funding the season the length it is already. Start it earlier without ending it earlier and it's more money to find.

It makes next to no difference financially. The only advantage is that sometimes it's difficult to get companies to pay up right at the end of a financial year, and then cash flow becomes a bit easier April onwards.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 22:12 (Ref:4149534)   #1964
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked some folk at PMR at Croft (not mechanics lets say) about the Dynamics thing, and the response was two things. One it's better for them if a team falls out, and that they've heard that the team have effectivley been let go and the temps are not being asked back.
There was also a comment that WSR have been told by Lord Gow to run a FWD 2 series from 2024 because he wants rid of that variable.
What does the wisdom of the forum have on that? True? Rumour mongering?
Old 28 Mar 2023, 22:17 (Ref:4149535)   #1965
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same person also said Dynamics had been offered a two car supported deal for two cars in TCR UK - Two cars for free, but raise the operating costs through the drivers
wich would have been a pair of Cupras, with the deal being canned a couple of days before an announcement was due.

Don't know what to believe anymore!!
Old 28 Mar 2023, 23:00 (Ref:4149537)   #1966
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I asked some folk at PMR at Croft (not mechanics lets say) about the Dynamics thing, and the response was two things. One it's better for them if a team falls out, and that they've heard that the team have effectivley been let go and the temps are not being asked back.
There was also a comment that WSR have been told by Lord Gow to run a FWD 2 series from 2024 because he wants rid of that variable.
What does the wisdom of the forum have on that? True? Rumour mongering?
The 2WD BMW rumour cropped up at ASI if I remember correctly - someone certainly has posted that previously with the same reasoning.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 06:39 (Ref:4149542)   #1967
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be some Speedworks news this morning.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4149543)   #1968
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So it’s Butcher, Gamble and Ricky Collard (didn’t he retire from racing at the end of last year…?????) at Speedworks this season

https://www.btcc.net/2023/03/29/toyo...-btcc-line-up/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:31 (Ref:4149548)   #1969
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is an interesting move as well:

"......the team’s trio of eye-catching Corollas will be powered for the first time by a Toyota-derived engine, tuned to BTCC-competition spec by Neil Brown Engineering"
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:33 (Ref:4149550)   #1970
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it's all very interesting and I'm very happy George Gamble stays in the BTCC, hope Speedworks will have a proper shot at the title this year and good to see some stability for Rory Butcher. Didn't expect to see Ricky Collard but hopefully he can turn things around in the coming season.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4149551)   #1971
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

"......the team’s trio of eye-catching Corollas will be powered for the first time by a Toyota-derived engine, tuned to BTCC-competition spec by Neil Brown Engineering"
Interesting considering toyota don't offer a 2.0 turbo in any of its cars so would like to know where they've plucked that from.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4149552)   #1972
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
Interesting considering toyota don't offer a 2.0 turbo in any of its cars so would like to know where they've plucked that from.
I thought the same….

Don’t know the loopholes but are they using the 2.0 turbo from the Supra? Which is actually a b48 BMW engine the same as WSR use in the 3 series. Also in the Mini JCWs.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4149553)   #1973
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post

Except its not a Toyota motor - its a BMW unit from the Supra. The Samsung as WSR cars. Toyota could be lightning fast
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4149554)   #1974
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
The S20A-FTS is a turbocharged 2.0L petrol engine used in the Toyota Highlander (Kluger in Australia) .
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:55 (Ref:4149555)   #1975
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords?Civic????Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1One Motorsport?Civic???’One’ Reported as looking to expand to four Civics ???
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborneConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus ST RowbottomConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra LeónButelConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportButcherConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportCollardConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-3Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportGambleConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4Team BMWBMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall Astra Taylor-SmithConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Ex-HARDPMRVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8MoffatConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-2 Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic FK8CookConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-3One MotorsportCivic FK8???Reported as looking to expand to four Civics???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
?????????Hand?Previously confirmed as multi-year at PMR in press release Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.