Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2003, 04:03 (Ref:530903)   #1
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

Blu_butterfly17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sbr Open Day

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...y.asp?gid=6053

Stone brothers open day this Saturday. anyone going?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 09:02 (Ref:531046)   #2
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have been If Id Know earlier - Committed with Business and the lead up to State Election next 2 weeks , so I cant leave the District until after the Election is over- Man I'll even have to record the Saturday of Adelaide (and some Of Sunday If Im still Scruitineering the Votes next day.) Because of this Damn election.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 11:48 (Ref:531197)   #3
Jono
Rookie

Jono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with bells on. Have to go after 1.30 however, due to other commitments. Anybody else attending??
Old 10 Mar 2003, 12:01 (Ref:531214)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nah, I'll be giving it a miss, but if you really want to make a day of it, you can also go and do a free lap of Mt Cotton Hillclimb in your road car in the afternoon!

[ free-plug ]
Major Upgrade on Track
Mount Cotton Hillclimb Reopening- 15/16 March 2003

Australia’s premier Hillclimb facility, the Mount Cotton Hillclimb, is on track for a major reopening on Saturday 15th of March, with the public welcome to tour the complex, and even complete a lap of the hill- at non-competition speed of course!

The Saturday opening will also precede the first hillclimb of the year on Sunday the 16th of March, with a strong field of competitors expected to enter.

Since the final hillclimb of the 2002 season in December, over $200,000 has been spent on upgrading the track, pits and spectator facilities.

Much of the work has been carried out by volunteers from the MG Car Club of Queensland (MGCCQ), and would not have been possible without generous donations from many.

One of the biggest changes is to the track itself, which has undergone its first layout change since 1968.

Gone are the infamous driveway tracks over the finish line, now replaced with a full bitumen return road, which now takes a gentle S-bend into the back of the pits, making the return trip much shorter and safer.

Another improvement that will be welcomed by the competitors is the paving of access roads around the pit area, which complement the track’s own repaving in 2001.

The new surface, and additional safety features have led to many new records being set in the past two years.

Some big bonuses for spectators include a drastically improved viewing area, after extensive earthworks, the installation of new seating, and the levelling and tidying of the grounds to make access easier.

More renovations in the future should include the relocation of the timing shed, toilets and canteen to within the paddock area, and a dedicated walking track for spectators to the top of the hill.

Festivities on Saturday the 15th kick off at lunchtime with a sausage sizzle, before the launch at 2pm.

The MGCCQ has arranged for a special permit allowing those present to complete a lap of the mountain in their road cars at safe speeds, giving a rare insight into life on the other side of the fence.

Action on Sunday the 16th kicks off at 9:30am, with a large range of racing, sports and saloon cars present, eager to try out the new layout, with entry for spectators free of charge.

Fast Facts

Location- The Mount Cotton Hillclimb is located in Redland Shire, just south of Brisbane. From the Pacific Motorway, take the Beenleigh-Redland Bay Road turnoff (just south of the Logan Hyperdome, or north of the Logan Motorway turnoff). You then travel approximately 5km down Beenleigh-Redland Bay Road, and turn left at Mount Cotton Road. The circuit is then 3km away at Gramzow Road, immediately past the Mount Cotton Driver Training Centre on the left.

For further details on the event- please contact MGCCQ Club President John Davies on 0417615871, or email jdavies2@thehub.com.au.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 22:29 (Ref:532111)   #5
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

so many things to do this weekend..I was hoping to go to SBR and the motor show (which i still have not heard anything aboout yet). a few dealers do tell me it's this weekend but nothing in the papers or TV... as well as take a XR6T for a test drive. oh well something will give...
Old 13 Mar 2003, 22:47 (Ref:535506)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad news- the Mt Cotton hillclimb has been postponed until the 6th of March due to the massive amount of rain lately. The track itself has great drainage, but some of the surrounds haven't been able to cope. It's only the third time a meeting has had to be postponed since the 60s.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 22:55 (Ref:535520)   #7
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

bugger but good in my books I might be able to then but which date do you mean the 6th march has been and gone i.e. 26 march or 6th april?? Still undecided to attend SBR open day though..
Old 13 Mar 2003, 23:02 (Ref:535523)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Oops, 6th of April

I'll tell everyone when I get something solid.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 00:12 (Ref:535593)   #9
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

so you going to SBR since hill climb has been postponed?
Old 14 Mar 2003, 01:36 (Ref:535619)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Probably not, I've got to drop the olds in town in the morning, and I've got cricket at Ipswich at 4.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 01:39 (Ref:535620)   #11
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

gee your a good boy aren't you []! no that's a long trip in itself. I am still undecided to go or not. Might go to the ford & holden show a on Sunday though. i still have to get my car looking awesome so i can get a trade in price..so there goes Saturday morning.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 01:46 (Ref:535624)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
To be honest I won't mind having a weekend off. I've got Morgan Park State Championships at the end of March, then the reschedules Mt Cotton, then the HRCC Mt Cotton Hillclimb, then back out to Queensland Raceway...
Old 14 Mar 2003, 01:51 (Ref:535625)   #13
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

I thought i was busy, next weekend flat out in front of the TV with surround sound, and beer in hand watching adelaide then the weekend after that i have to go back down to NSW. then i come back and then have to go back down at easter time (still have to find out when that is actually). sounds like other then travel you have a pretty interesting schedule..
Old 17 Mar 2003, 03:25 (Ref:538558)   #14
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

Did anyone end up going to SBR's open day?
Old 17 Mar 2003, 07:22 (Ref:538627)   #15
Jono
Rookie

Jono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there for about an hour. Bought heaps of stuff, including a life-size cut out of Marcos for only $5. Had a great day. Did anybody else go??
Old 17 Mar 2003, 10:58 (Ref:538767)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
That's a lie Jono, you would have been there for 12 hours
Old 17 Mar 2003, 21:55 (Ref:539511)   #17
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

LOL have to agree crash! you sure he didn't sleep on the door step?