Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Apr 2003, 20:22 (Ref:575890)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2004 Willhire

It was announced at the after race Britcar presentation that next years Willhire 24rs will be at Silverstone and on the GP circuit! My question would be: have they thought about the marshalling numbers needed for the event-I would be surprised if they would get enough for the long circuit and for 24 hrs however keen people would be!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 12:24 (Ref:576388)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how many bobs is that then??? Marshals wearing black at night - nice! I fancy a bit of that.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 15:22 (Ref:578148)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats lots of bobs! My guess at the moment would be that there wouldn't be enough bobs, but if they can attract other marshals then it is a possibility that they would have enough!

hmm...sounds like it could be interesting...note to self, get some pumpkin overalls if doing that meeting!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:36 (Ref:579154)   #4
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a helluva lot of BOBs, and we're struggling to get enough marshals (tango team and bobs) to man the international circuit let alone the GP for 24 hours. And what are the chances that the MSA would issue permits for at least two other events for that weekend too - stretching the limited resources even further??

Don't worry about being visible Chezza, at the previous night meetings they've issued us with fluorescent yellow tabards just to make sure the drivers get completely confused between a luminous bob and a yellow flag.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:579353)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have they said what time of year it will be? I bet they arrange it for peak holiday season just to stretch the marshals (of all race/colour/overals/sex (yes please)) even further!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 13:24 (Ref:579394)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Autosport, apparently James Tuckers' (EERC) "dream" is for August 5/8th 2004, A four day meeting!!!! with the 24hr starting 4.00pm on the 7th. Part of the wish list is also for Ferrari's and Group C plus a pop concert and fun fairs. Can you imagine the MSA and maybe the FIA putting an embargo on other British meetings so that the GP circuit can be manned for 24 hours. Dream on and wait and see.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 13:34 (Ref:579404)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If they made it the weekend after the GP we could all stay over for the week and then all the Bob's could buy us loads of drinks!!!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 15:36 (Ref:579525)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neil_davidson2
Don't worry about being visible Chezza, at the previous night meetings they've issued us with fluorescent yellow tabards just to make sure the drivers get completely confused between a luminous bob and a yellow flag.
That sounds fairly typical....tell us not to wear clothng that is flag coloured and then issue tabards like that...silly people!

Some how I think that this would have to be changed I cannot see that there would be enought marshals to do it!

But hey I might be wrong!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 15:58 (Ref:579546)   #9
neil_davidson2
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I'm now more concered that Stephen has started hallucinating about BOBs buying him loads of beer...
Old 24 Apr 2003, 18:12 (Ref:579712)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
yeah thats true...does he think that we bob's are generous or something??

We only issue beer to those that are nice to us!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 18:46 (Ref:579753)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how do you see a flag at night then? waved a bob in black?
Old 24 Apr 2003, 22:59 (Ref:580014)   #12
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I dread to think! Especially if you get black flagged!!!
Old 25 Apr 2003, 06:53 (Ref:580254)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Blimey, looks like no beers from my mates in black then *sobs*
Old 25 Apr 2003, 11:59 (Ref:580479)   #14
neil_davidson2
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
how do you see a flag at night then? waved a bob in black?
I think last time around, some of the flaggies tried shining torches on their flags in the unlit areas...

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green Blimey, looks like no beers from my mates in black then *sobs*

It was only the BUYING bit that scared us - I'm sure there'll be an ample supply in a field somewhere...

Old 25 Apr 2003, 12:08 (Ref:580497)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hmmm, might have to give the tent another airing then
Old 26 Apr 2003, 09:04 (Ref:581338)   #16
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The logistics of the meeting happening on the GP circuit is pretty slim then...perhaps the International circuit a possiblity and the National circuit more chance. How about marshals buying photographers beers...havn't heard that one yet!
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:19 (Ref:582668)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Nice try Baz!
Old 28 Apr 2003, 14:48 (Ref:582900)   #18
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
the National circuit more chance. How about marshals buying photographers beers...havn't heard that one yet!

Drivers will not need beers.............after 24 hours around national circuit be dizzy enough!!!!!!!
Old 30 Apr 2003, 18:56 (Ref:585455)   #19
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Martin, 20 laps must be enough on the club circuit, but 24hrs...you could be right...litteraly mind bogling!
Old 1 May 2003, 13:02 (Ref:586207)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
couldn't run it on the national - just too short
Old 1 May 2003, 16:37 (Ref:586413)   #21
neil_davidson2
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
How about marshals buying photographers beers...havn't heard that one yet!
There you go with that BUYING word again...

I think whether we get enough people to man the circuit for 24 hours will depend very much on the size/quality of the grid. Personally I'd have been happy to be part of a 24-hour crew for something like the ALMS but would struggle to stay interested for 24 hours (or whatever shift length is planned) of the current Britcar grid.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Britcar is a good series and the current race length is about right - I'm just not sure I'm ready for 24 hours of it...

Old 1 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:586661)   #22
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
I'm sure most marshals would think the same...and the photographers! Also, I know for a fact that a 24hr race is a whole new ball game in the finance area as well. The extra outlay would cripple many of the small Britcar teams and one of the bigger ones...one driver of a "big team" has already told me that it would be out of the question! I don't think that Mr. Tucker has realy looked into this as deeply as he should have though I would love to be proved wrong!!
Old 7 May 2003, 21:06 (Ref:592861)   #23
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Speaking to Mr.Tucker at Brands this weekend he seems to say that there will be no (or very little) other meetings on that weekend that might plunder any marshals. So chances are that a good turn out maybe possible!
Old 7 May 2003, 21:28 (Ref:592903)   #24
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a good turn out of marshals for 24 Hr of 750MC stock hatches maybe... Not boredom
Old 7 May 2003, 22:31 (Ref:592970)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I'd imagine that 24 hours of stock hatches could be fun, although we might run out of cars after a while!