Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Mar 2004, 19:55 (Ref:907422)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who's going where this year ?

Hey , im just a little curious as to who is going to see what race this year ?

Im planning on going to the first round of the FIA GT on the 28th of this month at Monza . Then its the first round of the LMES again at Monza on the first weekend of May before getting ready for my annual pilgrimage to the best place in the world ..... Le Mans .

After that Im not very sure . I was planning on seeing the Spa 24 but I dont think thats possible this year . But 3 races is my best (2003) and I guess its pretty good going .

The reason im interested is that I have quite a few circuits that I eventually would like to see and its interesting to hear other peoples points of view . So humour me
Old 16 Mar 2004, 20:03 (Ref:907433)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
le mans test day, le mans race, and errr...the olympic games.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 20:04 (Ref:907435)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be going to the ALMS rounds at Sonoma and Laguna Seca. That's about all I can fit in. Anything else is quite a trek. Sebring someday though will be a must. And hopefully someday I'll get to see Le Mans in person.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:13 (Ref:907924)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans : PQs in April, race in June, Classic in July... who's gonna come at Classic, BTW ?

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
the olympic games.
Have some Souvlakies for me in Plaka ! I love this place... too bad there's a persistent smog above the town, but what a marvelous country !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Mar 2004 at 07:14.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:30 (Ref:907934)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On a sports car front the big one on June and then Silverstone in August for the LMES. Hopefully I will be at a couple of British GT rounds too starting at Donnington in 3 weeks time.

As well as all that lot there will be lots and lots of touring cars (in fact got my first fiew of them yesterday at the Media/Open Day at Donnington)
Old 17 Mar 2004, 07:33 (Ref:907936)   #6
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I will be going to LeMans, Goodwood Revival, hopefully LMES Silverstone and (speak quietly) the Bahrain Grand Prix
Old 17 Mar 2004, 08:36 (Ref:907962)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
the Bahrein Grand Prix
You say ! Very exotical ! Why particulary this one ?

Last edited by Fab; 17 Mar 2004 at 08:37.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 10:35 (Ref:908039)   #8
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LM Moto, LM PQ, Festival Automobile Historique, LM in June, FOS, LM Classic, Goodwood revival and maybe Beaulieu Autojumble if someone can give me the exact days

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 17 Mar 2004, 10:36 (Ref:908041)   #9
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.... and I forget LM Karting and LM Truck !!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:03 (Ref:908060)   #10
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans is definite, hopefully snapping at Monza LMES and spectating at Silverstone. Other possibles are Nurburgring and Spa 1000kms and Donington FIA GT.

Looking forward to an exciting year!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:48 (Ref:908206)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans, Donington (FIA GT), Spa (Group C, I'll be there anyway), Goodwood (historic sportscar), several club meetings (which no doubt will have several sportscars there) and Nurburgring (although there won't be a race on when I go there!). Possibly the Belgium GP too, although this is strictly back burner at the moment (my race entry there costs less than a ticket for the GP!).
Old 17 Mar 2004, 16:39 (Ref:908300)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMES Silverstone, Goodwood, and maybe the Goodwood Revival.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 16:59 (Ref:908318)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring, Le Mans Pre-Q, Le Mans, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Mosport, Trois-Rivieres (for Trans Am), Petit, three CART races and at least one FIA-GT race if I can find the time.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 17:08 (Ref:908322)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me, just FIA GT at Donnington, LMES at Silverstone and British GT at Thruxton. Would like to do the Spa 24hrs this year too, but seems increasingly unlikely.